I knew DC was bad... I just didn't know how bad...

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: I knew DC was bad... I just didn't know how bad...

Post by tomtexan »

Cedar Park Dad wrote: Am I the only one that read "weapon recovery unit" and get a chill down the old spine? Its reads like some dostopian sci fi B movie.
I made note of that also, and I was thinking, they have a gun recovery unit? Gun recovery unit? I've never heard of such a thing until now.

I am just appalled by this entire story. :eek6
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Taurus.40

Post by Taurus.40 »

Weapon recovery unit is the new potically correct term for gun confiscation unit. The only thing is, they are recovering something that was never theirs. Registration doesn't lead to confiscation does it? This must be a subtle way of letting the citizens of D.C. know that there is a unit that will confiscate when the order is called out.
Last edited by Taurus.40 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NRA member

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sjfcontrol »

Taurus.40 wrote:Weapon recovery unit is the new potically correct term for gun confiscation unit. The only thing is, they are recovering something that was never theirs. Registration doesn't lead to confiscation does it? This must be a subtle way of letting the citizens of D.C. know that their is a unit that will confiscate with the order is called out.
That's exactly what I thought when I read the article. How can you "recover" something that was never yours?
“The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental , nor do they result from from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink”
― George Orwell, 1984
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

DC is another place we almost visited back in 2010 when we were Camp Hosts in Grayson Highlands SP, VA. *sigh*

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

The only times I have visited DC in my adult life were for military ceremonies for my brother (when he received he bird and when he received his star). Now that he is retired I don't see myself ever returning. Fortunately his retirement ceremony was in Red Oak, TX. Don't think Red Oak has ever seen that much brass at one time and is not likely to ever see it again.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

I am torn between being appalled and wondering if freedom is already been dealt a death blow. It's just that some of us live in the parts of the nation that are still twitching for a while longer. My hope is that the swelling numbers of people who get concealed carry licenses and the record breaking sales of firearms will inspire better voting choices among more people who previously voted democrat.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

CoffeeNut wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Never, ever, give permission for a search. Just say'n....

This is a perfect example.
Exactly. I know a lot of people feel like they "have nothing to hide" but why would you want the police tearing your house apart if they have no legal reason to do so?

And if they show up with a search warrant for your place be sure to read it fully before allowing entry (if given the choice).

On another note I'd like to know why a box of ammo and a relic prompted the use of 30 SWAT members?
(Replying specifically to your question that I highlighted in red.) These types of things are done PURPOSELY for the fear and intimidation of the general populace. Meanwhile, gang-bangers and other thugs run around the city ILLEGALLY armed, but those charges, from what I understand, are rarely used against said criminal element. Gun control laws have NOTHING to do with reining in crime, and everything to do with keeping the citizenry in line.

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

It may be the cynic in me speaking, but it seems to me that a lot of these type arrests are more about the felony disenfranchisement of 2A supporters than any actual crime prevention. Media displays magazine on national tv? No Charge. Average joe tourist has an empty .45acp casing left in his trunk from a range trip back home? Throw the book at him. :read: After all, the fewer on our side able to vote means an easier victory for them.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I have to deliver training classes in DC. Last time I walked up 14th to P street at 10 p.m. to get Chinese take-out. In retrospect, that was NOT a good idea.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Never consent. Never consent. Never consent. Never.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:Since there was no gore involved it is probably not worth their effort to report on it. To the media 2A rights are boring.
I think you're mistaken. To the media 2A rights are a threat. Don't give them so much credit....it's not a boring story, they don't report stories like this because they undermine their anti-gun narrative and would provoke more opposition to gun control. They're propagandists and liars.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Topic author
cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cb1000rider »

SewTexas wrote:even my kids know to not give permission, never.
I'd teach your kids how to use the recording functions of their phones. They will face this in their cars and kids are often assumed to not know better and to have little access to recourse.
Kids will not fare well in a he-said-she said with a LEO.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SewTexas »

cb1000rider wrote:
SewTexas wrote:even my kids know to not give permission, never.
I'd teach your kids how to use the recording functions of their phones. They will face this in their cars and kids are often assumed to not know better and to have little access to recourse.
Kids will not fare well in a he-said-she said with a LEO.

good point
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 6

Post by cb1000rider »

At the risk of going on a national watch list, I think someone needs to do this to congress:

http://www.thewire.com/global/2014/01/f ... nt/357093/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”