"Texas Gun Owners Divided on Best Aaproach to Legalizing OC

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Texas Gun Owners Divided on Best Aaproach to Legalizing

Post by bmwrdr »

True, OC would allow you to carry a bigger gun in summer clothing. And yes, I agree, a bigger gun is an advantage over a smaller gun.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 27

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I can carry a Glock 19 or even a full sized .45 with no coat or special clothing. A super tuck with a bloused out shirt will hide a full size gun.

How big a gun you want to carry?

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasFlash »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I can carry a Glock 19 or even a full sized .45 with no coat or special clothing. A super tuck with a bloused out shirt will hide a full size gun.

How big a gun you want to carry?
Not everyone carries IWB; size of gun definitely makes a difference in OWB concealment...IMHO
Dave :txflag:

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MadMonkey »

03Lightningrocks wrote:I can carry a Glock 19 or even a full sized .45 with no coat or special clothing. A super tuck with a bloused out shirt will hide a full size gun.
That's great.

Not all of us are built the same way, nor do we all carry the same way. I still haven't found an IWB I like, or that I can get to conceal well without having to go back to a coat.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

03Lightningrocks

MadMonkey wrote:
That's great.

Not all of us are built the same way, nor do we all carry the same way. I still haven't found an IWB I like, or that I can get to conceal well without having to go back to a coat.
Sorry, my intentions were not to personally offend you. I was simply trying to offer words of wisdom for a fellow poster. You don't know if you don't try. What inspired my attempt to be of assistance was the comment about having to carry a pocket pistol for summer dress. The poster didn't say due to body type they are forced to carry a small gun. I will try to be more considerate the next time.

bmwrdr
Posts in topic: 6

Post by bmwrdr »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
That's great.

Sorry, my intentions were not to personally offend you. I was simply trying to offer words of wisdom for a fellow poster. You don't know if you don't try. What inspired my attempt to be of assistance was the comment about having to carry a pocket pistol for summer dress. The poster didn't say due to body type they are forced to carry a small gun. I will try to be more considerate the next time.
It is not offending anybody. Posters here just express their opinion which may or not match your personal opinion, but that should be respected too.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

03Lightningrocks

bmwrdr wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
MadMonkey wrote:
That's great.

It is not offending anybody. Posters here just express their opinion which may or not match your personal opinion, but that should be respected too.
Welcome to the forum. I didn't think he was disrespecting my opinion at all. But thanks for being concerned about it. :cheers2:

Edit to add....
LOL... I just realized I looked at the date of your post and thought it was your date of registration here. Jeepers! Oh well... I never said welcome to the forum when you were new so I guess I won't take it back. "rlol" Duh!!!
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

Here is a holster I stumbled across recently. They call it a "sticky holster". I have only used it for a week or three but so far it works great and stays in place. I am even able to tuck it. No clips... and it is inexpensive too. It might have possibilities. I use one for my Glock 27 and my S&W 442. So far so good.

http://stickyholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Oldgringo »

I wear my SA 1911 Lightweight Compact in an inexpensive Don Hume OWB holster.

Frankly my dear, I'm not concerned if the muzzle might peek out beneath the shirt or jacket. It doesn't look any different than the gazillion cell phones, belt knives/tools that we all see all day and night long on our fellow bipeds. It's not a big deal because nobody cares and nobody notices.

Er,...uh, YMMV. :leaving

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

03Lightningrocks wrote:Here is a holster I stumbled across recently. They call it a "sticky holster". I have only used it for a week or three but so far it works great and stays in place. I am even able to tuck it. No clips... and it is inexpensive too. It might have possibilities. I use one for my Glock 27 and my S&W 442. So far so good.

IWB?
NRA Endowment Member

03Lightningrocks

WildBill wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:Here is a holster I stumbled across recently. They call it a "sticky holster". I have only used it for a week or three but so far it works great and stays in place. I am even able to tuck it. No clips... and it is inexpensive too. It might have possibilities. I use one for my Glock 27 and my S&W 442. So far so good.

IWB?
Yes... iwb, pocket...even a ankle attachment. Check out the link. One holster does it all. No OWB

03Lightningrocks

Oldgringo wrote:I wear my SA 1911 Lightweight Compact in an inexpensive Don Hume OWB holster.

Frankly my dear, I'm not concerned if the muzzle might peek out beneath the shirt or jacket. It doesn't look any different than the gazillion cell phones, belt knives/tools that we all see all day and night long on our fellow bipeds. It's not a big deal because nobody cares and nobody notices.

Er,...uh, YMMV. :leaving
:iagree:

03Lightningrocks

03Lightningrocks wrote:
WildBill wrote:

IWB?
Yes... iwb, pocket...even a ankle attachment. Check out the link. One holster does it all. No OWB
By the way... please let me know your thoughts on it after you look it over. I am not married to the thing so anyone wants to bring up drawbacks I am glad to listen.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

So whatever happened at the Texas Open Carry protest at DPS that had been scheduled for the 14th? I don't see anything about it on their FB page. Did they not do it?

tommyg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tommyg »

I,m opposed to open carry. My reasons are it will stir up the anti gun crowd when they see all of the guns in hip holsters.
Businesses will put up more restrictive signs hence making more gun free zones. Now the criminals will have more safe areas to
practice their profession. Remember that someone on the LUBY shooter's level will go for the open carriers first.
Sad but true open carry is a bad idea . :nono:
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”