"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

targetlock
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by targetlock »

howdy,

new to the forum.

Class and qualify 9/21
Prints 9/27
Mail 9/27
Background 11/1

Great forum as we all watch the pot together...

Bozz48
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bozz48 »

Cockor2Kelli wrote: So... I'm offically in the waiting boat. I'm so glad i've found all of this helpful information *after* I mailed all of my documents. I pray that the DPS receives my documents! I was one of "those" that didn't make any copies of anything and stuck it in the mail. I know...I know. I'm so regretting that now that I've read about people uploading theirs on the website. Grrr! The website still says waiting on the receipt of materials but from what others have experienced, I shouldn't expect an update anytime soon. I hope it goes by fast!

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 CHL Class
10/17 Fingerprints
10/17 Mailed Documents to Austin
If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. In hindsight, I wish I would have waited a day and made a copy of the CHL-100 at least.

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

Bozz48 wrote:
Cockor2Kelli wrote: So... I'm offically in the waiting boat. I'm so glad i've found all of this helpful information *after* I mailed all of my documents. I pray that the DPS receives my documents! I was one of "those" that didn't make any copies of anything and stuck it in the mail. I know...I know. I'm so regretting that now that I've read about people uploading theirs on the website. Grrr! The website still says waiting on the receipt of materials but from what others have experienced, I shouldn't expect an update anytime soon. I hope it goes by fast!

09/26 CHL Application
10/04 CHL Class
10/17 Fingerprints
10/17 Mailed Documents to Austin
If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. In hindsight, I wish I would have waited a day and made a copy of the CHL-100 at least.
Give DPS a call and they will let you know they have received the documents. It won't speed up the process but it will give you peace of mind. If for some reason the documents were lost in the mail it's not a real big deal. You can contact your instructor and they will gladly provide a copy of the CHL -100.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Bozz48
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bozz48 »

Thanks jmra, I will do that Monday.

localdude
Posts in topic: 3

Post by localdude »

Woo Hoo! :woohoo

Finally received my plastic today. 42 Days (E-mail submission to mailbox)

Weird, because my buddy and I both submitted on the same day, and he still doesn't have a status update.

He called and they told him they didn't know his status, since he submitted it electronically... :headscratch

Anyways... I'm OUTTA HERE! I'm leaving the seat warm and the magazines a little sticky...

By the way. I refuse to do a "Wally Walk". That's just plain cheesy.

Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

41 days, Mailed in app still no communication on prints or anything.....Any advise? :grumble :grumble :grumble

Borntexan1962

Post by Borntexan1962 »

Ok I get it this is my last post.................................................................................................................Remove me from the members list!

jmra
Posts in topic: 77

Post by jmra »

Bozz48 wrote:Thanks jmra, I will do that Monday.
How did it go?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cd1523

Post by cd1523 »

Long time Lurker, first time poster. Timeline for me (Houston)

Application online: 09/24
Course: 09/25
Fingerprints: 09/27
Submitted all document online: 09/30 (I guess technically I am a Sept App but whats one day)

Impatiently waiting and checking the website daily...... :banghead: :confused5 :totap:

FIRST Update 10/9- Documents received, Prints done, Background complete- MFG PENDING
10/10- Manufacturing :woohoo 42 days from submission to manufacturing

I am assuming it should be mailed today and I will receive it by the end of the week.

I am honored to be apart of this brotherhood and "The Good Guys.. and girls" :thumbs2:

Murphyslawroadside
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Murphyslawroadside »

Ok well i recieved my plastic friday the first and skipped wallyworld for michaels and the grocery store for my first walk in public. Cant say there was anything different except figuring out the belly belt i bought wouldnt work well with my business. I own a roadside assisance company and later that day i found i really needed a better setup because after a 1.5 hr drive to change a tire on a cattle trailer my gun fell from the belly belt twice to my shirt as i leaned over.
Well that was fixed when we went to the gun show the nest day and found a much better belly belt from galcogunleather.com, its made with much better material and has two pockets for weapons made with leather and two magazine areas. Now the magazine holders if you wear the gun to the right and at your hip area allows for some protruding of the magazine in a regular shirt i found but with a button down shirt it is great.
I have been noticing the gun less and less as the days go by and feel much safer with it, the fiance should be getting hers tomorrow as hers was delayed since her disabled discount was denied and the dps had no idea how to re enter the info when she sent in the $70 check to cover the denied discount...The lady she spoke with last week went ahead and accepted the disaility and is refunding the money too.... :patriot:

cd1523

Post by cd1523 »

cd1523 wrote:Long time Lurker, first time poster. Timeline for me (Houston)

Application online: 09/24
Course: 09/25
Fingerprints: 09/27
Submitted all document online: 09/30 (I guess technically I am a Sept App but whats one day)

Impatiently waiting and checking the website daily...... :banghead: :confused5 :totap:

FIRST Update 10/9- Documents received, Prints done, Background complete- MFG PENDING
10/10- Manufacturing :woohoo 42 days from submission to manufacturing

I am assuming it should be mailed today and I will receive it by the end of the week.

I am honored to be apart of this brotherhood and "The Good Guys.. and girls" :thumbs2:

UPDATE: STATUS As of today 11/13- MAILED :anamatedbanana

rwilso
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rwilso »

Day 44 first update and now at the
"Background Check : Under review" status :txflag:

DPS received my packet Oct.3ed
NRA member

jake6956

Post by jake6956 »

Status update: MAILED!

I guess I'll have to free up my chair in the waiting room!

cd1523

Post by cd1523 »

jake6956 wrote:Status update: MAILED!

I guess I'll have to free up my chair in the waiting room!
Congratulations! :cheers2:

texsanlaura

Post by texsanlaura »

Application submitted online with ALL documentation: 10/16/2013

Status still has not changed from:" Application processed online. Concealed Handgun Licensing is waiting on the receipt of required materials. Once the application and materials have been received by Concealed Handgun Licensing and processing has begun, a more detailed status will appear on this page."

Is this normal? I am a dual citizen, so I did have to submit my certificate of citizenship...

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”