knockout game

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Re: knockout game

Post by Oldgringo »

Glock 23 wrote:What happens when you're attacked...and not only not knocked out, but still have enough senses to respond?
:headscratch

SherwoodForest
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SherwoodForest »

This video of a "KO game" failure may have been linked to already, but it's worth reviewing because there are strong indications that this victim was probably carrying a handgun in her purse. After a couple of recovery steps following the punch - she turns and advances towards her attacker while simultaneously reaching for the latch on her purse. I think this punk was lucky - this time-because he was running away, and she wisely decided not shoot him in the back. Had she been aware that the attack was captured on video....who knows.

http://phillymag.com/2013/11/20/video-k ... ladelphia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SherwoodForest on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 8

Post by suthdj »

Ok here is another twist. You see it happen and the kids are running your direction after it happened, do you draw on them to detain for police, let them run on by and help the victim. Remember they have proven to be a threat and WILL more then likely do it again to someone, even your wife or mother.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Awareness buys time / options. When time is up and options are exhausted, the firearm can become a force option in the face of multiple attackers. When the firearm is used, though, other people get to decide whether it was a justifiable use of force based on the facts that are gathered and presented to them. If your choices up to and through the event are deemed reasonable by these third parties after the fact and not in the moment, you will be exonerated. If not.... With this in mind, avoidance where possible is certainly a good fist option. De-escalation / deterrence by ensuring that potential attackers are aware of your awareness and adopting a defensive posture may be good second options before you get to the point of using other tools. Neither of these is possible without good, practiced awareness along with ongoing consideration of possible safety-enhancing actions.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Ok here is another twist. You see it happen and the kids are running your direction after it happened, do you draw on them to detain for police, let them run on by and help the victim. Remember they have proven to be a threat and WILL more then likely do it again to someone, even your wife or mother.
If I don't feel directly and imminently threatened, my sidearm will not be drawn. Until that point, I will simply try to be a good witness and help the victim.

In the case of violent criminals (and these kids fit that bill), I agree with Uncle Ted's comment, "I don't like repeat offenders; I prefer dead offenders." I am not law enforcement and if the kids have moved past the criminal act any act of mine needs to be in consideration of my safety within legal parameters. I have no training or duty to detain suspects and will not attempt to do so. I am not a vigilante and will not seek "street justice" that could imperil my liberty.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

Wow, it is a hate crime.
http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-sus ... ories.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jmra »

suthdj wrote:Wow, it is a hate crime.
http://news.yahoo.com/knockout-game-sus ... ories.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wait, it's only a hate crime because the victim was a Jew? Not one mention of race in the article.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

SherwoodForest wrote:This video of a "KO game" failure may have been linked to already, but it's worth reviewing because there are strong indications that this victim was probably carrying a handgun in her purse. After a couple of recovery steps following the punch - she turns and advances towards her attacker while simultaneously reaching for the latch on her purse. I think this punk was lucky - this time-because he was running away, and she wisely decided not shoot him in the back. Had she been aware that the attack was captured on video....who knows.

http://phillymag.com/2013/11/20/video-k ... ladelphia/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I noticed this one too! She quickly reaches for her bag, but they cut it off before she pulls whatever she's reaching for out.

Hope they catch this punk.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

jmra wrote:
Wait, it's only a hate crime because the victim was a Jew? Not one mention of race in the article.
I guess the attacker must have been a Muslim, Christian, or some other non-Jew religion. :confused5
21-Apr-09 filed online

jmra

Post by jmra »

suthdj wrote:
jmra wrote:
I guess the attacker must have been a Muslim, Christian, or some other non-Jew religion. :confused5
Your guess is as good as mine. I just can't believe after the whole GZ fiasco the lengths that the MSM will go to make this anything but a black on white hate crime.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

If you are aware of the situation you may be half expecting a punch. Ducking or moving your head at the right time can keep the punch from landing properly or even missing entirely. Just drop your head and his punch may land on the top of your head.

I don’t know about others but if a guy punched me in the top of my hard head, he would break every bone in his hand and it wouldn’t even phase me. :banghead:

If the punch misses I am going to get off as many shots as I can before he hits the ground. Any of his “buds” move toward me, I carry two spare mags.

I don’t think I need to worry too much though. When I retired we moved from Houston to a very small town in South Texas.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

aaangel

Post by aaangel »

http://news.awfbase.com/content/knockou ... pOYpRxLQUV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keep playing with fire...... maybe some of these punks will learn. nah who am i kidding.
'got to Texas ASAIC.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

aaangel wrote:http://news.awfbase.com/content/knockou ... pOYpRxLQUV

keep playing with fire...... maybe some of these punks will learn. nah who am i kidding.
Hope she braces herself for an attack by the SJIC (Social Justice Industrial Complex).

Dave2
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dave2 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:This crime is clearly a black on white crime and, to my knowledge, there has been no report of an attack by a white assailant or a black victim. Did you see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on TV last night calling for an end to this racist, senseless violence? I didn't either, nor did anyone else.

Chas.
Well, it's not on TV (AFAIK), but breitbart is reporting that Al Sharpton condemns 'knockout' game. So unless the reporter is twisting his words or something, credit where credit is due.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Dave2 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:This crime is clearly a black on white crime and, to my knowledge, there has been no report of an attack by a white assailant or a black victim. Did you see Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson on TV last night calling for an end to this racist, senseless violence? I didn't either, nor did anyone else.

Chas.
Well, it's not on TV (AFAIK), but breitbart is reporting that Al Sharpton condemns 'knockout' game. So unless the reporter is twisting his words or something, credit where credit is due.
Took him long enough. Guess he needed to see which way the wind was blowing.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”