17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by texanjoker »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
texanjoker wrote:I waa just called thay the.jury found z npt.guilty..trying to verify it.
It's true.

They cheered where I was at.. Can't type on my phone. I was glad to see the verdict read to GZ. I hope people learn from it.

The judge looked like she was smiling when she polled the jury. :cheers2:

Z's brother really did good speaking to Piers Morgan.

I have issues with any civil rights violation. I disagreed when they did it for the LA cops and I would be opposed to it now.

I guess we shall wake up tomorrow and see if any truck driver's are pulled from their trucks..

It is time for all parties to move on.

I wonder if the defense fund is paid in full?

God Bless America. :patriot:

LabRat
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LabRat »

texanjoker wrote:
Zimmerman's lawyers will submit documents for the State of Florida to pay most (if not all) of their legal bills.
Malicious prosecution that it was.

I suspect that there will be hearings over the discovery process, the withholding of exculpatory evidence by the prosecution and the whistle-blower that was fired when he disclosed that Martin's phone GPS data was erased....er, ah..."lost". If Evidence tampering is found, it could get someone disbarred. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Skiprr »

LabRat wrote:I suspect that there will be hearings over the discovery process, the withholding of exculpatory evidence by the prosecution and the whistle-blower that was fired when he disclosed that Martin's phone GPS data was erased....er, ah..."lost". If Evidence tampering is found, it could get someone disbarred. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.
:iagree:

Though I imagine subsequent hearings and possible disbarment will be quiet and not reported by the mainstream media.

Walter Cronkite, I miss your honest journalism.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 104

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LabRat wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Zimmerman's lawyers will submit documents for the State of Florida to pay most (if not all) of their legal bills.
Malicious prosecution that it was.

I suspect that there will be hearings over the discovery process, the withholding of exculpatory evidence by the prosecution and the whistle-blower that was fired when he disclosed that Martin's phone GPS data was erased....er, ah..."lost". If Evidence tampering is found, it could get someone disbarred. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

LabRat
Mark O'Mara said last night that he will be pursuing sanctions against the prosecution for their blatant disregard of discovery rules, which will also end up costing the state much more because of the hundreds of hours he had to expend just trying to get evidence at discovery that the prosecution should have just handed over without question.

NOTE TO NAACP: Self defense IS a civil right.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

suthdj
Posts in topic: 13

Post by suthdj »

and of course the riots id Cali4nia, generally mild.

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-zimmer ... 55459.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman- ... 35167.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

suthdj wrote:and of course the riots id Cali4nia, generally mild.

http://news.yahoo.com/protesters-zimmer ... 55459.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://news.yahoo.com/george-zimmerman- ... 35167.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My first task BEFORE coffee was to turn on the news... very mild...I would bet IF there is going to be more unrest it will be later today after tempers flare, alcohol flows and the media talks for hours about the racial divide.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 13

Post by suthdj »

texanjoker wrote:
suthdj wrote:and of course the riots id Cali4nia, generally mild.

My first task BEFORE coffee was to turn on the news... very mild...I would bet IF there is going to be more unrest it will be later today after tempers flare, alcohol flows and the media talks for hours about the racial divide.
I wonder how many of them followed the trail even a little. I believe even if he was found guilty there would be celebratory riots. It is just another excuse to cause mayhem.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Wow a lady talking on HLN is ashamed to be white today. She believes GZ should have shot Martin in the arm or leg instead of killing him. I guess the media really wants this to escalate so they have more to report. Shameful.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 78

Post by Beiruty »

Let me ask, trial is over and the jury are free to see all the photos and the videos of TM:
The fights,
The handgun,
and weeds
and flashing green bills like a a drug dealer....

Would the the jury be shocked?! :totap:

I start being annoyed by the lady on the HLN that she is so angry. I would say, assume the GZ was black person armed and shot and killed the head-shaved white angry man who jumped him and start pounding him. Would you be so angry for the killed man?
Also, tonight, can you sit down and tell young black men, that you should not assault others and mount and pound others' head to the ground?!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 20

Post by puma guy »

LabRat wrote: I suspect that there will be hearings over the discovery process, the withholding of exculpatory evidence by the prosecution and the whistle-blower that was fired when he disclosed that Martin's phone GPS data was erased....er, ah..."lost". If Evidence tampering is found, it could get someone disbarred. Hopefully it will be sooner than later.

LabRat
It worked for Las Vegas Metro and Costco
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Jaguar »

Unfortunately for the jurors, the media is already circling like sharks with blood in the water. They want names released, the defense wants to put off the release of their names for six months to allow things to cool off, which seems reasonable. "Judge" Nelson gets to decide.

If my wife were on the jury, we'd be in hiding - heavily armed.

Link - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-will-geo ... 2600.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

If they release the jurors names, and my wife was a juror, there would be a sign on our lawn. Media are not welcome here. Anyone crossing our property line without our permission will be subject to arrest. We are armed and prepared to defend ourselves against anyone who attempts to enter our house.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 128

Post by ScooterSissy »

Jaguar wrote:Unfortunately for the jurors, the media is already circling like sharks with blood in the water. They want names released, the defense wants to put off the release of their names for six months to allow things to cool off, which seems reasonable. "Judge" Nelson gets to decide.

If my wife were on the jury, we'd be in hiding - heavily armed.

Link - http://www.sun-sentinel.com/os-will-geo ... 2600.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Of course they need to release the names of the jurors. Otherwise, how will the sweet angels be able to dispense "justice" for Trayvon?

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

baldeagle wrote:If they release the jurors names, and my wife was a juror, there would be a sign on our lawn. Media are not welcome here. Anyone crossing our property line without our permission will be subject to arrest. We are armed and prepared to defend ourselves against anyone who attempts to enter our house.
I would not want my name released if I was on that panel but then the public and media will claim they have the right to know.

cdc101
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cdc101 »

I was the foreman on a murder trial last year in Brazoria county where we convicted the defendant of 2nd degree murder. Once the verdict was read, the judge polled the jury and asked a few questions as well. Instead of using our juror numbers, he referred to us by our names, and asked additional questions to me by saying my name at Lear 3 times.

The murderers family and friends were there and every single one of them now know my name. Needless to say I was quite uncomfortable.

I could not even begin to imagine how these ladies on the GZ JURY must be feeling now.
Chris
US Army Cavalry Scout: 1992 - 1997

Return to “Off-Topic”