Won't carry a CHL badge? How about a sticker?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Won't carry a CHL badge? How about a sticker?

Post by wgoforth »

Jaguar wrote:
wgoforth wrote:I think we are talking 2 different kinds of places. The outdoor ranges key controlled I am referring to are usually out of the way, secluded with not many people at a time. We had a murder at ours here in Brownwood years ago and 2 years ago on Christmas day a man was murdered at such a range in OK. Those keys get passed around to buddies and half the folks don't lock it, so lots of non-members come in. Think about it...just you and another guy by yourselves. You're not going to be alarmed at another guy with a gun. Pop. Between that and the dangerous shooters (ie, firing while someone is on the range checking targets after calling cease fire) I do not go to this one. That is why I said each range will be different, just check it out.
While it is a possibility I guess I just haven't thought about it. Members at our club are required to carry a badge, but that could be passed to an outsider just as easily as the key. You describe it perfectly, yes, it is an off the beaten path outdoor range and usually only one or two other groups there at one time, so I guess it is a possibility.

My biggest fear would be finding someone who committed suicide, I've never felt in danger there in the least. Some of my closest friends were met there. I was the club's event coordinator for a few years before I needed a break last election, and I know most of the regulars so usually I'm either by myself or with people I know. Good group of folks but with 250 members I don't know everyone. Dang, now I going to be paranoid. :grumble
This one has the pistol range on the far right, with no dividers. Hunters lay their long guns pointed directly toward the pistol range station (like one loooong table) aiming right at me. When I say anything I get the "It's unloaded. I know how to shoot." You go check your target and call cease fire, then they resume firing while your on the range. You say anything and get the "You're way over there." Looking up at the tin top to the shooters table, and you see it bullet ridden. Nuh uh. Might be fine with trained shooters, but most I have encountered there are not. Like I say, each range will be different.. this is ours.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jaguar »

This is getting too far off topic, but I can see where a bad range layout would be ripe for conflict. I enjoy the solitude of sitting in the boondocks plinking with my .22 just to decompress from the stresses of modern rural life. :thumbs2:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Pecos
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pecos »

How about a CHL tattoo??? :smilelol5:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

ElGato
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ElGato »

george wrote:I have no problem with anyone who wants a badge, or tiara, or sash, or open carry, or long hair, it just isn't my thing.

That's what freedom is all about.
Hello George, It's been a long time my friend. :)
Back to the subject, no I would not wear anything that would show that I'm a CHL.
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

If you are involved in a situation where weapons are displayed or shots are fired, it is not going to matter if you pull out you CHL badge , sash, blue and gold card or your superman cape. You are going to be disarmed, handcuffed and thrown in the backseat while things get sorted out.
Don't waste your money on nonsense.

AdamJ1555
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AdamJ1555 »

dac1842 wrote:If you are involved in a situation where weapons are displayed or shots are fired, it is not going to matter if you pull out you CHL badge , sash, blue and gold card or your superman cape. You are going to be disarmed, handcuffed and thrown in the backseat while things get sorted out.
:iagree:
NRA Member
Glock 19 G4
CHL App Submitted: 12/17/13
Plastic In Hand: 2/11/14

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

Can't believe this thread has lasted this long. Surely there is something of significance somewhere we can discuss, like the Chiefs total meltdown. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TomsTXCHL »

dac1842 wrote:If you are involved in a situation where weapons are displayed or shots are fired, it is not going to matter if you pull out you CHL badge , sash, blue and gold card or your superman cape. You are going to be disarmed, handcuffed and thrown in the backseat while things get sorted out.
I thought it might not be the worst idea if you had your gun-out holding some BG for LEO's arrival that you might be waving your "badge" in the other hand. So's you don't get shot by the GGs.

Yeah the Cowboys were no doubt relieved to watch someone else screw-up their 2nd half. Though the Chiefs did have a lot of injuries didn't they...

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

" I thought it might not be the worst idea if you had your gun-out holding some BG for LEO's arrival that you might be waving your "badge" in the other hand. So's you don't get shot by the GGs."

You're joking, right?

Heck, it'd be a better idea to have a CHL badge on a chain around your neck so you could keep both hands free.

BTW, I AM joking!

The badge around the neck is ludicrous, everyone knows a CHL sash AND CHL tiara are the only way to go when fighting crime.

You may also consider having loud Batman music coming out of your Bat-phone while waiting for those ever so tardy LEO's to finally come on the scene.

They'll appreciate the music and your crime fighting prowess - You betcha!

If you hear and see them laughing, it's with you, not at you...honest.

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

Even with all that, carrying a CHL badge still makes more sense than carrying a .380 :biggrinjester:
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”