Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

karlac
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cities improperly posting 30.06 signs?

Post by karlac »

JKTex wrote:
karlac wrote:City of West University Place, TX has a 30.06 sign on their Rec Center on Bellaire Blvd and West Point St. Wording appears correct, but it is very difficult to read, and photograph, since it is not on a contrasting background.
IMG_1944.JPG
An invalid sign is no more or less invalid because of wrong contrast, letter size, wording etc. It's just plain invalid from the git go. :mrgreen:
The point of the post was to provide what Mr Cotton was asking for in the subject line: incidents of the "improper" posting of 30.06 signs by government entities.

The information regarding contrast was not provided as a question with regard to "validity", but simply as an indication that the folks who affixed it to the window were either clueless, being disingenuous in an attempt to intimidate CHL holders, or both.

Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

karlac wrote:City of West University Place, TX has a 30.06 sign on their Rec Center on Bellaire Blvd and West Point St. Wording appears correct, but it is very difficult to read, and photograph, since it is not on a contrasting background.
IMG_1944.JPG
West University is somewhat egrigous at posting 30.06 signs on their buildings. Check out http://www.texas3006.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a list of other buildings that are posted. I'll go ahead and add this one to the database.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

1wise1

Post by 1wise1 »

Well, where do I start. This is on the front door of the Carrollton, TX City Hall.
Gunbuster pistol in red circle: Sign (white letters on clear glass) reads "Carrying of a concealed handgun on these premises is prohibited and violators will be arrested for criminal tresspass. (sic) Texas Penal code section 30.05(a)
City council meets in building, City Manager, financial services and Fire Dept. Administration. No courts.
No 30.06 signs anywhere.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Keith B »

1wise1 wrote:Well, where do I start. This is on the front door of the Carrollton, TX City Hall.
Gunbuster pistol in red circle: Sign (white letters on clear glass) reads "Carrying of a concealed handgun on these premises is prohibited and violators will be arrested for criminal tresspass. (sic) Texas Penal code section 30.05(a)
City council meets in building, City Manager, financial services and Fire Dept. Administration. No courts.
No 30.06 signs anywhere.
Don't worry about those. They don't apply to a CHL at all. They only apply to someone without a license that would be carrying.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I haven't read through this entire thread, but above the doors on Reliant Arena are 30.06 signs. Reliant is owned by Harris County as far as I know.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RottenApple »

RossA wrote:I haven't read through this entire thread, but above the doors on Reliant Arena are 30.06 signs. Reliant is owned by Harris County as far as I know.
Reliant Stadium is indeed owned by Harris County. But professional sporting events are off limits anyway. Is there much beyond professional sports that goes on there?

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

NO professional sports take place in Reliant Center (I may have mistakenly said Reliant Arena). Sports take place in Reliant Stadium, a totally different building separated by parking, sidewalks, etc.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RottenApple »

RossA wrote:NO professional sports take place in Reliant Center (I may have mistakenly said Reliant Arena). Sports take place in Reliant Stadium, a totally different building separated by parking, sidewalks, etc.
You did originally say "Arena" which I mentally changed to "Stadium". So the bad, it's all mine. Sorry for the confusion.

MotherBear

Post by MotherBear »

TheArmedFarmer wrote:Just outside Waco, the Carleen Bright Arboretum in Woodway (a beautiful arboretum, by the way) is on city property, and they recently posted a 30.06 sign on the welcome board that you drive past upon entering.

Below is what I sent to the manager of the arboretum. She did reply and said she'd pass along the information.
Just thought I'd note that I was there today for a wedding and the sign is still posted. Also a gunbusters sign on the window of the building the wedding was in.

unicyclist
Posts in topic: 14

Post by unicyclist »

Thought I had this posted here, guess not. Here it is

Galveston County Parks and Recreation
4102 Main (FM 519)
LaMarque, TX 77568

Here is the thread.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68991&p=852736&hili ... st#p852736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

At least one Mansfield TX School has one (30.06) in the front entry way. I guess they cannot read the law very well. I would have never thought it
it was legal to carry in the school it self. There are none in the parking lot that I have seen. More feel good policy.
AB

psycho_bob42

Post by psycho_bob42 »

In Bay City the Matagorda County Courthouse is posted with 30.06 signs at each entrance. The first floor of the building is used for tax offices and vehicle registration. The actual courtrooms are on the second floor.

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 9

Post by MeMelYup »

psycho_bob42 wrote:In Bay City the Matagorda County Courthouse is posted with 30.06 signs at each entrance. The first floor of the building is used for tax offices and vehicle registration. The actual courtrooms are on the second floor.
They are classing it as a court building. I would like to see the law changed to Court Rooms and Offices if properly posted. Take building out of the equation.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 12

Post by JP171 »

MeMelYup wrote:
psycho_bob42 wrote:In Bay City the Matagorda County Courthouse is posted with 30.06 signs at each entrance. The first floor of the building is used for tax offices and vehicle registration. The actual courtrooms are on the second floor.
They are classing it as a court building. I would like to see the law changed to Court Rooms and Offices if properly posted. Take building out of the equation.

this is what the law does say, it doesn't seem to me to mean the entire building but has been interpreted to mean that by county/city/state people

PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):

(3) on the premises of any government court or offices utilized by the court, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the court;

to me this means that you cannot go into court rooms, the clerks office or any other offices used by the court

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”