October Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Bozz48
Posts in topic: 28

Re: October Applications

Post by Bozz48 »

TXArmy wrote:All,

Just to let you know the info I have gathered, that I may pass it on...

I had taken my class, fingerprints, etc and mailed them on Oct. 7th. The week prior I had filled out the application online. The DPS received them on Oct. 9th. I had called the DPS several times (including yesterday) and was told that they are swamped and have just begun working on the apps from the second week of October. I just looked on the website and got the following message (62 days since receipt of paperwork):

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

One thing that I have noticed is that the folks that scanned and emailed their paperwork seem to be getting a faster response (just an observation) than those of us who mailed it in. Hope this little bit of info helps. Good luck all!
Thanks TxArmy. I mailed my docs on 9 October, so I should be seeing my first update soon. It is somewhat comforting to know they are just now getting to the ones submitted the second week of Oct. Comforting to me, but not not so much for the others that mailed theirs in November. Thanks again.

Coog61
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Coog61 »

Coog61 wrote:FYI ... Just spoke to a nice guy at the CHL Dept. He said they are currently entering applications received around Oct 7. I submitted mine via e-mail on Oct 10 (they show received on Oct. 14) and he said to give them about two weeks to get this in. He did confirm they had my prints.

At least this gives me time to change my mind again and again about a EDC. :totap:

Checked today.... Background check pending.
As of today... card manufacturing pending :hurry:

jwine
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jwine »

Got my holster in today, been wearing it around the house/yard all evening. Looks like I'm about 2 1/2 weeks behind those getting updates/shipments so at least I'm getting close! Wearing the holster really makes me want that plastic though!

Ozz
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Ozz »

Well my status went to MAILED overnight so looks like I will be camped out by the mail box for the next however many days!! I'm really glad this fourm is here the dialog, having others in a similar situation helps get through this long process. It's been 68 total days counting weekends and holidays since I mailed all of my info. My next step is the long awaited Wally Walk as soon as I get the plastic. :thumbs2: I will post my first experience if there is a place for that.

Hurry up US Mail!!!! Lol

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

Congrats Ozz. You should have it by this weekend. I'm 5 days behind you at 63, and still haven't gotten the first update. Hopefully before Christmas.

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

Okay! :woohoo :woohoo Just checked. Got my first update. Mailed required documents on 9 October via First Class mail.

License Status: Application packet has been received from the applicant, the application is in progress. Show receipt

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Received
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Received
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review

What a relief.

Ozz
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Ozz »

Awesome Bozz!!! And thanks

TexasJake
Posts in topic: 7

Post by TexasJake »

Been watching this site and the DPS site for the past 2 months. Thought I would join up and let yall know where I stand. Uploaded all documents on Oct 15th via the RSD site. Still awaiting documents/No updates yet. Sounds like I might be getting pretty close. We shall see. :totap:

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

TexasJake wrote:Been watching this site and the DPS site for the past 2 months. Thought I would join up and let yall know where I stand. Uploaded all documents on Oct 15th via the RSD site. Still awaiting documents/No updates yet. Sounds like I might be getting pretty close. We shall see. :totap:
Yep. You are probably less than 2 weeks out.

SWK8
Posts in topic: 22

Post by SWK8 »

New to the forum :tiphat: I guess I have a few more weeks, sent mine in on 10/28. I was getting a little worried but everyone seems to be going through the same thing :banghead:

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

Coog61 wrote:
Coog61 wrote:FYI ... Just spoke to a nice guy at the CHL Dept. He said they are currently entering applications received around Oct 7. I submitted mine via e-mail on Oct 10 (they show received on Oct. 14) and he said to give them about two weeks to get this in. He did confirm they had my prints.

At least this gives me time to change my mind again and again about a EDC. :totap:

Checked today.... Background check pending.
As of today... card manufacturing pending :hurry:
Congrats Coog!

Bozz48

Post by Bozz48 »

Mine just went to manufacture pending :txflag: :clapping:

TomsTXCHL
Posts in topic: 25

Post by TomsTXCHL »

May I remind everyone to include please in their posts the DATE when all their materials were submitted, either online or by USPS.

For my own part, my last activity was 10/24, the FAST fingerprint/photo appointment, and that was the last thing that needed to be done, everything else having been submitted online 10/6.

And I'm still waiting of course, with no updates to texas.gov ("Waiting on requested materials").

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Gunner4640 »

TomsTXCHL wrote:May I remind everyone to include please in their posts the DATE when all their materials were submitted, either online or by USPS.

For my own part, my last activity was 10/24, the FAST fingerprint/photo appointment, and that was the last thing that needed to be done, everything else having been submitted online 10/6.

And I'm still waiting of course, with no updates to texas.gov ("Waiting on requested materials").
When I was in the waiting room in March we were posting like this
this is my timeline
3-7-13-Application completed online
3-8-13 -Fingerprints
3-9-13- Class completed
3-11-13 -Mailed all paperwork to DPS
4-27-13 DPS finally updated
5-5-13 Background Complete
5-7-13 Manufacturing
5-8-13 Mailed
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::