Got a CHL badge - tactical 5-11 badge holder

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
texanjoker

Got a CHL badge - tactical 5-11 badge holder

Post by texanjoker »

I finally found a use for a CHL badge :tiphat: .... for those of you that have one, or want one this will make you get it. 5-11 now has a Tactical Shield Badge Holder Knife Black. This thing is pretty nifty and I may have to buy myself a Christmas present :thumbs2: . (Research for yourself whether you can legally carry this as it could be questionable)
It’s a Shield holder. It’s a knife sheath. No, wait, it’s actually both! 5.11 Tactical introduces the exclusive Shield Badge Holder knife. Carry your badge on your belt or on the included breakaway neck chain and stash a concealed push dagger and a handcuff key too. No one will see it coming. Designed by Mike Vellekamp, this unique edged tool from 5.11 is sure to become your new favorite tactical back-up. Imported.

http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail.asp ... -51077-019

You can even order a custom badge from Gt's....

http://ss.utpb.edu/media/files/universi ... N-LAWS.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by texanjoker on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Got a CHL badge - tactical 5-11 badge holder

Post by Topbuilder »

Double edged... :nono:
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

G0C
Posts in topic: 1

Post by G0C »

Badges are badges. Same mentality.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Topbuilder wrote:Double edged... :nono:

They probably skirt that like most knife dealers do by only sharpening one side.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This is a dagger. Not illegal to sell it to a person, just illegal to carry on or about your person. You can posses them as a collector on your own premises.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topbuilder

Post by Topbuilder »

"on your own premises"

Thats where the bagde should stay too.
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Looks to me they are marketing it to cops and not necessarily CHL holders. Is this something a police officer would find beneficial to have?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

mojo84 wrote:Looks to me they are marketing it to cops and not necessarily CHL holders. Is this something a police officer would find beneficial to have?

True, just thought it was rather funny and we always joke about CHL badges in here. I won't waste 40 bucks on it, but the handcuff part is a good idea in case one is held hostage. I wish I could think of a gadget like this because the gadget guys are going to buy it and money could be made.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Yeah, I caught the joke part it just made me wonder if a police officer would really see a benefit in having this.

My son bought me a CHL badge last year as a gag gift. We got a good laugh at the time and now I have no idea where it is.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

mojo84 wrote:Yeah, I caught the joke part it just made me wonder if a police officer would really see a benefit in having this.

My son bought me a CHL badge last year as a gag gift. We got a good laugh at the time and now I have no idea where it is.

I always joke my badge is a good fishing lure. Some guys really like carrying knives, we see that in here as well. Personally I think a easily grabbed knife is a liability. I guess that could be a good spot to carry one, but I wonder how if it would poke the leg when one sat?

jmra

Post by jmra »

Topbuilder wrote:"on your own premises"

Thats where the bagde should stay too.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “Off-Topic”