October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

LadyLightening
Posts in topic: 39

Re: October Applications

Post by LadyLightening »

:fire I'm already getting my hopes up that i'll get that first update this week!

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted
10/17 Mailed documents via USPS

Amonix
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Amonix »

LadyLightening wrote::fire I'm already getting my hopes up that i'll get that first update this week!

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted
Hang in there! I know that is easier said then done but just hang in there. :-)
Amonix
CompTIA A+ Certified Professionaln
CIW Certified Web Foundations Associate
[Changing the world one byte at a time]

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

Amonix wrote:
LadyLightening wrote::fire I'm already getting my hopes up that i'll get that first update this week!

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted

Sooo I just got to thinking about something, do they post weight on the license? I can't even remember what I put on my application. LOL!

rwilso
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rwilso »

Sooo I just got to thinking about something, do they post weight on the license? I can't even remember what I put on my application. LOL!
Yes, basically the same info that is on your TX Drivers Licence. They look about the same.

Hope you at least get your first update this week.
NRA member

jmra
Posts in topic: 50

Post by jmra »

LadyLightening wrote:
Amonix wrote:

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted

Yes. And remember, lying on your app is a criminal offense. :mrgreen:
Just noticed that my weight is not listed on my DL but is on my CHL.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

jmra
Posts in topic: 50

Post by jmra »

rwilso wrote:
Yes, basically the same info that is on your TX Drivers Licence. They look about the same.

Hope you at least get your first update this week.
My weight is not listed on my TX DL.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

I wouldn't say I lied... I only estimated give or take a few pounds! :) It's not much if there is a difference, I just can't remember.

Bozz48
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Bozz48 »

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted
I'm betting that you will. It goes pretty fast after that. Except for the postman.

LadyLightening

Post by LadyLightening »

Bozz48 wrote:

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted
I'm betting that you will. It goes pretty fast after that. Except for the postman.

I thought I was bad about checking the DPS website before everyone started getting their updates... It's multiple times a day now. I've had enough of practicing with holsters in my pants at home, LET ME OUT!!! :patriot:

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

LadyLightening wrote:I thought I was bad about checking the DPS website...
Most days this thread reminds me of the old saying about beating your head against a wall. :banghead:

I'm not going to worry too much about my application (approx 10/24) until the new year at this point. Between the major holidays and the federal government shutdown and at least a few weather problems, I don't imagine things are happening as quickly as they might at another time-of-year.

:waiting:

cocked&locked
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cocked&locked »

I was doing pretty good until guys that I had applied around the 9th-11th started receiving their license. Now I'm anxious. I'm anticipating a manufacturing pending tomorrow am since the site is 2days late and hopefully plastic in hand on Saturday... That would be 65 days. I could always get the license before the update since I live in Austin. I guess it will depends on their mail schedule. I'm also waiting for some holsters and belts from milt sparks so it helps.

Rick1957

Post by Rick1957 »

My App was mailed in 10-14-2003 and nothing yet not even a update. getting worried !!! :cryin

TBJK
Posts in topic: 30

Post by TBJK »

Rick1957 wrote:My App was mailed in 10-14-2003 and nothing yet not even a update. getting worried !!! :cryin
Man a ten year wait is a long time :mrgreen: I'm sure you meant 2013. I sent mine on the 15th & haven't had an update either, so your not alone.

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

LadyLightening wrote:
Bozz48 wrote:

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 Course Completed
10/17 Fingerprinted

I thought I was bad about checking the DPS website before everyone started getting their updates... It's multiple times a day now. I've had enough of practicing with holsters in my pants at home, LET ME OUT!!! :patriot:
It doesn't do any good to check more than once per day. The updates seem to happen over night. So, whatever it shows in the morning, will not change during the day.

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

TBJK wrote:
Rick1957 wrote:My App was mailed in 10-14-2003 and nothing yet not even a update. getting worried !!! :cryin
Man a ten year wait is a long time :mrgreen: I'm sure you meant 2013. I sent mine on the 15th & haven't had an update either, so your not alone.
You should be getting an update this week. I think they are currently working on applications from the 2nd week in October. I sent my stuff on the 9th of October and it went to "mailed" last Friday. It didn't come in yesterday's mail tho.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”