Request for Info On Dallas Gun Club

Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
catsofthebase3
Posts in topic: 6

Request for Info On Dallas Gun Club

Post by catsofthebase3 »

It is a private club located off of I-35 and state highway 121.

Is there anyone who is a member there/has shot there/has been there?

Before anyone posts it, I have been to the website already. What I would like from this thread is some first hand information about the place.

Any info will be greatly appreciated it, thanks for your time from yet another CHL'er

age_ranger
Posts in topic: 3

Post by age_ranger »

Is that the Dallas Pistol Club?
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Topic author
catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

age_ranger wrote:Is that the Dallas Pistol Club?
Nope, Dallas Pistol Club is a wee bit further down the highway, near Belt Line.

I've heard plenty about the DPC (sounds good). But I want to know more about this place.

http://www.dallasgunclub.com/ - There's a link. Feel free to give them a ring, or try the e-mail. I did, and got no response from either. So, I'm hitting the message boards in hopes that my fellow marksmanship enthusiasts can help me out. :grin:

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

I've never been there, but it always struck me as more of a country club typt atmosphere. Lots of skeet/trap shooting.

I also understand it to be quite expensive to join.

Sorry I couldn't be much help. I am a member of DPC if you would like any info on it. They are not very far apart.

Topic author
catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

KRM45 wrote:I've never been there, but it always struck me as more of a country club typt atmosphere. Lots of skeet/trap shooting.

Sorry I couldn't be much help. I am a member of DPC if you would like any info on it. They are not very far apart.
I am also aware of your club. It would be great, but I am looking for a rifle range as well. I could be persuaded otherwise, but for now, thats my goal.

You are correct about the price. According to their proposers form, an initial payment of 5 thousand dollars *plus tax* is required, plus a monthly fee. I know, isn't cheap, but still worth looking into.

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

$5k for a gun club membership?? Does that come witha new firearm and ammo??!!!

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

catsofthebase3 wrote:
KRM45 wrote:I've never been there, but it always struck me as more of a country club typt atmosphere. Lots of skeet/trap shooting.

I am also aware of your club. It would be great, but I am looking for a rifle range as well. I could be persuaded otherwise, but for now, thats my goal.

You are correct about the price. According to their proposers form, an initial payment of 5 thousand dollars *plus tax* is required, plus a monthly fee. I know, isn't cheap, but still worth looking into.
I know what you mean about wanting access to a rifle range at a club. DPC does allow .22LR and some variety of the .17 caliber rifles. We have a 50yd range and one that is almost 100yds. I enjoy plinking with my .22 there. When I want to shoot something bigger though I end up paying $15 down at elm fork.

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

By the way, $5000 / $15 = a lot of trips to elm fork.

Topic author
catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

KRM45 wrote:By the way, $5000 / $15 = a lot of trips to elm fork.
Yes yes, its expensive, its REALLY expensive. I'm not saying its worth it, in any respect, i don't know much about the place.

All I want at this point is some first hand info on the place. C'mon. Someone out there must be curious about what such a huge price tag gets you?

Or have I just lost my mind? *fine if I have, never used the darn thing".

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

I'd love to find out what that price tag gets you!! I would imagine that it would really be a nice package. I'll skip what I think might be there, but I'm picturing a oasis like no other!!

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KBCraig »

Looking at the satellite shot, I see a nice clubhouse and a shotgun range. No berms or bunkers in sight. And given the surrounding area, I think they'd be undersized for rifle and pistol range shooting by a few hundred acres.

Their website seems well represented by the high-buck O/U and sporting clays shown on the front page, and the emphasis on the clubhouse, bar, and social/corporate events. Nothing wrong with that, if you've got the bucks. I sure don't, though.

To put it in perspective, that $5,000 annual membership is probably only 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the typical shotgun in use there.

Kevin

Topic author
catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

According to the site, they have pistol and rifle ranges. The main clubhouse may only be next to the skeet lines though.

Greybeard

Post by Greybeard »

It's been several years ago now, but the place made "news" over live pigeon shoots.
CHL Instructor since 1995
http://www.dentoncountysports.com "A Private Palace for Pistol Proficiency"

Right-Wing-Nut

Post by Right-Wing-Nut »

I have been there and it is pretty high tone IMO. Everything is very nice and people were friendly. I shoot a lot of trap and it would be awesome but 5k, plus monthly fee of $100, PLUS $$$ for each round of skeet/trap is too rich for my blood. There are a lot of Range Rovers in the parking lot and a lot of dudes talking about their African hunting trips inside. There is also a waiting list to join. Hope that helped you out.
In a world of compromise, some men don't.

hi-power

Post by hi-power »

Greybeard wrote:It's been several years ago now, but the place made "news" over live pigeon shoots.
Those weren't pigeons. They're called Cornish Bridge Hens. :lol:

Return to “Shooting Ranges”