Gander Mountain Mesquite

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Gander Mountain Mesquite

Post by C-dub »

rwponline wrote:
RAM4171 wrote:The article states that it's going in the former Circuit City. That's currently a college, they actually going into the former Roomstore. Just thought I'd clear that up for ya. :tiphat:
If I remember correctly, both sites used to be Circuit City. CC built in the original location (closer to the freeway), then built a new store directly across the street.
That's right! It was a Circuit City before the sporting goods store. I had forgotten about CC. They moved to the other side of the highway and are now a CompUSA, right?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

stroo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stroo »

The Lewisville store is going in the old Sportsman's Warehouse. That building has been empty ever since Sportman's closed. I used to spend a lot of money there since it is about 5 minutes from my house.

Pecos
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pecos »

SATX-Scrub -----I think there comming to San Antonio do you know when? I hope they are located in a easy access place. :thumbs2:
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

stroo wrote:The Lewisville store is going in the old Sportsman's Warehouse. That building has been empty ever since Sportman's closed. I used to spend a lot of money there since it is about 5 minutes from my house.
That's what it was. I bought most of my hiking equipment there about 10 years ago. I couldn't remember the name and kept coming up with Sports Authority, which I knew wasn't correct.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Warhorse545
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Warhorse545 »

One in Round Rock will go in where the old Sportsman's Warehouse used to stand. The Circuit City in the same center still remains vacant.

And Bass Pro Shops going to be arriving as well in Round Rock.

I think I need to cut up my credit cards now.
TSRA Life Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

C-dub wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Lewisville - This site is just across Hebron Parkway/FM3040 from the Academy store and the site of Lewisville Gun Shows.
It will be located in a big box store that went out of business. It's in the Target store's strip. It is currently being renovated.
This is not where the Lewisville gun shows were held. Those were up a little further where Best Buy used to be on the east side of the highway. The GM will be in the same strip mall as the Target you mentioned. I think the new GM store used to be another sporting goods store about 10 years ago and has been one or two other things since then.
Sir, I believe that my original description is correct. Academy and the site of the Lewisville Gun Shows (the old Best Buy)
are on one side of Hebron Parkway, while the new GM will be on the other side of Hebron Parkway.

I am fully aware that the new GM is not where the old Best Buy was (site of the Lewisville Gun Shows).

It's all good. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote:
C-dub wrote:
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Lewisville - This site is just across Hebron Parkway/FM3040 from the Academy store and the site of Lewisville Gun Shows.
It will be located in a big box store that went out of business. It's in the Target store's strip. It is currently being renovated.
This is not where the Lewisville gun shows were held. Those were up a little further where Best Buy used to be on the east side of the highway. The GM will be in the same strip mall as the Target you mentioned. I think the new GM store used to be another sporting goods store about 10 years ago and has been one or two other things since then.
Sir, I believe that my original description is correct. Academy and the site of the Lewisville Gun Shows (the old Best Buy)
are on one side of Hebron Parkway, while the new GM will be on the other side of Hebron Parkway.

I am fully aware that the new GM is not where the old Best Buy was (site of the Lewisville Gun Shows).

It's all good. :-)SIA
If you read it that way then yes it is. I read it wrong and thought you meant, well, you know. Sorry.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

C-dub:

All good my friend.

I once thought I was wrong....but I was mistaken. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

banshee

Post by banshee »

I will be there at both cities, pricing and selection will determine if I become a customer

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I noticed today the Mesquite store has their sign up.
Charlie

Twincannons

Post by Twincannons »

I talked to the manager last Tuesday they will have a soft opening sept. 3 and they are calling it a Firearm Superstore, he stated that if carry a brand name firearm they will have every firearm that company makes. I told him having firearms and guns in stock is one thing but ammo is another, he stated they will have ammo and not at a overpriced rate. He also said you can signup for email alerts and select that store as your home store and click ammo notification you will get a email stating when the truck is coming in and what type ammo it has on it. His words not mine so grain of salt and everything.

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

jmra wrote: A few years ago I was at a GM in Little Rock and watched the store manager take WWB ammo out of a Walmart bag and put it on the shelves. The price was double what Walmart prices it. Read on forums that others had seen the same in other states. Haven't stepped into a GM since.
Yeah, that's why I'm a loyal Academy's customer for life, man. The current ammo shortage has gotten a lot of retailers to show their true colors by price gouging;
Gander Mountain = FAIL (price gouger)
Cheaper Than Dirt = FAIL (that's some expensive dirt! price gouger)

Cabela's = DISORGANIZED
A crowd of people pushing and shoving in front of the store. Then, a mad rush of humanity running into the store racing each other in the morning for ammo. Dangerous and not good.

Walmart's = DON'T CARE
They sell all their stock to the first person in line and sometimes to the store employees so that the first person in line got nothing. Sometimes, the night manager opened the cage and sold all of the stock to someone in the middle of the night so that the first person in line the next morning got zip.

Gun Shows = FAIL
Almost all the stock is either overpriced reloads that may or may not have been reloaded correctly (might go BANG and blow off your hand) OR overpriced stock from Walmart (wallet raping prices) OR overpriced stock from someone's ancient basement stash that may or may not have been stored correctly (might not go bang)

Academy's = CLASS ACT
A crowd of people was told to stand in line in front [abbreviated profanity deleted] the store. Then, they had ammo in the front of the store stacked behind a store clerk who sold the ammo on a first come first served basis. Sales were rationed to prevent people from hoarding it and reselling it in Gander Mountain for wallet raping prices.

Dick's = FAIL (anti-2nd A)
They ration their stuff and don't price gouge. However, after the recent spate of crazy mass shootings (Sandy Hook), the Dick's cancelled all the raincheck orders of AR-15 rifles that they had made for some sale they had. I was told by some Dick's manager that they also don't sell handguns because handguns kill people, but rifles are used for hunting. Yeah, right....

If I need to get some ammo for a weekend shooting match, I'll show up before opening time at Academy's and stand in line as the first person in line. Then, after my purchase, I'll race down the street to another Academy's and be the last person in line to buy another ration of ammo. Academy's is open at 8am but Cabela's is open at 9AM, so then, I'll race accross town to buy another ration of ammo at Cabela's. That should get me 3 boxes of 50 rounds of ammo, which is just enough for a shooting match, if all three stores have stock. There's a father-daughter team that always does this, too. The guy brings his daughter along so that even if one of the stores didn't have the ammo he needs, he'll still have enough for the shooting match because his daughter can buy it for him. I always bring those two a McBreakfast so that they'll resell me an extra box of ammo so I don't have to go to Cabela's.

I scored a 1500 round bucket of ammo at Cabela's last week so I squeezed off over 400 rounds of ammo the next morning and taught myself how to shoot with my non-dominant hand. I also learned how to shoot accurately without aiming. I can now quick draw and shoot accurately from the hip with either hand. Anybody could learn to shoot like Wild Bill Hickok, but you'll need lots of ammo to do it....

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

Pecos wrote:SATX-Scrub -----I think there comming to San Antonio do you know when? I hope they are located in a easy access place. :thumbs2:
49,000 sq ft at Westover Marketplace, Texas 151 & 410. That is west side.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

jmorris wrote:
Pecos wrote:SATX-Scrub -----I think there comming to San Antonio do you know when? I hope they are located in a easy access place. :thumbs2:
49,000 sq ft at Westover Marketplace, Texas 151 & 410. That is west side.
AWESOME!!! I know where that's at, easy to get to for me. Thanks for the update!!!! :cheers2:
Is it open yet?
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

stroo

Post by stroo »

I drove by the Lewisville store earlier this week. They had the sign up and looked about ready to go, but had employment ads on the windows. Looks to me like they could open on Labor day but I haven't seen any announcements.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”