Urgent: XDs recall...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

NordicTexan
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Urgent: XDs recall...

Post by NordicTexan »

Ok, thats more like it. I will now wait ( probably impatiently) to get it back, but at least it looks like its coming back. :coolgleamA:
NRA,
Sons of the American Revolution
Go Vandy

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Excaliber »

I'm looking forward to seeing some arithmetic around how many guns they can fix and ship in a week. It's going to have to be a huge number to get our guns back to us in anything that could be considered a reasonable time frame.

Consider that a few weeks ago they told callers they had around 50,000 guns. At a rate of 1000 fixes a week (which is likely optimistic), it would take a year to clear the backlog, let alone the ones shipped since that time.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

ATDM
Posts in topic: 54

Post by ATDM »

Excaliber wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing some arithmetic around how many guns they can fix and ship in a week. It's going to have to be a huge number to get our guns back to us in anything that could be considered a reasonable time frame.

Consider that a few weeks ago they told callers they had around 50,000 guns. At a rate of 1000 fixes a week (which is likely optimistic), it would take a year to clear the backlog, let alone the ones shipped since that time.
I was told by SA a few weeks ago that they were set up to repair 500 guns per day... That is, unless the final solution requires more (or less) time to apply the fix than what was estimated originally.
I cling to my God — Jesus Christ.
I love my wife and kids.
I am proud to be an American and Texan.
And... I cling to my guns.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

ATDM wrote:
Excaliber wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing some arithmetic around how many guns they can fix and ship in a week. It's going to have to be a huge number to get our guns back to us in anything that could be considered a reasonable time frame.

I was told by SA a few weeks ago that they were set up to repair 500 guns per day... That is, unless the final solution requires more (or less) time to apply the fix than what was estimated originally.
That's a healthy number that works out to about 20 weeks (5 months) to clear the 50,000 gun backlog if they don't pause for holidays (which they almost certainly will).

Guns shipped later will take even longer unless they're able to ramp up the daily repair number significantly.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

ATDM
Posts in topic: 54

Post by ATDM »

Excaliber wrote:
That's a healthy number that works out to about 20 weeks (5 months) to clear the 50,000 gun backlog if they don't pause for holidays (which they almost certainly will).

Guns shipped later will take even longer unless they're able to ramp up the daily repair number significantly.
Denny Reese also stated that they are going to work in three shifts instead of the original two, so I honestly think that they will be ahead of the schedule. Also, the additional recall staff has been increased by 100 people instead of the original 25 they hired right after the recall. So, I am feeling optimistic.
I cling to my God — Jesus Christ.
I love my wife and kids.
I am proud to be an American and Texan.
And... I cling to my guns.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

ATDM wrote:
Excaliber wrote:

Denny Reese also stated that they are going to work in three shifts instead of the original two, so I honestly think that they will be ahead of the schedule. Also, the additional recall staff has been increased by 100 people instead of the original 25 they hired right after the recall. So, I am feeling optimistic.
This all sounds very hopeful, but hope isn't a plan.

Performance counts.

We'll soon see.
Excaliber

jmra
Posts in topic: 23

Post by jmra »

Guess I need to go ahead and send mine in.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 6

Post by krieghoff »

Well, looks like they will start returning pistols today!! That's according to their site. :patriot:
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

When upgrades are finished on individual firearms, customers will receive a shipping notice and tracking information at the e-mail address they provided for the XD-S™ recall. And as a token of our appreciation for our customers' patience and support, we will also be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

Just got an email that mine has been shipped and is on its way.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

sookandy wrote:Just got an email that mine has been shipped and is on its way
it would be interesting to know what day yours arrived to SA, so if they are doing first in, first out, those of us who may have had theirs arrive the same time, or at later times, we can see the trends and get excited (just like watching DPS website when we got our CHLS LOL)

Thank you
League City, TX

sookandy

Post by sookandy »

I think they got it about Sep 3rd. I had it on its way within a day or two of the recall notice.

MechAg94
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MechAg94 »

sookandy wrote:Just got an email that mine has been shipped and is on its way.
Please let us know if it shoots any different? Or the trigger is much different.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

sookandy wrote:I think they got it about Sep 3rd
Mine was also signed for on September 3, so if they are straight, then it should also be moving soon ---- HOPEFULLY!
League City, TX

ChillMickelson
Posts in topic: 5

Post by ChillMickelson »

I'm just not impressed with them calling the fatal flaw fix an "upgrade."

Bad PR
EDC: Springfield XDs .45 w/ Minotaur MTAC
NRA Member / TSRA Member
Phat Beats & Bassline Enthusiast
Family Man.