October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

WyattP
Posts in topic: 13

Re: October Applications

Post by WyattP »

They received mine in the mail on the 28th and I'm still waiting for an update :(

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

I submitted online 10/6, except for FAST which was done 10/24, and still "waiting on requested materials" all this time with no updates.

Rick1957
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Rick1957 »

Looks like there are a bunch of us in the same boat. lol I mailed everything in on 10-14-2013 and no updates yet

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

Bozz48 wrote:
TexasJake wrote:I submitted everything via RSD site on 10/15/13 and have not received an update yet. Called this morning and spoke to Angela who stated that there was no way to check and see if they received my documents. I informed her that there are people that submitted after I did and they already have an update. She said " Must be an anomaly" and that it "Must be their lucky day" Wow, that was a great explanation. Thanks for the great customer service Angela... :totap:
There are so many variables involved. But they are working on the 2nd and 3rd week of October applications at this point. When you do finally get an update on the web site, things happen pretty quickly after that. I will venture to say that you will receive that first update very shortly.
:iagree: My friend sent his in 4 days before me and got his first update today also.

Carzan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Carzan »

Carzan wrote:
Carzan wrote:10-1 online application completed
10-5 class taken
10-7 fingerprints submitted
10-8 package mailed
12-12 status updated to all complete except background check pending.
12-13 background check complete, License manufacture pending!!!

Woooo Hoooo!!! :woohoo :anamatedbanana :woohoo :anamatedbanana
:thewave
My wife's app has the same timeline but hers was completed 12-11 and showed mailed 12-12
Arrived in the mail today and so did my wife's. They must put them all in a bin for internal mail and the send out only on certain days. Mine didn't show mailed tip monday the 16th.
Badges!?!?, We don't need no stinkin Badges!!!

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

I wish they could at least let people know they received their packets. That would save them a lot of calls. It would save everyone from worrying if your packet even got there. lol

SWK8

Post by SWK8 »

I wish they could at least let people know they received their packets. That would save them a lot of calls. It would save everyone from worrying if your packet even got there. lol[/quote]
:iagree:

TXKeydet08
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXKeydet08 »

76 days mailbox to mailbox :txflag:

Applied online, but mailed everything via snail mail 10/5, license in hand 12/20.

My status changed to "mailed" on Sunday night (15th), so why it takes 5 days for a letter to do what I can in 2.5 hours is beyond me. I do not blame the workers, but there's a systemic problem somewhere...

As a side note on my application process, it wasn't until after I'd submitted everything that I heard anything about submitting documentation on arrests (a couple of PIs earned in fits of youthful exuberance which resulted in nights in the pokey), so I was a little concerned that I might have some delays because of that. Found my record in Virginia online, which I could order a copy of. Found out that here in Harris county, they had absolutely no record of my arrest, and that I'd have to go downtown just to get a letter to say as much :banghead: Fortunately, DPS didn't seem to care about my transgressions enough to ask for paperwork, so huzzah!

What a relief to finally close the status update tab in my browser :thumbs2:

cocked&locked
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cocked&locked »

Congrats guys. I can't wait for it to be over! For the amount of $$ they are asking, the system could be a little more efficient! I'm thinking that they can keep up with the chronological order when the volume is low. When they apps are piling up, agents, probably just grab a pile and head to their desks, the most anal ones probably look at the postage but most just start from the top.
I just became a US citizen in September and had my share of "youthful exuberance" mistakes myself so my envelope had to be thicker than most and I'm surprised I received an update sooner than some guys and girls here! Having lived in five states at more than 10 different addy, a major traffic violation and one night in jail, I'm not surprised that I haven't receive any updates since last saturday. I'm now sitting at 64 days waiting for a license printing/mailed notification. Hopefully the weekend after xmas which should coincide with my Milt Sparks Rigs delivery. Furthermore, the wait is not all bad. It allows me to take the time to reflect on the huge responsibilities that CHLers have and contemplate the dangerous situations in which I will decide not to draw my weapon. The rest of the time is spent making sure my firearms are clean and minty fresh by applying generous amount of Frog Lube.
Hang in there boys and girls. The wait is long right now but with the correct attitude, training and education, you will be able to hang to your license for a lifetime!

Bear Charge
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Bear Charge »

My status changed to mailed on Tuesday and I got the card today for a total of 78 days mailbox to mailbox :hurry:
Democracy is two lions and a sheep voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.
Benjamin Franklin

jmra
Posts in topic: 50

Post by jmra »

Bear Charge wrote:My status changed to mailed on Tuesday and I got the card today for a total of 78 days mailbox to mailbox :hurry:
Congrats
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Post by TBJK »

I did a survey to let them know how they are doing. Ironically I don't remember seeing it before my status updated. Not that my opinion will make a difference in how things are done.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Renewed Oct 28
Attached bar code 2-3 minutes later
Called on Dec. 11th because I had checked a few times and web site says waiting on required material
Dec. 18 all required material received and back ground check pending
Dec. 21 License mailed ( I assume this was posted yesterday)

53 days total but would possibly still be sitting if I hadn't called
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

10/15 - Initial Application 67 Days
10/19 - CHL Class
10/22 - Fingerprints (Transmitted FAST)
10/26 Range Test
10/26 Upload Documents Failed
10/28 Mailed Documents
10/29 - Package Delivered 53 Days

Like many others, no feedback. Still no confirmation the package was even received.
BUT; my check for the fingerprints just now cleared. An Omen????? :reddevil

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

Does anyone have any new news ? Mailed my packet on the 14th.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”