September Apps

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 1

Re: September Apps

Post by Gunner4640 »

Its nice to see all the new member on here. Congrats to all :txflag: Welcome to the forum. :patriot: Carry safe. :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

pinnaclesw

Post by pinnaclesw »

I sent mine in on September 3rd, and the online update reads - "Background Check : Under review"

Why would it read that way? If I passed the background check with my fingerprinting, why more? Is it to check the gap between the date of the fingerprinting and the submission? Seems odd to me.

Thanks,

kvo45acp

Post by kvo45acp »

Here is the Status of my wife's progress.

Sept. 4th submitted application, affidavits and payment online.

Sept. 6th digital fingerprints done.

Sept. 7th CHL class (4 hour + range qualification)

Sept. 9th Mailed checklist with paperwork from CHL class to Austin/DPS.

Sept. 24th first update to DPS/CHL site = Manufacturing Pending!

:hurry:

Topic author
joder
Posts in topic: 6

Post by joder »

As others have said, I am very impressed with the DPS in the speed for which they processed the application.

On the other hand, I am unimpressed with the USPS, which is no surprise. Status went to mailed on Friday morning last week. Still no CHL in the mail as of today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a different story.

I would think first class mail from Austin to Houston would take a day or two - not four with delivery on the fifth (if it comes tomorrow).

Hopefully it wont be as bad as when the USPS lost my passport... I had a replacement passport sent via UPS and it arrived quickly. 2 months later my original passport magically showed up.

TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 48

Post by TrackinPat »

Saturday September 21st- started online application and attended course.

Tuesday September 24th- fingerprints and submitted all documents online.

Topic author
joder

Post by joder »

Got my physical card today!! Around 21 days from the time I sent the paperwork off. It would have been sooner as my status said mailed on the 20th, however, it wasn't postmarked until the 23rd (weekend slowed it down)

Aug 26th - Completed online forms and payment

Aug 29th - Fingerprinting done

Sept 1st - Completed the class

Sept 4th - Paperwork mailed in

Sept 19th - Online status changed to manufacture pending

Sept 20th - Marked as mailed

Sept 25th - Received in the mail

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

joder wrote:Got my physical card today!! Around 21 days from the time I sent the paperwork off. It would have been sooner as my status said mailed on the 20th, however, it wasn't postmarked until the 23rd (weekend slowed it down)

I did mine all online... I'm hoping it doesn't get lost in some giant email inbox. :confused5

kingpinGT
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kingpinGT »

Will be checking the mail today. I anticipate the plastic sometime this week

Online app processed - Sept. 1st
Fingerprints completed - Sept. 4th
Class completed - Sept. 8th
CHL-100 in the mail - Sept. 9th
Status updated to "manufacturing" - Sept. 21st
Status updated to "mailed" - Sept. 23rd

I'm really impressed at how efficient the process is, and the 4 hour class is a god send.

kingpinGT

Post by kingpinGT »

TrackinPat wrote:
joder wrote:Got my physical card today!! Around 21 days from the time I sent the paperwork off. It would have been sooner as my status said mailed on the 20th, however, it wasn't postmarked until the 23rd (weekend slowed it down)

I did mine all online... I'm hoping it doesn't get lost in some giant email inbox. :confused5
what do you mean online? don't you still have to submit barcode and CHL-100 via analog mail?

maxpower

Post by maxpower »

renewed online 9/1, received my new CHl in the mail today

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

kingpinGT wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:

what do you mean online? don't you still have to submit barcode and CHL-100 via analog mail?
I was told you could do it all online and on the barcode sheet it said "Email this sheet to RSD or by mail to...." so I took that as you could do it all online.. I am however skeptical because I have not really found anyone on here that has done it all online.

joshv53

Post by joshv53 »

Mailed mine and my wife's packet in on September 9th by certified mail

Mine was signed for Sept 12th and her's was signed for on the 13th (way to go usps)

My status updated this morning, the 25th, to manufacture pending

As of tonight my wife's status has not changed so I am hoping for it to be updated in the morning since it was received 1 day after mine

How long from manufacture pending until you receive the actual card does it normally take?

Topic author
joder

Post by joder »

TrackinPat wrote:
kingpinGT wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
I was told you could do it all online and on the barcode sheet it said "Email this sheet to RSD or by mail to...." so I took that as you could do it all online.. I am however skeptical because I have not really found anyone on here that has done it all online.
I have heard of other folks doing it online, however, I didn't have my fingerprints or class material done when filling out my app. Supposedly there is a place for attachments when doing the original app?

Others said that there was a contact form where you could attach stuff too.

I wouldn't worry too much as it took about 2 weeks after mailing my stuff in before I saw any status changes online.

TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

joder wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
kingpinGT wrote:
TrackinPat wrote:
I have heard of other folks doing it online, however, I didn't have my fingerprints or class material done when filling out my app. Supposedly there is a place for attachments when doing the original app?

Others said that there was a contact form where you could attach stuff too.

I wouldn't worry too much as it took about 2 weeks after mailing my stuff in before I saw any status changes online.
Yes, there is a spot under contact us if you select Concealed Handgun from the drop down, yeah I'm going to do my best not to pay attention to it and check only every few days instead of every 15 minutes like I have been. :mrgreen:

Blue Demon
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Blue Demon »

We received ours yesterday, mailed in on September 3rd, so 22 days from mailbox to mailbox, pretty damn fast IMO!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”