Black homeowner 1, BG 0

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Black homeowner 1, BG 0

Post by Beiruty »

Since color does not matter and now, liberals are crying foul about "black NRA", here you go: A black homeowner who defended his turf and shot a drug addict who was breaking in his house.

http://www.guns.com/2013/09/18/houston- ... ock-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

johncanfield

Re: Black homeowner 1, BG 0

Post by johncanfield »

Good for him! :thumbs2:
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

While perusing the story at the link, I spoted another good one:
A man who entered a pharmacy and demanded Ritalin and Dilaudid in Bellmont, New York, met his match Friday afternoon when the tire of his getaway car was taken out by an armed pharmacist

At first, the pharmacist handed over the drugs, but then followed the robber, who was later identified as Marc Gumpert, 43, outside. When Gumpert drew his knife and came towards him, the pharmacist then drew his revolver and fired a single shot at him.

According to a report by the Nassau County Police Department, the 34-year-old pharmacist, who has not been identified, missed the robber. The bullet ricocheted off the ground and hit the back tire of Gumpert’s 2011 Nissan Altima. He was still able to get a license plate number for the police.

A short time later, Gumpert’s car was spotted by a Nassau County Ambulance driver. He was arrested without incident and charged with first degree robbery and third degree criminal possession of a weapon, with his bail set at $250,000. The stolen pharmaceutical drugs were also recovered.

No one was injured during the incident, which also brought about support by some for concealed carry. Mary Nolan, a customer at the pharmacy, said, “He did the right thing. The pharmacist should be allowed to carry a gun.”
http://www.guns.com/2013/06/17/ny-pharm ... ugs-video/
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

:iagree:
johncanfield wrote:Good for him! :thumbs2:

Seventhsword

Post by Seventhsword »

Nice! :patriot:
Seventhsword
NRA Life Member, CHL

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Love this part.
Thompson was reported to not even be shaken up following the incident, as he said he feels like he had done the right thing.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Great job by the homeowner. I haven't heard of the "liberal black NRA" issue...seems like it would be a bit racist if different people formed different groups based on race alone...
III

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

rbwhatever1 wrote:Great job by the homeowner. I haven't heard of the "liberal black NRA" issue...seems like it would be a bit racist if different people formed different groups based on race alone...
Here's a link to 'black NRA' issue mentioned by the OP:

http://thegrio.com/2013/09/18/sarah-sil ... black-nra/

[youtube][/youtube]

And here is a GREAT response to it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Thanks for posting I never saw these. I like the follow up response, based on facts...
III

jmra

Post by jmra »

JALLEN wrote:While perusing the story at the link, I spoted another good one:
A man who entered a pharmacy and demanded Ritalin and Dilaudid in Bellmont, New York, met his match Friday afternoon when the tire of his getaway car was taken out by an armed pharmacist

At first, the pharmacist handed over the drugs, but then followed the robber, who was later identified as Marc Gumpert, 43, outside. When Gumpert drew his knife and came towards him, the pharmacist then drew his revolver and fired a single shot at him.

According to a report by the Nassau County Police Department, the 34-year-old pharmacist, who has not been identified, missed the robber. The bullet ricocheted off the ground and hit the back tire of Gumpert’s 2011 Nissan Altima. He was still able to get a license plate number for the police.

A short time later, Gumpert’s car was spotted by a Nassau County Ambulance driver. He was arrested without incident and charged with first degree robbery and third degree criminal possession of a weapon, with his bail set at $250,000. The stolen pharmaceutical drugs were also recovered.

No one was injured during the incident, which also brought about support by some for concealed carry. Mary Nolan, a customer at the pharmacy, said, “He did the right thing. The pharmacist should be allowed to carry a gun.”
http://www.guns.com/2013/06/17/ny-pharm ... ugs-video/
Nice bank shot to hit the tire. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

A mans' home is his castle IMO, even if he's purple....with yellow polka-dots.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”