knockout game

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 11

Re: knockout game

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
TEXASGIANT wrote:At what point do you get to engage the attacker? When you hear the footsteps speed up behind you? When his arm is cocked back and loaded. You better get it right the first time or you may not get a second chance. Do you have to wait till he strikes you?
You better have this figured out before you are bracing to be hit while firing with your eyes closed.
I don't think you will have the chance to think it all out like that. Even if you have a gun in your hand, getting hit in the right spot on your jaw is going to turn your lights off. It doesn't even have to be a powerful punch. Just placed in the right spot. The part about this that is worrisome comes into the fact that there is NOTHING you can do to prevent it. Unless you refuse to walk past every human alive. It is very likely you will never see it coming.

I have decided that I won't be strolling past any groups of black teens.
Be very aware of your surroundings. Whenever possible use the buddy system. If you become isolated from crowds keep your head on a swivel. Take wide archs around corners. Be prepared to duck and get your arms up around your head so that your arms take the initial blow instead of your head. It's better to take yourself to the ground than have the blow take you to the ground. Once you have deflected the initial attack these cowards will probably run. If not, use your non shooting side as a shield and go for your gun. Good luck and be safe.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Here's a moron from February that targeted a CHL holder that shot him twice. Too bad he didn't get a better shot placement. The Thug has turned his life around as usual...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11 ... e-used-it/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

suthdj
Posts in topic: 8

Post by suthdj »

Was Congresswoman Meng a 'knockout game' victim?

http://launch.newsinc.com/?type=VideoPl ... hooting%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

You can count on Congresswoman Meng being unarmed. It would be hypocritical of her to carry a gun when she's voted for every anti-gun bill that's hit New York. Maybe this incident knocked some sense into her about self defense. No pun intended.

Of Course she works in an infringed City and was mugged in one as well...
III

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

So, Bloomberg would get 17 Armed guards on his payroll and all other NYers are disarmed. NYers you reap what you seed.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 24

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
TEXASGIANT wrote:At what point do you get to engage the attacker? When you hear the footsteps speed up behind you? When his arm is cocked back and loaded. You better get it right the first time or you may not get a second chance. Do you have to wait till he strikes you?
You better have this figured out before you are bracing to be hit while firing with your eyes closed.
I don't think you will have the chance to think it all out like that. Even if you have a gun in your hand, getting hit in the right spot on your jaw is going to turn your lights off. It doesn't even have to be a powerful punch. Just placed in the right spot. The part about this that is worrisome comes into the fact that there is NOTHING you can do to prevent it. Unless you refuse to walk past every human alive. It is very likely you will never see it coming.

I have decided that I won't be strolling past any groups of black teens.
Be very aware of your surroundings. Whenever possible use the buddy system. If you become isolated from crowds keep your head on a swivel. Take wide archs around corners. Be prepared to duck and get your arms up around your head so that your arms take the initial blow instead of your head. It's better to take yourself to the ground than have the blow take you to the ground. Once you have deflected the initial attack these cowards will probably run. If not, use your non shooting side as a shield and go for your gun. Good luck and be safe.
One more recommendation I would add. Don't walk with your hands in your pockets or with both hands loaded up with shopping bags or such.

TEXASGIANT

Post by TEXASGIANT »

I guess I'm still looking for a definitive answer on the moment that you can drop the hammer. Do you have to get hit or hope that there is a video camera somewhere near by that will show him swinging as you drill him or. . .
The other day I was in an area where I could use the surrounding windows to check my six and had my hand in my shirt gripping some reassurance as the guy I had my eye on closed on me and passed and kept on walking talking on the phone.
Someone sooner or later is going to drop some poor innocent kid just for walking to fast.
I am just a simple soldier, I have to much honor to be a politician and there are no statesmen left.

jmra

Post by jmra »

TEXASGIANT wrote:I guess I'm still looking for a definitive answer on the moment that you can drop the hammer. Do you have to get hit or hope that there is a video camera somewhere near by that will show him swinging as you drill him or. . .
The other day I was in an area where I could use the surrounding windows to check my six and had my hand in my shirt gripping some reassurance as the guy I had my eye on closed on me and passed and kept on walking talking on the phone.
Someone sooner or later is going to drop some poor innocent kid just for walking to fast.
You could always yell "Stranger Danger!" :smilelol5:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks

jmra wrote:
TEXASGIANT wrote:I guess I'm still looking for a definitive answer on the moment that you can drop the hammer. Do you have to get hit or hope that there is a video camera somewhere near by that will show him swinging as you drill him or. . .
We can use our weapons to defend ourselves. There are some circumstances we can blast a person for stealing our property and trying to run away. We cannot shoot a person for revenge purposes. You have to decide for yourself at what point you are at if this form of attack happens to you. Again... You aren't going to do diddly if you are knocked out. JMRA posted some ideas above about how to react if you see it coming... IF you see it coming, you can shoot to defend yourself but you better be sure it isn't just a kid running in your general direction.

If you wake up and see them running off, firing your weapon at them is going to be real expensive for you. Even if you walk away from jail time, get out your check book.
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
jmra wrote:
We can only use our weapons to defend ourselves. There are some circumstances we can blast a person for stealing our property and trying to run away. We cannot shoot a person for revenge purposes. You have to decide for yourself at what point you are at if this form of attack happens to you. Again... You aren't going to do diddly if you are knocked out. JMRA posted some ideas above about how to react if you see it coming... IF you see it coming, you can shoot to defend yourself but you better be sure it isn't just a kid running in your general direction.
:iagree: Unfortunately this game ends very badly for someone. Hopefully being more aware of our surroundings makes us a less desirable target.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

03Lightningrocks

jmra wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote:
jmra wrote:
We can only use our weapons to defend ourselves. There are some circumstances we can blast a person for stealing our property and trying to run away. We cannot shoot a person for revenge purposes. You have to decide for yourself at what point you are at if this form of attack happens to you. Again... You aren't going to do diddly if you are knocked out. JMRA posted some ideas above about how to react if you see it coming... IF you see it coming, you can shoot to defend yourself but you better be sure it isn't just a kid running in your general direction.
:iagree: Unfortunately this game ends very badly for someone. Hopefully being more aware of our surroundings makes us a less desirable target.
Lol... That will learn me for reading my post after I post it. I killed the word only in my first sentence. I didn't want to get everyone going on about saving others and such.

jmra

Post by jmra »

03Lightningrocks wrote
"If you wake up and see them running off, firing your weapon at them is going to be real expensive for you. Even if you walk away from jail time, get out your check book."

Yep, not to mention trying to figure out which one of the two figures running away to shoot. How many fingers am I holding up?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

The best pre-defense is awareness. Intelligence and preparedness are the best means to win a war.
Are you aware?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

jmra

Post by jmra »

Beiruty wrote:The best pre-defense is awareness. Intelligence and preparedness are the best means to win a war.
Are you aware?
:iagree:
Part of preparedness should include proper planning of your goings and comings. Most of the victims are attacked when they are isolated from others. Try to avoid walking alone especially early morning and late evening. And always keep your head on a swivel. These guys don't want anyone to see them coming. Eye contact with those around you is probably your best weapon.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Glock 23
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Glock 23 »

What happens when you're attacked...and not only not knocked out, but still have enough senses to respond?

Not everyone can easily be knocked out. I was a victim of a similar "game", before this became main stream. I knew the guys, but that didn't make me want to retaliate any less. And what reaction would be excessive in LEO eyes?

Return to “The Crime Blotter”