Good Holster Assortment In Houston?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Cesar31910
Posts in topic: 1

Good Holster Assortment In Houston?

Post by Cesar31910 »

Anyone know of a place that has a good selection of holsters in Houston. Preferably GLOCK holsters. :headscratch
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.

-Ted Nugent

cbunt1

Re: Good Holster Assortment In Houston?

Post by cbunt1 »

Collector's Firearms on RIchmond & Fondren has a pretty good selection of the various Galco offerings, most of the more popular Comp-Tac equipment, and a decent selection of semi-custom stuff.

Top Gun on Berry Hill (I think -- it's just off of Fountain View just behind the no-tell-motel) carries a decent subset of the Mitch Rosen Express line.

Last time I was up there, Shooter's Station and Thunder Gun Range, both in Conroe, carry a decent selection of the Tauga (Spelling?) line.

The various Gander Mountain stores used to carry a decent selection of the Uncle Mike's gear. I'm not overly impressed with much of their line for EDC, but some of it isn't bad--their ankle rig, for example is pretty good for your j-frame or small auto.

The Arms Room in League CIty has a good selection of Galco's auto-pistol lines, but darn little for wheel guns.

Spectre Firearms in NWH (Spring Cypress, north of 249, if memory serves) had a decent selection of CompTac and even some CrossBreed rigs on the shelves last time I was in (Crossbreed is almost NEVER seen in the wild)

AMSS at Jones and 1960 area has a good selection of holsters on inventory, but they do have a tendency to sell out and restock frequently--they're quite busy in that market. They carry CompTac, some Safariland, and Galco stuff.

10-Ring on Jones road has a selection of Galco and Bianchi stuff.

Carter's Country (the big one in Spring) caries a decent selection of Bianchi and some Galco, and even some duty-style gear from Bianchi's Accumold line.

Athena at BW8 and I-10 area had a really good selection of Galco's gear the last time I was in.

Of course, I always recommend Comp-Tac's online store if you don't mind waiting a few days for your gear--and it's the only way (for the most part) to get some of the more specialized gear (FBI cant paddle rigs, for example--I see very few of them in the wild).

WOW. I'm sure there are more, but once I started brain-dumping, I realized how many hours and miles I've spent chasing the "perfect holster!" These should get you started, and at least give you a chance to get your hands on some of the holsters you're interested in.
American by birth, Texan by the grace of God!

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Comp Tac holsters are found in most places it seems. Defensive and Concealed guns on Memorial Dr carries Old Faithful holsters. That is just a fun place to visit, also. Hold on to your wallet though, they have lots of goodies to show you. :shock:
Psalm 91:2

2ndAmendmentMumma

Post by 2ndAmendmentMumma »

I am in Houston. I have not found a very good assortment of holsters. I have bought a Remora thigh/ankle holster that came with a free IWB original holster (LOVE), VersaCarry (LOVE), a pocket holster with the diamond "sticky" fabric from Katy Gun Gear (they have a huge selection and this was a great holster while I was waiting on my Remora), and a Crossbreed which I ordered 10 weeks ago and have yet to see.
My suggestion is visit Katy Gun Gear (636 South Mason, Katy, Texas 77450) or order online.
I love my Remora so much I just ordered one for my larger Sig SP2022. :anamatedbanana
Leighan, mumma to 6.
"Yes, Mr. President, I WILL cling to my guns and my religion because my right to do so is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. It is my right; it is my duty."

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

SQLGeek wrote:Comp Tac holsters are found in most places it seems. Defensive and Concealed guns on Memorial Dr carries Old Faithful holsters. That is just a fun place to visit, also. Hold on to your wallet though, they have lots of goodies to show you. :shock:
I second the suggestion for Defensive and Concealed Guns. The owner and several of his employees are definite 'Glock' guys, and they can help you out with a lot more than just holsters.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

GlockontheRocks

Post by GlockontheRocks »

2ndAmendmentMumma wrote:I am in Houston. I have not found a very good assortment of holsters. I have bought a Remora thigh/ankle holster that came with a free IWB original holster (LOVE), VersaCarry (LOVE), a pocket holster with the diamond "sticky" fabric from Katy Gun Gear (they have a huge selection and this was a great holster while I was waiting on my Remora), and a Crossbreed which I ordered 10 weeks ago and have yet to see.
My suggestion is visit Katy Gun Gear (636 South Mason, Katy, Texas 77450) or order online.
I love my Remora so much I just ordered one for my larger Sig SP2022. :anamatedbanana
I second Katy Gun Gear. He just received a shipment of custom kydex holsters for Glocks. (Tell him Domingo sent you)

igotta40

Post by igotta40 »

Is anyone marketing any kind of holster for Ruger LCR?

Kchorro

Post by Kchorro »

Any recommendation for a OWB holster for a SIG P232?
06/17/13 Online Application DONE - 06/19/13 Fingerprints DONE
06/23/CHL class DONE - 06/23/13 Required documents sent ONLINE
06/24/ DPS confirmed docs - 07/09/ BC: under review
07/12/ CHL: Manufacturing - 07/13 MAILED - 07/18 Got it.

Misdby1

Post by Misdby1 »

I love my versacarry.

JMod45

Post by JMod45 »

Made a day trip to Houston last weekend, needed to find a good holster. Ended up buying two of them at Katy Gun Gear, really helpful guys in there. So I'll recommend them along with the other two people who mentioned it. Other place I found helpful was AMSS, had a whole wall of comp-tac holsters, unfortunately were out of the one I wanted to see. I didn't get a chance to go to many of the places mentioned by cbunt, but those two are worth mentioning IMO.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”