Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ldj1002
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are you from Texas ?

Post by ldj1002 »

Postby nightmare69 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 pm
Yes

Are you asking about Texas citizens using the loop hole and getting a out of state Chl cause its cheaper and quicker?

????????

2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Topic author
chuck j
Posts in topic: 11

Post by chuck j »

No , there is no hidden agenda , just asking who is from Texas . Also a chance to talk about where you live or where you are from . Just a casual topic .

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

I was from Texas and then I came back. I might have to leave again if the anti-gun wing of the Texas Republican Party retains power in the next election.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

No :oops: , but I didn't really have any say in the matter. My daughter is Texan!

Some other really great responses from everyone.

Memphis bbq, oh no you didn't! KC has or used to have the best with Texas either on top now or a close second in the past. :biggrinjester:
Upstate NY - I have lived there and it is beautiful and nothing like The City.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CenTex

Post by CenTex »

chuck j wrote:RottenApple a lot of my people are from around Duncan .
As am I... Born in Stevens County on 1 Feb 1936, brought to Texas in January 1940 just before my 4th birthday and have been here ever since except for four Navy years.

Whenever I get into Texas heritage discussions, I point out that while I was not born here I have been here longer than you.

I married a fifth or sixth generation Texian so that the kids and grand kids would not be embarrassed... :txflag:
CenTex
near Belton
NRA Benefactor, GOA, SAF & TSRA Life

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by krieghoff »

I first saw the light of day in Live Oak county in 1946. My Ancestors were here prior to Santa Anna's march through Texas and they fought in all three battles. Some made it and some did not. :txflag:
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

That's a very interesting family history krieghoff , I'd like to hear more . I always enjoyed swapping family history stories .

krieghoff
Posts in topic: 2

Post by krieghoff »

chuck j wrote:That's a very interesting family history krieghoff , I'd like to hear more . I always enjoyed swapping family history stories .
Our family does have a long history here in Texas chuck J. All well documented on fact and passed down through the generations. Several of my cousins along with my lil sister are the "authorities" in the family when it comes to this sort of thing. They maintain all the books etc regarding that past. We are all proud of our family history and the small part our ancestors played in this State.
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Topic author
chuck j

Post by chuck j »

I understand , my great grandfather settled a ranch north of Austin in the 1850's . Lot's of oral history from my dad's side of the family . My mother's people moved to Texas after the civil war , they had been fairly well off before the war . All their livestock was confiscated and they had little left , they walked to Texas carrying what they could and pushing wheelbarrows . They settled in Wolf City .

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

I was born and raised in California. Texas is my adopted home. :txflag:
Psalm 91:2

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I was born in Beirut, Lebanon. Lived there till I was 26.
Moved to Montreal, Canada and lived there for 5 yrs and became a Royal Citizen.
Moved to Nashua, NH and lived there for 5 yrs and became a Live free or die Citizen.
Moved to Collin County, Texas and lived here for last 8 yrs and became a carry your gun Citizen.

Does anyone see a progression of "Seek Freedom"?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gordyt wrote:
Wodathunkit wrote:I'm a native Houstonian as well. Three on one blog post :hurry:
Make that four on one blog post!

Another one born into the great sauna that is Houston. :anamatedbanana

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I am a native Texican. Visiting the Alamo, San Jacinto, and other shrines always brings a tear to my eye. I mark my Outlook Calendar with the significant days marking events like the date of Fannin's letter, Fall of the Alamo, etc and remind my co-workers of the events lest they forget.

My Dad was Canadian from Nova Scotia. He was here illegally and had to turn himself in to Immigration when I joined the Navy and the goobermint started my background investigation for my security clearance. A beauty, eh?

Mom was from Arkansas. She descends from a long line of horse thieves. Sooooooeeee.

American by birth.

Texican by the Grace of God.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

New Mexico birth certificate, but I consider myself a Native Texan. My ancestors (both Dad's and Mom's side) immigrated to Texas from Germany in the 1800s. Everyone subsequent was born in Texas. My parents lived in the small community of Progress, outside of Muleshoe in the Texas Panhandle. There wasn't an obstetrician in Muleshoe - the closest was in Clovis, NM - about 20 miles away. That's where they went when it was time for me to show up. So I spent the first 3 or 4 days of my life in New Mexico. I've lived and worked in Texas all my life, other than the 8 years I spent in the USAF.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Xian55

Post by Xian55 »

born in OK, have lived in Houston ever since.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”