Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

ForbidInjustice
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ForbidInjustice »

Which means when I go in to court and play lawyer, I'll be armed with the scriptures of Wikipedia and Dictionary.com!
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas
- http://www.dhs.gov

Where two discourse, if the one's anger rise, the man who lets the contest fall is wise.

Liberty
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Liberty »

KBCraig wrote:
ForbidInjustice wrote:Nope, not according to the Texas Penal Code, anyway.. a knife with a blade over 5½ inches is illegal.

Neither of those two knifes has a double edge, although I do have a folding dagger that does.
PC 46.01(6) "Illegal knife" means a:
(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;
(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;
(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stilletto, and poniard;
(D) bowie knife;
(E) sword; or
(F) spear.

The trouble is that they don't define dagger, dirk, stilletto, poniard, or bowie knife. Someone wanting to make trouble for you could consider that Fairbairn to be a dagger, even with a false edge.
I read somewhere from someone I respect that a CHL allows you to have some of the illegal weapons. The same section of the penal code that makes an exemption to carry a concealed gun, also exempts us from from the illegal weapons.

I am in a Hotel room right now or I'd look it up. Perhaps someone could find the appropriate penal code and explain it beter than I.. or prove me all wet!!
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Sludge
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Sludge »

9mmGuy wrote:I have a hard enough time paying attention to my surroundings, much less trying to do it while listening to music or watching an iPod video... I use one for working out, but not in public.
I have my ipod on me 24/7, but does not mean that I listen to it every chance I get. I lisen to it when I am in my car, when i work out, or when i am at work......

fadlan12
Posts in topic: 4

Post by fadlan12 »

ForbidInjustice wrote:Nope, not according to the Texas Penal Code, anyway.. a knife with a blade over 5½ inches is illegal.

Neither of those two knifes has a double edge, although I do have a folding dagger that does. I think if I got stopped, they would show priority to me carrying the firearm, not worry about the knife that I have on my side. :cool:
Ok the Gerber looked like ir t was, I thought I read the on here about the double edge thing. :smile:

ForbidInjustice

Ah ok, I just thought you assumed that the Gerber was double-edged because it is a combat knife. I love that knife; I was given it by a local police officer a couple years ago. It's quick to snap out, it will cut through anything, and the blade is about as close to 5½ inches as it gets!
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas

Where two discourse, if the one's anger rise, the man who lets the contest fall is wise.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by KBCraig »

Liberty wrote:I read somewhere from someone I respect that a CHL allows you to have some of the illegal weapons. The same section of the penal code that makes an exemption to carry a concealed gun, also exempts us from from the illegal weapons.
A literal reading of the Code does imply that. But others argue that no matter what the Code says, the implied intent of the CHL is to exempt carrying a concealed handgun, and it would be unwise to push the issue.

I'm neutral on it. I know what the law says, but since there is no case law on the matter, I would suggest that you shouldn't be eager to carry a club or illegal knife and claim exemption by having a CHL.

Kevin

Vic9mm
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vic9mm »

with a chl can you have the gun fully loaded and 1 in the chamber? just wondering
Last edited by Vic9mm on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 64

Post by longtooth »

Yes sir you sure can.
You need the gun fully loaded & one in the pipe.
If you need it you will not have time to charge it.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Liberty
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Liberty »

KBCraig wrote:
Liberty wrote:I read somewhere from someone I respect that a CHL allows you to have some of the illegal weapons. The same section of the penal code that makes an exemption to carry a concealed gun, also exempts us from from the illegal weapons.
A literal reading of the Code does imply that. But others argue that no matter what the Code says, the implied intent of the CHL is to exempt carrying a concealed handgun, and it would be unwise to push the issue.

I'm neutral on it. I know what the law says, but since there is no case law on the matter, I would suggest that you shouldn't be eager to carry a club or illegal knife and claim exemption by having a CHL.

Kevin
While I believe the PC clearly states that that it is OK to carry. I doubt that most LEOs would understand the law to mean that it is OK. I agree it would be a bad idea. Being caught would mean an almost certain ride.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

ForbidInjustice

Liberty wrote: While I believe the PC clearly states that that it is OK to carry. I doubt that most LEOs would understand the law to mean that it is OK. I agree it would be a bad idea. Being caught would mean an almost certain ride.
I concur. You wouldn't believe how many LEOs I have proven wrong by calling them out on the penal code [not during a traffic stop or any official situation, just in casual conversation], and it would be unfortunate if I were to be taken to jail based solely on their interpretation of the law. I doubt that they will pull out their cell phone during a routine traffic stop and call their sergeant to verify a statute. Bottom line, I don't want to be taken to jail for anything, even if innocent. That's a heck of a lot of trouble to go through.

Wow, my image post alone started a nice digression!
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by KBCraig »

Vic9mm wrote:with a chl can you have the gun fully loaded and 1 in the chamber? just wondering
If there's not a round in the chamber, it's not loaded.

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

This is my current setup. Gerber Evo, Gerber Mini Paraframe, Inova X5, Sears Repeater in .177 :shock: no, I don't actually carry that. It does bring a whole new meaning to the term "hi-cap" though...50+ rounds :grin: when I turn 21 I will be packing most likely a Ruger wheelgun.[/i]

longtooth
Posts in topic: 64

Post by longtooth »

T3hK1w1 wrote:This is my current setup. Gerber Evo, Gerber Mini Paraframe, Inova X5, Sears Repeater in .177 :shock: no, I don't actually carry that. It does bring a whole new meaning to the term "hi-cap" though...50+ rounds :grin: when I turn 21 I will be packing most likely a Ruger wheelgun.[/i]

Good job young man.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
LT

50rd mag :shock: Dont let Schumer find out.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ForbidInjustice

Whoa, hey.. what is that thing on the left of that picture?
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

Thing all the way on the left is an Inova X5 flashlight I picked up today at Sharper Image to replace my old battered flashlight. Inova makes LED flashlights for law enforcement and the military.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”