Never again tell anyone that you carry.....

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

TxBlonde
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TxBlonde »

This time I would have to agree with Txinvestigator on this one.

remember that they can Write the licensing board and ask i fyou have a CHL. And if someone does that and finds out I carry does that mean I failed to conceal...NOPE... I actually I think Not.

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 6

Post by txinvestigator »

TxBlonde wrote:This time I would have to agree with Txinvestigator on this one.
THIS time? :waiting: :anamatedbanana
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Amy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Amy »

I never told anyone I was carrying who wasn't also carrying, and this was because of something that happened where I worked back a couple years ago. I had a very nasty enemy at work, who, when she learned that I did in fact *own* guns, went to the director there at the university and told him a very tall tale about all my co-workers being afraid of me because I own guns!

I was called into the director's office, and Ben told me what was going on. I told him, "Ben, about a third of Americans own guns, and if we are all going to be afraid of them for that reason alone we'd best start digging our bunkers right now."

I asked him who it was who told him all this, and he wouldn' say, so I said, "well, seems Carol will never stop trying to make trouble for me," and he just smiled.

Afterwards I went to my co-workers to ask them about all this, and they were quite surprised to learn that I owned guns.....

So gang, there are nasty people out there who will do their best to use your guns against you socially and politically. Mum's the word.

Amy
Amy Lewis
PGB Superior Cast Bullets
Ranger, Texas
(254) 433-9073

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Crossfire »

txinvestigator wrote:
TxBlonde wrote:This time I would have to agree with Txinvestigator on this one.
THIS time? :waiting: :anamatedbanana
Hey, nobody wins 'em all!
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

killerquad
Posts in topic: 4

Post by killerquad »

OK OK, I should have been a little more specific. Of course there will be people who will know that you are carrying, such as your wife and close friends, and shooting buddies. I do not believe that you should tell your coworkers, or if someone sees a bulge on your hip and ask what it is and you reply....It's a gun.

I did say it was the way I see things and I never stated that it was the law or that you would be in violation of any law. You are trying to correct me on my view of things. :razz:

But I do appriciate the points you made so now I clearly know what the LAW is.

edited- I need to learn how to spell. :roll:
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

killerquad wrote:. I do not believe that you should tell your coworkers, or if someone sees a bulge on your hip and ask what it is and you reply....It's a gun.
Agree 100%
I did say it was the way I see things and I never stated that it was the law or that you would be in violation of any law. You are trying to correct me on my view of things. :razz:
Actually you wrote The way I see things is that if anyone knows youre carrying, wether you tell them or not, counts as failure to conceal

anyone reading that would believe that your statement was that you see it as being not legal to tell another you are armed.

I see now that you did not mean that literally. :lol:
*CHL Instructor*

killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Yeah I have a problem with writing what I intend to write and what actually gets written. Can I use the "must be because I am a man" excuse? :lol:
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

killerquad wrote:Yeah I have a problem with writing what I intend to write and what actually gets written. Can I use the "must be because I am a man" excuse? :lol:
Thats my favorite excuse for my wife.
*CHL Instructor*

kw5kw

Post by kw5kw »

This is one of those things that will always follow in the "Situational Context" of the moment, event, situation or other circumstance in which the subject is brought up.

There is NO one correct answer that will fit every situation, not one.

Sometimes it will be ok,
sometimes it's not.

Kinkda like "Mounds" and "Almond Joy": "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't!"

:party:

Russ
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

killerquad

Post by killerquad »

I always feel like a nut. :cool:

P.S. not THAT kind :mad:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 5

Post by stevie_d_64 »

txinvestigator wrote:
killerquad wrote:Yeah I have a problem with writing what I intend to write and what actually gets written. Can I use the "must be because I am a man" excuse? :lol:
Thats my favorite excuse for my wife.
My wife is glad that there is no doubt...No that there ever was...

But never............evah, evah, evah...Doubt her...

Good thing I make her happy...It's just natural I suppose... :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Glockdude1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Glockdude1 »

nitrogen wrote: The boss asks me, "Can you bring your gun in in case he comes back to start something?"
"Sorry, I can't legally. Don't have my CHL."
My Reply would have been: "No, the first rule of a gun fight is to find cover and use it. I am standing behind you boss!!!"

:grin:
Glockdude1..........................
"If War is HELL, Take a better Pitchfork than the DEVIL!!!"

catsofthebase3

Post by catsofthebase3 »

I've dealt with anti gun liberals before, mostly my family. It has taught me how to conceal properly. A few of my basic controls.

1.don't care what the situation is, I always, always, always check my weapon before it leaves the house, hits the safe, goes into a drawer.

2. I've memorized most of the Gun laws, including places where CHL's are prohibited. If I am ever given "the business" in a place from some anti gun bigot, I will calmly explain the laws, or leave if the owner wishes me to. If they try and disarm/detain me without, and have not shown me a badge, then they can explain why they did it in civil court.

ForbidInjustice

Post by ForbidInjustice »

Roger that. My family knows, and it took quite a bit of convincing and 20/20 specials on gun control.. before my mother and sister finally felt comfortable about me carrying. I took it as an insult when she discouraged my carrying, because it felt like she thought I didn't have the ability to make sound judgments and responsibility to stay within the law.

I don't really tell anyone I have a CHL because of that same reason. "AHH he has a gun!" is the first reaction from most people who don't exercise their second amendment rights themselves. The only people who know are the officers I keep contact with from the local police department, the officers I work with [some of which have a CHL as well], and my close friends and family. They call it a 'concealed' handgun for a reason, so my CHL holder status I feel should also be concealed from general knowledge.
- Dre
- Fort Hood, Texas
- http://www.dhs.gov

Where two discourse, if the one's anger rise, the man who lets the contest fall is wise.

Will938

Post by Will938 »

I told a friend who is also a CHL holder, I went up to visit her the other week and we went to her cousin's house. She then went about announcing that I was carrying (in a very official and loud manner) to her cousin, who happens to be ultra liberal.

Not a comfortable situation.

Return to “Never Again!!”