North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Re: North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blo

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

texanjoker wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:Those who approved it should be fired. If no one approved it then the troopers who actually did it should be fired. If they had permission they should be suspended as "just following orders" is not an excuse, so "hey the boss said I could" doesn't cut it either.
Seems fair. I think they should burn down their homes too and take away their kids so that those vile offenders can't taint the next generation.

:iagree:

It is rather concerning that people believe everything they read in the liberal media. One would think people would want factual information vs jumping on the bandwagon without proof of any wrong doing. Just a thought, but the same liberal media thinks Obama is the greatest thing to happen to the US. Does that mean we are surrounded by Obama supporters? :tiphat:

Its interesting that those defending police curb stomping the Bill of Rights for a private employer are then calling others who disagree Obama supporters. Does that mean Obama haters hate the Constitution? :reddevil
Last edited by Cedar Park Dad on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

cb1000rider wrote: Think an "off duty" LEO can't pull you over in his/her own unmarked car while wearing Magnum PI shorts and issue a citation? Think again. :-)
Only if he has the cool 'stache though... :tiphat:

(oh man now the theme song is in my head)

gigag04
Posts in topic: 15

Post by gigag04 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:Those who approved it should be fired. If no one approved it then the troopers who actually did it should be fired. If they had permission they should be suspended as "just following orders" is not an excuse, so "hey the boss said I could" doesn't cut it either.
Seems fair. I think they should burn down their homes too and take away their kids so that those vile offenders can't taint the next generation.

It is rather concerning that people believe everything they read in the liberal media. One would think people would want factual information vs jumping on the bandwagon without proof of any wrong doing. Just a thought, but the same liberal media thinks Obama is the greatest thing to happen to the US. Does that mean we are surrounded by Obama supporters? :tiphat:

Its interesting that those defending police curb stomping the Bill of Rights for a private employer are then calling others who disagree Obama supporters. Does that mean Obama haters hate the Constitution? :reddevil
Which of the 1st 10 amendments do you feel was "curb stomped" by the LEOs?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
gigag04 wrote:

#4. Pretty obvious to most people.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
gigag04 wrote: Which of the 1st 10 amendments do you feel was "curb stomped" by the LEOs?
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Anygunanywhere
I was hoping 4 would come up.

What unreasonable search did the LEOs conduct?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
gigag04 wrote:

4th Amendment.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

See above for same question.

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gigag04 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
gigag04 wrote: Which of the 1st 10 amendments do you feel was "curb stomped" by the LEOs?
Anygunanywhere
I was hoping 4 would come up.

They were forced to stop without any standard of cause BUT FOR A PRIVATE PURPOSE.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mojo84 »

It was actually for a federal government purpose of invading one's privacy. It was a private contractor that was hired to do the dirty work and they hired the cop to funnel them subjects under false pretenses.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Post by VMI77 »

I see it a little differently.....I'd argue that the violations were of the 6th and 9th amendments:

6th
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation
Being funneled into a parking lot under the color of authority deprives me of my liberty; specifically in this case, my liberty to travel freely, and not be stopped or detained when I have not violated the law. I think we could also make the argument that such detention has a cost to us, in some specific cases, a direct cost (e.g. having to pay for being late to an appointment, or having to waste time waiting longer because you were stopped and made late), which was imposed without due process or compensation.

9th
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
I have a right to go where I want when I want if I am not violating the law. I have the right to make such travel unimpeded by authority. I don't have to answer to any authority when I have not violated any law. All the ways the police violated the right of people, essentially, to be left alone, has already been described in detail by others posting and to pretend otherwise is disingenuous.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
cb1000rider wrote: Think an "off duty" LEO can't pull you over in his/her own unmarked car while wearing Magnum PI shorts and issue a citation? Think again. :-)
Only if he has the cool 'stache though... :tiphat:

(oh man now the theme song is in my head)

Wow we agree on something in this thread "rlol"

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

gigag04 wrote:
By their involvement they are guilty of violating citizens 4th amendment rights. They used their badge of authority to coerce citizens to subject themselves to violations of their rights.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

gigag04 wrote: I was hoping 4 would come up.
I was following this thread hoping that the LEOs in this forum would unanimously condemn the actions of the LEOs in the story.

Anygunanywhere

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
gigag04 wrote:

The entire point of that post was to get some peoples attention about the liberal media and not believing everything they post w/o facts, but unfortunately that isn't sinking in. This is actually rather concerning that some are so gullible to believe everything the media spins as the truth. No where did I defend anything, in fact there is nothing to defend because there is no proof of any wrong doing in that article. The PD will look into it and nobody has answered whether or not the federal agency in question (not a private agency) has the authority do block a roadway (if that was done) and do this. That would answer a lot whether something was wrong or right. You keep missing that and call for firings, now talk about stomping on the Bill of Rights, wow :banghead: .
Last edited by texanjoker on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

anygunanywhere wrote:
gigag04 wrote: I was hoping 4 would come up.
I was following this thread hoping that the LEOs in this forum would unanimously condemn the actions of the LEOs in the story.

Anygunanywhere

I think I have been pretty clear lets see facts of wrong doing. I won't condemn somebody based on a news article nor jump on the bandwagon without proof. :thumbs2:

You should actually be glad we call for facts. It would be a whole lot easier at work to make decisions based on limited information vs. doing a complete investigation to uncover the truth. When I worked child abuse you can be sure all those accused of some pretty heinous crimes were very thankful I am meticulous when it comes to wanting to know factual information vs hearsay. (A news story is hearsay.) In many instances I cleared people that otherwise would have been charged with a crime.

Return to “Off-Topic”