OWB holster for my Sig

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Re: OWB holster for my Sig

Post by Keith B »

nightmare69 wrote:Got the holster in today. It's nice but I don't see how I'm going to be able to get away carrying with it in the summer. I'm a skinny guy and I carry at 4 o clock and I have a nice bulge. Another issue is the barrel is right over my back pocket making retrieval of my wallet near impossible.

Without a jacket I think I will continue to use my IWB holster if I want to carry with just a t shirt. Any tips to be able to carry a OWB holster in the summer? I know that most of the public is not going to notice the bulge but its pretty big bulge and noticeable to me.
As I said in my post earlier, OWB is not going to be very concealable. The only way to help conceal is to wear a loose fitting shirt.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
nightmare69
Posts in topic: 10

Post by nightmare69 »

I got it more for fall and winter carry with a jacket. I think I'll wait till then to wear.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Rgallant
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rgallant »

That type of holster was what i was going to suggest for your body type. Pancake holsters usually minimize the bulge issue with thinner people (I am one such person). I always suggest for people to wear it around the house for a few days. Make sure to bend down and sit with it. As you go through the day, move it around until you find that sweet spot. Every holster/firearm combo is different and needs tweaking. You will never get rid of the printing, but dressing to carry will help big time. If you find that your carry position is obstructing your wallet, try it in the other back pocket or do as i have done and move it to your front pocket.
Finding the right holster is not always easy.
Rgallant
http://www.gallantgunleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RCP

Post by RCP »

I carry OWB daily and have for 10+ years, never a problem. I carry every firearm I own this way from a commander sized 1911, XDm .45, my XDs and my Sig 938 if I'm not carrying that in a pocket. For me it is far more comfortable than IWB, I do not wear loose shirts and from my many years of experience carrying this way the printing is not enough to be noticeable. Either that or people don't care, I certainly don't when it comes to printing. I may have the first couple years of carrying but as I became more comfortable and confident with it I stopped worrying about it.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

I just wear a larger shirt and I have no problem concealing OWB. In fact, my car recently broke down on the freeway. I was standing outside behind the car. Both a DPS officer and a sheriff deputy stopped to ask if I needed assistance. It wasn't even a tight OWB but a Blackhawk Serpa. The DPS officer stood about two feet in front of me as I explained my situation. If either noticed I was carrying they didn't say anything, and if they didn't notice I doubt Joe Public is going to notice.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

http://www.dmbullardleather.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best fit for my gun.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”