ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

armanius
Posts in topic: 9

Re: ammo on sale

Post by armanius »

SQLGeek wrote:I paid $89 for that same box back in December. :cryin

At least it is becoming available again. I checked ammobot for the first time in a few weeks and was surprised to see what was available.
Yes, the good ol' times. I didn't buy any of the ammo. Still overpriced for my taste, especially the 380.
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

puma guy
Posts in topic: 54

Post by puma guy »

8:30 PM - Academy Crenshaw and BW8 in Pasadena has .32 SW Long in semi-wadcutter load, .32 SW short in RN, some .32 ACP in a soft nose (polymer) tipped load and some .32 Colt Short. Also some .32 H&R mag. I know these aren't highly sought after rounds, but for you guys that need them you know how hard they are to find. They had some .38 SPCL defensive loads, too.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 61
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Date and time of sighting: Tuesday, 6/18/13, 145 PM.

Location of ammo: Walmart, West Main St/FM 1171, Lewisville, Denton County.

AMMO AVAILABLE:

.40 S & W, WWB, 1 box, Value Pack of 100 rounds, FMJ.

.40 S & W, 165 grain, Winchester PDX1 Self Defense, JHP, 10 boxes of 20 rounds each.

.45 ACP, FMJ, Tul Ammo (the Russian brand in the black box with red and yellow printing),
about 5 boxes of 50 rounds each.

No other handgun ammo (9MM, .40, .45) was available. Or anything from .22 up to .38 Special.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 5

Post by nightmare69 »

Ive been checking the walmart app for weeks looking for 9mm. Its says either out of stock or inventory not available. Do they still sell Winchester white box 9mm? Can't find it on the list.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

probation_officer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by probation_officer »

nightmare69 wrote:Ive been checking the walmart app for weeks looking for 9mm. Its says either out of stock or inventory not available. Do they still sell Winchester white box 9mm? Can't find it on the list.
I haven't seen WW box 9mm in months. At Wal-Mart in Nac and Center I have found 9mm in Federal 50 pack and 100 pack. Also, PPU 9mm 50 pack. I have seen WW box 40 CAl 50 pack and 45 CAl 50 pack and 100 pack. After I scored the PPU 9mm, I tried to add it to the APP list but it was not on there but obviously they sell it. Also after buying some UMC 380, I was also unable to find it on the list.

For about a 2 week period it seemed to be looking up and I was able to use the APP for myself and co workers to score a good supply. But here in the last two weeks pretty much "out of stock" on my list ammo. And this includes all 6 Wal-Marts that show up on my list: Nac, Lufkin, Center, Henderson, Carthage, and Jacksonville.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Same here. The last time I bought 9mm at Wally World was back in January. Really want to go shoot my carry gun but I only have 200rds and no way to replace it. I'll keep looking though
5/20-Plastic in hand.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Academy has a drum filled with 12,500rds of .556 for $6,500 in stock....any takers?
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Beiruty »

nightmare69 wrote:Academy has a drum filled with 12,500rds of .556 for $6,500 in stock....any takers?
At this number of rd, I would expect to pay 20 cents per rd or less, or $2,500.00 for 12500 rds.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Yeah it really high for that much ammo. I'm sure it would last you awhile though.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dirthawking »

probation_officer wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
For about a 2 week period it seemed to be looking up and I was able to use the APP for myself and co workers to score a good supply. But here in the last two weeks pretty much "out of stock" on my list ammo. And this includes all 6 Wal-Marts that show up on my list: Nac, Lufkin, Center, Henderson, Carthage, and Jacksonville.

Walmart shut down this portion of their application and their website. Neither show ammo stock anymore. They got way to many complaints of people showing up at stores demanding for the store managers to find the ammo the application/website said they had in stock.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Dirthawking wrote:

Walmart shut down this portion of their application and their website. Neither show ammo stock anymore. They got way to many complaints of people showing up at stores demanding for the store managers to find the ammo the application/website said they had in stock.
You got any links to prove this? Its not shut down just shows out of stock all the time.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

Dirthawking
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dirthawking »

nightmare69 wrote:
Dirthawking wrote:

You got any links to prove this? Its not shut down just shows out of stock all the time.
I stood in front of my local Walmart ammo case and bounced the application and website against the ammo I could see in front of me. All showed out of stock on both, yet there it was. I asked about it, that is what I was told.
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

probation_officer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by probation_officer »

Dirthawking wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:
Dirthawking wrote:

I stood in front of my local Walmart ammo case and bounced the application and website against the ammo I could see in front of me. All showed out of stock on both, yet there it was. I asked about it, that is what I was told.
Makes sense, a coworker said he got some WW box at Wal-Mart yesterday and the App showed "out of stock" all day. I worked at a grocery store in college stocking and can imagine how annoying it would be for someone to demand something that was in the back that had not been put out yet. Fortunately we didn't have have this technology when I worked stocking so when someone would ask "to check in the back" we would usually just wander around in the back for a few minutes and come back and say "nope sorry." With technology today they can call you on it...

igotta40
Posts in topic: 2

Post by igotta40 »

Walmart Pasadena- BY 8 @ Fairmont Pkwy has lots of .22lr Winchester Super X hollow pt. They will only sell 50 rd boxes limit 3 but there is plenty of it. :anamatedbanana

ktulu61
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ktulu61 »

Academy at 1604 & NW Military had a ton in stock this morning. I stopped by about 15 minutes before they opened just to see how many people were there. To my surprise it was only about 10, as opposed to the 40+ that I have seen waiting. Still only one box per caliber but got 100ct 9mm, 50ct .380 and even some .22 for my Pa!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”