What's your EDC knife?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 2

Re: What's your EDC knife?

Post by Dirthawking »

Spyderco Police special serrated. All surgical stainless vg10 that can be sterilized. Even the handle.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

silverbear

Post by silverbear »

silverbear wrote:ESEE Izula fixed blade most of the time. In the sheath it fits into my business attire easily and its tough as nails. Also have a Kershaw Bump and Mini Mojito that see some use.
Two years later and still use my ESEE Izula for the same reasons above.
I support the right to arm bears.

68Charger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 68Charger »

Oh c'mon! I know more of y'all carry knives! Let's see some pics of those beauties!
We don't need no stinking badges!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

Dirthawking wrote:Spyderco Police special serrated. All surgical stainless vg10 that can be sterilized. Even the handle.
Have you ever done that? And by sterilized, do you mean autoclaving or some other means?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 6

Post by C-dub »

68Charger wrote:Oh c'mon! I know more of y'all carry knives! Let's see some pics of those beauties!
It's no beauty. Just a Kershaw with a 3.5" tanto half serrated blade. I'f I'm in slacks at work I just have a little swiss army type knife with about 6-7 things on it.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

Picked this up in Switzerland

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jaguar wrote:Picked this up in Switzerland

[ Image ]
Nice. What is the model?
NRA Endowment Member

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

WildBill wrote:

[ Image ]
Nice. What is the model?
I believe it is the "One Hand Trekker", item 54884. The box and "instructions" doesn't list the model, but according to the website photos I believe that is the one I got. The photo I posted is from their website. I was working with a young man that was also a member of the Swiss Army and was looking at their selection at the company store and he told me this is the one they are issued in the military.

Not sure I like the main blade's serration at the tip, most knives I've had that have partial serration have it at the base and a smooth blade at the tip. I'll carry it around for a while and see if I like it, but it is a good well made Victorinox.

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know what that little blade on the back that only opens 90 degrees (shown open about 70 degrees) is for? I've looked online and haven't found anything. (EDIT - found it, "REAMER W/SEWING EYE". Okay then... :coolgleamA: )
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Syntyr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Syntyr »

In Dress Pants

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

C-dub wrote:
Dirthawking wrote:Spyderco Police special serrated. All surgical stainless vg10 that can be sterilized. Even the handle.
Have you ever done that? And by sterilized, do you mean autoclaving or some other means?
I have used steam cleaners and sonic cleaners for mechanical parts several times on it. My understanding is that YES it can go through an actual autoclave for medical instruments.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

68Charger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 68Charger »

That ZT is beautiful. What's the name of it? I know its Zero Tolerance, but what model?
We don't need no stinking badges!

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Jaguar wrote:
WildBill wrote:

[ Image ]
Nice. What is the model?
I believe it is the "One Hand Trekker", item 54884. The box and "instructions" doesn't list the model, but according to the website photos I believe that is the one I got. The photo I posted is from their website. I was working with a young man that was also a member of the Swiss Army and was looking at their selection at the company store and he told me this is the one they are issued in the military.

Not sure I like the main blade's serration at the tip, most knives I've had that have partial serration have it at the base and a smooth blade at the tip. I'll carry it around for a while and see if I like it, but it is a good well made Victorinox.

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone know what that little blade on the back that only opens 90 degrees (shown open about 70 degrees) is for? I've looked online and haven't found anything. (EDIT - found it, "REAMER W/SEWING EYE". Okay then... :coolgleamA: )
:thumbs2: Thanks. I'll check it out.
NRA Endowment Member

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

I carry one of these most of the time. I lost my last Mora but I don't think I'll lose this one. :mrgreen:
http://www.moraofsweden.se/adventure/co ... uty-orange" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

I haven't managed to lose or destroy my Kershaw Leek yet. It's usually what goes in my pocket.

Also carried is a CRKT Drifter, a plain-jane knife with a wickedly sharp edge. Unfortunately, I seem to have misplaced it at the moment...

I've had a bunch of others, including a K-Bar last-ditch knife and a Benchmade, but I've gone to simple and inexpensive, due to my ability to lose a knife in the middle of an empty counter or table. It hurts the pocketbook a lot less, and somehow, the cheap knives stay with me longer. The K-Bar and Benchmade are long gone. The Kershaw was with me before either of them, and it's still in my pocket.

stevem

Post by stevem »

Cold Steel Espada 5", Emerson Commander, AND a Hide-Away-Knife neck knife....and a pistol. :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”