Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Re: State Fair

Post by Texsquatch »

anygunanywhere wrote:
drjoker wrote: "Why do you have to bring a gun to the fair?"
My response would be "Why are you wanding everybody?"

Anygunanywhere
Should have said because there's not enough real cops there.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

Jaguar wrote:I just want to say "thank you" to those who pushed the issue and set the security folks straight at the gates.

I haven't been to the State Fair in 25 years, but I do appreciate your work and hassle getting it right.

:txflag:
+1

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

After my incident in Lewsiville this past weekend, I've decided to have business cards printed with the Second Amendment. The next time someone asks me about my "need" for a gun, I'm going to give them one of those cards and ask them to point out the word need.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

chasfm11 wrote:After my incident in Lewsiville this past weekend, I've decided to have business cards printed with the Second Amendment. The next time someone asks me about my "need" for a gun, I'm going to give them one of those cards and ask them to point out the word need.
I missed your incident.. Have a link?

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

cb1000rider wrote:
chasfm11 wrote:After my incident in Lewsiville this past weekend, I've decided to have business cards printed with the Second Amendment. The next time someone asks me about my "need" for a gun, I'm going to give them one of those cards and ask them to point out the word need.
I missed your incident.. Have a link?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=69286
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Dragonfighter »

cb1000rider wrote:
Jaguar wrote:I just want to say "thank you" to those who pushed the issue and set the security folks straight at the gates.

I haven't been to the State Fair in 25 years, but I do appreciate your work and hassle getting it right.

:txflag:
+1
I can't speak for the others that have pushed the issue, but from my perspective it was immensely satisfying to see tangible results from our efforts; it was well worth the effort.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I've been going with my sisters to the State Fair for the past couple years. This year when I went the Security at the gate asked if I had any metal in my pockets. I had my CHL ready & said, "I sure do!" She said OK, walked me to the LEO who glanced at it & told me to have a good day. They didn't check the bags of my sisters or wand them.

Mel

Post by Mel »

Or another response would be to ask why anyone "needs" an SUV? Yet there are thousand of them on the highways killing people every day.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Wes

Post by Wes »

Well, this time we went in stage side and there was only one person wanding. She was busy so we walked right past her to the gate. Nothing else said about it.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ajwakeboarder »

My girlfriend and I went yesterday. I had no trouble getting through the gate. I asked to see a LEO or supervisor, the supervisor took me to a LEO who simply checked my CHL and told us to have fun. There were some interesting signs around the park. On the Big Tex museum there was a non compliant 30.05 sign which i ignored. However there was a red 51% sign on an outdoor vendor that made me stop and do a double take. I couldn't understand how they could post that in an open area like that. All in all it was a fun day and I got to test my new BUG and holster for carry.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

ajwakeboarder wrote:My girlfriend and I went yesterday. I had no trouble getting through the gate. I asked to see a LEO or supervisor, the supervisor took me to a LEO who simply checked my CHL and told us to have fun. There were some interesting signs around the park. On the Big Tex museum there was a non compliant 30.05 sign which i ignored. However there was a red 51% sign on an outdoor vendor that made me stop and do a double take. I couldn't understand how they could post that in an open area like that. All in all it was a fun day and I got to test my new BUG and holster for carry.
It is possible a specific area may be 51% if it is a beer garden, etc. It depends on how the license is applied for and the area designated by the vendor for alcohol sales.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Keith B wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:My girlfriend and I went yesterday. I had no trouble getting through the gate. I asked to see a LEO or supervisor, the supervisor took me to a LEO who simply checked my CHL and told us to have fun. There were some interesting signs around the park. On the Big Tex museum there was a non compliant 30.05 sign which i ignored. However there was a red 51% sign on an outdoor vendor that made me stop and do a double take. I couldn't understand how they could post that in an open area like that. All in all it was a fun day and I got to test my new BUG and holster for carry.
It is possible a specific area may be 51% if it is a beer garden, etc. It depends on how the license is applied for and the area designated by the vendor for alcohol sales.
I don't think so. It was a concessions stand in the middle of Midway just like all the other one's in the park.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

ajwakeboarder wrote:
Keith B wrote:
I don't think so. It was a concessions stand in the middle of Midway just like all the other one's in the park.
Could be that that one vendor is 51%. Do they have a seating area? If so, it may be off limits.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

The security guy for me just said "here let me save you some trouble." looked at my CHL and said have a nice day! I just shrugged and walked on in.
It was a far cry from last year's psycho lady who flipped out when I didn't let her grab my CHL out of my hand.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

knotquiteawake wrote:The security guy for me just said "here let me save you some trouble." looked at my CHL and said have a nice day! I just shrugged and walked on in.
It was a far cry from last year's psycho lady who flipped out when I didn't let her grab my CHL out of my hand.
Security guy? Not a LEO? I don't even think my dad has seen my CHL. Not that I wouldn't show it to him if he asked to see it, but I don't see a reason to show it to a complete stranger if they aren't at least a LEO or I'm buying a gun from them. Call me paranoid, but I don't think I would show it to one of the gate folks like you did.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”