Dallas Fort Worth Area this weekend

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
John R. Fuller
Posts in topic: 1

Dallas Fort Worth Area this weekend

Post by John R. Fuller »

I will be at a family reunion this weekend. One of the places I will visit with my family will be Six Flags. Is carry there legal? I am thinking that it is not.

Are there any other pecuiliarities to this area while under arms with CHL? I may visit a museum or two in the process. Thank You
John R. Fuller
I am not the first or the last...

frankie_the_yankee
Banned

Post by frankie_the_yankee »

Amusement parks are specified in the law as being off limits. For something to be classified as an amusement park, it has to have a certain minimum acreage and be a permanent facility (i.e. not a travelling carnival).

Six Flags certainly qualifies as an off limits location.
Ahm jus' a Southern boy trapped in a Yankee's body

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

Just for accuracy, Six Flags, and any amusement park, must be posted to be off limits. The ban on amusement parks has been modified to require you be given 30.06 notice.

But, Six Flags corporation is so anti-gun, they tried to stop off duty officers from carrying in the parks about 10 years ago. I am fairly sure they are properly posted but I can't swear to it. I stopped being willing to pay their prices a long time ago too.
Steve Rothstein

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

They are most definitely posted. Its one of the biggest 30.06 signs you'll ever see.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Will938

Post by Will938 »

I was at six flags a couple days ago, they had metal detectors at the enterance. But they did have a place to check contraban in.

I only had a pocket knife on me, which I almost made it through with, but I ended up checking it at the little hut about 50' before the metal detectors on the right. I asked if they checked pistols, and while the lady seemed out of it she said yes. I asked if she had any just to be sure she understood, she said "several, we just keep them in another location" and pointed at the area.

That said I would NOT check my gun there, who knows who might steal it...and she also tried to give me the wrong knife when I was checking out.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Will938 wrote:That said I would NOT check my gun there, who knows who might steal it...and she also tried to give me the wrong knife when I was checking out.
Sounds like you need to get a $1.99 junk folder from a gas station and a worn-out Makarov, and go back for another spin at the Wheel Of Weaponry.

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

KD5NRH wrote:Sounds like you need to get a $1.99 junk folder from a gas station and a worn-out Makarov, and go back for another spin at the Wheel Of Weaponry.
I LIKE that! That could possibly make up for the exorbitant price of admission!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

chewy555

Post by chewy555 »

When I worked as a security officer at Six Flags in San Antonio they did not even like for off duty police officers to carry in the park. They would let them but only after they signed a form in the security office. But they really wanted the officer to lock his weapon in the security office while at the park.
They also did not hold weapons for the public. If you were found with a weapon the police was called, but at the time they did not have to have the 30.06 sign up, I belive.
About the metal detectors, They use it to try to make sure that no weapons, knife included, do not get into the park. Is it legal, that I sometimes wonder?
I have not been back to the park since I stoped working there. They want to much money.
H&K USP 45
Taurus Tracker .357
Taurus 1911

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

chewy555 wrote:They want to much money.
Well, Warner Brothers has to make a profit somehow! :roll:

I lost interest in the place when they switched to cookie-cutter rides with WB brandings all over them. It's probably been 10 years since I've been there.

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

KD5NRH wrote:Sounds like you need to get a $1.99 junk folder from a gas station and a worn-out Makarov, and go back for another spin at the Wheel Of Weaponry.
genius!

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”