This one is just sad....

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

This one is just sad....

Post by Wildscar »

With the info in the story this is just sad event. Some people just don't thing about where that little piece of metal is going to go.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 621d2.html

Unborn baby killed in shooting 7:51 AM CT

08:21 AM CDT on Thursday, June 14, 2007
From Staff Reports

Farmers Market A pregnant woman was shot and her unborn baby was killed by random gunfire which came from Central Expressway into her apartment near downtown Dallas early Thursday morning, police said.

The woman was in her apartment at the Camden Farmers Market complex in the 500 block of South Good Latimer Expressway when she was shot in the back, police said.

An off-duty sheriff's deputy heard the shots and found the woman had been hit in the back. She was rushed to nearby Baylor University Medical Center for treatment. Her condition was not available.

Detectives believe the shots were fired from the elevated North Central Expressway which runs adjacent to the apartments.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

Larsin

Post by Larsin »

Wildscar,

You are right...what a tragic event. My wife is 6 months pregnant with our first, and she used to live on the other side of Central in that exact area. My gut was wrenching when I heard that story this morning. I really hope they find whomever fired the shots and deal with them accordingly...

austin

Post by austin »

There may be more to this than meets the eye.

The latest I heard was it was a shot through a window. That suggests it was aimed.

Jacob Staff

Post by Jacob Staff »

This happen yesterday. This guy killed his son and unborn child during an argument with his wife. The 14 year old boy saved his Mother.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/artic ... 61480.html

Updated at 4:13 p.m., Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Charges filed in Big Island stabbing case

By Kevin Dayton
Advertiser Big Island Bureau

HILO, Hawai'i -- A Big Island man was charged with attempted first-degree murder today for allegedly stabbing his pregnant wife in the abdomen repeatedly and causing her to lose her unborn child, and for allegedly killing his 14-year-old son by stabbing him in the neck.
If convicted, 38-year-old Tyrone Vesperas faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Police said Vesperas was separated from his wife, Cheryl-Lyn Vesperas, 34, and the couple was in the process of divorcing. On Monday, the couple began to argue at the home on Paradise Drive in Ainaloa Estates in Puna. Police said the dispute escalated, and Cheryl-Lyn was stabbed repeatedly in the abdomen.

Police said the couple's 14-year-old son, Tyran Vesperas-Saniatan, tried to restrain his father, which allowed Cheryl-Lyn Vesperas to flee from the home in her car.

"At some point later during this struggle, Tyran received a wound to his neck area" that proved to be fatal because it struck his jugular vein, according to a police account released today on the incident and the autopsy findings. Tyrone Vesperas also received a stab wound to his leg.

Police said they were called to the home at 11:30 a.m. by someone who reported he had been stabbed, and also received a second call from Cheryl Vesperas who told police she had been wounded and had fled the home in her vehicle.

Officers found Tyrone Vesperas in the garage of the house, and immediately arrested him.

Tyran's lifeless body was found inside the home, and he was officially pronounced dead at Hilo Medical Center at 5:20 p.m., police said.

Police found Cheryl-Lyn Vesperas parked on the side of Highway 11 on the road from Kea'au to Hilo. Police said she was in the later stages of her pregnancy, and the fetus did not survive the stabbing.

Cheryl Vesperas was listed in stable condition at Hilo Medical Center yesterday.

Today, police charged Tyrone Vesperas with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder. If convicted, he faces a mandatory penalty of life in prison with the possibility of parole for each charge.

To convict Vesperas of the more serious charge of attempted first-degree murder charge, prosecutors must prove he intentionally or knowingly attempted to cause the death of more than one person.

Vesperas has no previous criminal record, but a neighbor near the house said the couple argued at times. Tyrone Vesperas had been living at the house by himself in recent months, and Cheryl Vesperas would bring Tyran to the home to visit his father on the weekends, the neighbor said.
TXDPSA TSRA NRA

Trope

Post by Trope »

When I became a parent, something changed in me. These stories are really hard to bear.

Blessing to all those innocent souls.

KBCraig
Banned

Post by KBCraig »

Trope wrote:When I became a parent, something changed in me. These stories are really hard to bear.
When I first became a father, I also had a profound change of heart about a number of things. One of the biggest, was that I hit my knees sobbing for forgiveness, because I had been party to an unborn life that was aborted. I struggled for many years whether to contact that ex-girlfriend to ask her forgiveness, but decided that it would be selfish to stir up that memory in her mind, just to assuage my own guilt.

Kevin

pgoit

Post by pgoit »

Tragedies like this one are bad enough when its an adult, but when its a child its tenfold. My prayers and condolences go out to the family.

On a side note, let us also pray that the person or persons responsible are swiftly brought to justice and receive EVERYTHING they deserve.
"Where are we going, and why are we in this basket?"

Sara_XD

Post by Sara_XD »

austin wrote:There may be more to this than meets the eye.

The latest I heard was it was a shot through a window. That suggests it was aimed.

not necessarily.........

thats conspiracy theory at its best.... :???:

govnor

Post by govnor »

Sara_XD wrote:
austin wrote:There may be more to this than meets the eye.

not necessarily.........

thats conspiracy theory at its best.... :???:
The shot came from the freeway. The cops found the shell casings. If it was aimed then it would have to be a trained sniper. When I lived over there I actually saw people shooting guns out of their car windows and heard gunshots all the time. It's the scum that lives in South Dallas that does it (the ones with 22" rims). They were probably shooting through the rich people's (in their mind) windows out of some kind of jealousy.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because hard men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

NRA member!

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Please keep this woman & her family in your prayers. She just lost two children to a violent death, and probably came close to dying herself.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”