.356 9MM?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rthillusa
Posts in topic: 1

.356 9MM?

Post by rthillusa »

Somehow I ended up with a box of Berry's plated bullets marked as 9mm .356. All the other 9mm bullets I've accumulated (Ranier and Hornady) are .355

Pretty much all the reloading material I have shows 9mm as .355 - except one entry for cast lead bullets that shows .356. The general, but not unanimous, consensus on other web forums seems to be that for all practical purposes .355 and .356 are interchangeable.

I'd be running these through a nearly new Beretta 92A1. Does anybody see a problem with that? I'd had hate to wreck a barrel for $30 worth of bullets. (If bullets weren't so hard to come by these days I would just chunk them)

Thanks,
Last edited by rthillusa on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoJo

Re: .356 9MM?

Post by MoJo »

Use the bullets. .001" is not going to hurt anything. The Berry's bullets are soft lead with a thin coat of copper they are not as hard as a regular jacketed bullet.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Jumping Frog

Re: .356 9MM?

Post by Jumping Frog »

Berry's makes reputable bullets. They recommend using hard-cast bullet load data or start with mid-range jacketed data.

I wouldn't worry for a millisecond about using their .356 bullets.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “Reloading Forum”