ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 9

Re: ammo on sale

Post by SQLGeek »

Academy in Rosenberg put out a bunch of ammo on the shelf a couple of hours before I went to visit. Managed to snap up 2 100 boxes of 9mm WWB for 26.99 a piece. My wife bought the last box. Lots of .223 on the shelf though. Things are looking up albeit slowly.

I might be able to do some shooting this week.
Psalm 91:2

oohrah
Posts in topic: 1

Post by oohrah »

Finally able to find some .38 S&W at the Houston gun show today. Pricey tho.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Federal 9mm 115gr JHP at WM Wichita Falls $17.97, 3 box limit.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tbrown »

I switched to ordering online. It comes when it comes and I don't have to set foot in Walmart. :anamatedbanana
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

I've been trying to find some .22 CB ammo and finally found so CCI 100 round CB Longs at Carter's Country Pasadena. I bought 3 @ $10/bx. I also saw a pretty good supply of metallic cartridge primers (CCI and Winchester) all sizes, but I didn't notice if their were and mags. Academy Pasadena still had some 32 SW Long semi-wadcutter loads on the shelf and quite a few boxes of Federal .44 Mag A-frame HP which I've never seen before. They have a slash on one side of the bullet. I assume it's to turn the bullet's path. A few boxes of .38 P+ also.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

I don't know if primers are still in short supply, but I was at Carters Country Pasadena again today and they were stocking the shelves with more primers, including small and large magnum pistol. Lady said the were $4.59. I have no idea if that's a good price or not. Also still had some CCI CB long as well as some LR and LRHP that just arrived. Quite a bit of 9mm as well.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

CCI has a rebate for a free (pay about 4 bucks for shipping) Champion Double reaction spinner target with the purchase of two boxes of any rimfire ammo. They're about 25-30 dollars on the internet. Here's the CCI site link and the pdf rebate form link. I just found it and the purchase deadline is by 6/30.

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/downloads ... on_FNL.pdf

http://www.cci-ammunition.com/whatsnew/promotions.aspx

Natchez SS also has some CCI
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... =bckrdAlrt

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

puma guy wrote:Natchez SS also has some CCI
Ya got me excited!

Unfortunately, the link is to .22 CB Short ammo, not LR. Natchez has no .22 LR in stock in any brand. Good thing I still have a little left. You'd think .22 would loosen up before larger calibers, but it's still choked in the marketplace.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Skiprr wrote:
Ya got me excited!

Unfortunately, the link is to .22 CB Short ammo, not LR. Natchez has no .22 LR in stock in any brand. Good thing I still have a little left. You'd think .22 would loosen up before larger calibers, but it's still choked in the marketplace.
I didn't notice it was for CB. I asked them to notify me of LR. :headscratch

Capt Jeff
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Capt Jeff »

May not do a whole lot of good now, but Pasadena WM had a good supply of Winchester SuperX .22 LR on the shelf a couple days ago. 50 round boxes for 3.97. Must have been about 50 boxes there. First time I've seen that quantity on a shelf in quite a while.
NRA Life (Patronage) Member

US Merchant Marine - The Fourth Arm of Defense

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E.Marquez »

I don't normally even consider Ammo purchases at pawn shops... But was in Action Pawn in Killeen today killing time at lunch (and looking for a used 930 SPX) and they had just put out a shipment of MAGTECH .45cal 230 grain FMJ going for $25.99 a box.
Not great, but not price gouge either range either.

No limit it seems as they let me buy 10 boxes.

Had another 30 or so out, no idea what they have in the back.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Hello moderator I hope you read this! How about separate links by area for AMMO TRADING / SELLING for guys & gals helping each other out? The only pistol ammo I buy is 230 gr 45 ACP and 38 rounds for plinking and I refuse to pay inflated prices. I ran across a few boxes of Winchester 380, 40 & 45 hollow points at Wal-Mart in Decatur on Sunday and would have gladly bought it and resold it at the receipt price to anyone in my area that wanted it. Can't go wrong with Wal-Mart prices...no markup just straight receipt prices to help each other out since these posts are often hundreds of miles away and the ammo is gone in an hour....if this is already up & running please point me to the right link!

Cheers
III

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Stopped by Academy Beltway 8 and Crenshaw about 4PM and the counter top was full of ammo. Had lots of .40 SW, quite a bit of 9mm , some .223 and a LOT of Federal .22 LR HP @ $2.19. Maybe 30 boxes of Remington .22. Back in the Guns, Hunting and Fishing area there were lots of .38 Spcl, Some .38 Spcl P+ and a couple of boxes of .357 defense ammo. Clerk said it arrived just a while before I got there. They still have the one box per caliber limit :grumble :grumble

Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Scott in Houston »

puma guy wrote:Stopped by Academy Beltway 8 and Crenshaw about 4PM and the counter top was full of ammo. Had lots of .40 SW, quite a bit of 9mm , some .223 and a LOT of Federal .22 LR HP @ $2.19. Maybe 30 boxes of Remington .22. Back in the Guns, Hunting and Fishing area there were lots of .38 Spcl, Some .38 Spcl P+ and a couple of boxes of .357 defense ammo. Clerk said it arrived just a while before I got there. They still have the one box per caliber limit :grumble :grumble
Academy on I-10 near Bunker Hill had plenty too, but wow, the prices have gone way up. The .223 was $0.51/round!
The same ammo was $0.35/round before the madness. Ugh... :cryin

Because it seems to be coming back, and I have a lot of ammo already, I didn't buy anything.

JRG
Posts in topic: 25

Post by JRG »

puma guy wrote:
Skiprr wrote:
Ya got me excited!

I didn't notice it was for CB. I asked them to notify me of LR. :headscratch
Ummm.........I don't shoot 22 but, and I'm showing that here, what is the abbreviation CB stand for??

Joe

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”