Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Post by nightmare69 »

RX8er wrote:
For me, it comes down to service. You see and hear about folks in 5 years that the kydex cracks. CB sends you a brand new holster in just a couple days. Want it changed to fit a new gun? It's only a couple bucks and they generally send you a new holster. I paid more and waited for the customer service.
So does Kholster...
No Strings Guarantee & Warranty

90 DAY UNCONDITIONAL NO STRINGS GUARANTEE
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for ANY reason, return it to us and we will fix it or refund the purchase price, which ever YOU prefer. All you pay is the return shipping.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
No legal speak here; just simple talk. If your Kholster ever breaks due to a failure of the materials or craftsmanship, we will fix or replace it free of charge. Just return it to us with a note describing the problem and we will take it from there. Your Kholster will be fixed or replaced promptly so you don’t be without it for long. IMPORTANT: Any modifications you make to your Kholster WILL NOT void your warranty! So do what you want to make it fit your style. If the Leather, Kydex, Clips, or Hardware ever fail, we'll fix it for free. Kydex Clips are excluded from this warranty.

No strings attached. No kidding. Really.
http://www.kholster.com/warranty.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone tell me why I people still order Crossbreeds. Is it just for the brand?
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

RX8er
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RX8er »

nightmare69 wrote:
RX8er wrote:
For me, it comes down to service. You see and hear about folks in 5 years that the kydex cracks. CB sends you a brand new holster in just a couple days. Want it changed to fit a new gun? It's only a couple bucks and they generally send you a new holster. I paid more and waited for the customer service.
So does Kholster...
No Strings Guarantee & Warranty

90 DAY UNCONDITIONAL NO STRINGS GUARANTEE
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for ANY reason, return it to us and we will fix it or refund the purchase price, which ever YOU prefer. All you pay is the return shipping.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
No legal speak here; just simple talk. If your Kholster ever breaks due to a failure of the materials or craftsmanship, we will fix or replace it free of charge. Just return it to us with a note describing the problem and we will take it from there. Your Kholster will be fixed or replaced promptly so you don’t be without it for long. IMPORTANT: Any modifications you make to your Kholster WILL NOT void your warranty! So do what you want to make it fit your style. If the Leather, Kydex, Clips, or Hardware ever fail, we'll fix it for free. Kydex Clips are excluded from this warranty.

No strings attached. No kidding. Really.
http://www.kholster.com/warranty.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Someone tell me why I people still order Crossbreeds. Is it just for the brand?
That's mighty nice of em. I had never heard of them until you posted their name.

Where were you 3 months ago when I was looking? :cheers2:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

RX8er wrote: That's mighty nice of em. I had never heard of them until you posted their name.

Where were you 3 months ago when I was looking? :cheers2:
I heard about them from a co-worker, ordered mine back in March, so far its been great. They say a 2 week lead time but it only took 10 days to get mine.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

I just ordered me one for the XDs. At that price I want to see just how good they are.
:tiphat:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

longtooth wrote:I just ordered me one for the XDs. At that price I want to see just how good they are.
:tiphat:

Post up your discount code they will email u for others who may want to buy one. There are plenty of videos on YouTube about kholsters.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

jocat54
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jocat54 »

Thanks nightmare...I just ordered one also. For the price had to give a shot.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

jocat54 wrote:Thanks nightmare...I just ordered one also. For the price had to give a shot.
No prob. When you get it put some mink oil on it and let it dry overnight. I oil mine once per month. I thought about doing the combat cut on mine but I don't want that sand paper grip on my Sig rubbing my side all day. You can cut it to make it look just like a Crossbreed and it does not void you warranty.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

v-rog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by v-rog »

I received my Crossbreed last month. I worn it a number of times and I like my Comp-Tac MTAC much better. The Comp-Tac fit great right out of the box, I was able to order it from Brownells, and I received it within 6 days. I also like that I can order Kydex shells for my other pistols and change them as I please.

Also, Comp-Tac is a Texas Company and actively supports IDPA. :thumbs2:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

2ndAmendmentMumma

Post by 2ndAmendmentMumma »

v-rog wrote:I received my Crossbreed last month. I worn it a number of times and I like my Comp-Tac MTAC much better. The Comp-Tac fit great right out of the box, I was able to order it from Brownells, and I received it within 6 days. I also like that I can order Kydex shells for my other pistols and change them as I please.

Also, Comp-Tac is a Texas Company and actively supports IDPA. :thumbs2:
Ooooh I like that you can change the kydex out because I have two different sized guns. I might want to wear my larger gun when concealment is not such and issue.

My Crossbreed experience was dreadful.
I was super excited when I finally saved enough money to buy myself a Crossbreed Mini-Tuck. I ordered my holster about the same time I submitted my paperwork for my chl with hopes they would arrive around the same time. Um. Nope the chl arrived two weeks ago and the Crossbreed is no where in sight. According to the website, they are still working on orders from MARCH. grrrr.

Recently, NRA convention came to Houston, where I live so, of course, I went. When I finally found the Crossbreed booth, I couldn’t wait to see, touch, smell, taste (wait... not really…unless no one was looking) the holster. I just assumed, not sure why now, the people at Crossbreed would be just as excited as me.
Well, maybe they were just tired from the long weekend. I waited for someone to come help me. When the young lady finally came over, I explained that I had ordered the Mini-Tuck about a month ago and I would really like to see one. She explained they did not have one available to see because the one they had, which also fit my gun BTW, was on her.
I waited a second or two thinking that she would show me, or take it off…but no.
I was so disappointed. I am not sure that if I would have visited this booth before ordering that I would have submitted my order.
On the other hand, I visited the VersaCarry booth and they were WONDERFUL. They let me handle the holster and even provided a demo gun that was the same as my Sig P238, .380 cal.
At the end of April, several weeks after I ordered the Crossbreed, I ordered a Remora IWB holster. I absolutely adore it. I have been wearing it now for a month and it is wonderful. Today decided to take a risk and order a Remora for my larger Sig SP2022, 9mm cal. I am hoping it won’t be too big for an IWB holster. I am almost certain I will get my Remora before the Crossbreed.
Leighan, mumma to 6.
"Yes, Mr. President, I WILL cling to my guns and my religion because my right to do so is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. It is my right; it is my duty."

ChillMickelson

Post by ChillMickelson »

Gotta throw a BIG plus out there for the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC. Highly customizable with swappable kydex for different guns. Great quality and fast shipping. I use it about 80% of the time. If wearing shorts, I go in the pocket with the DeSantis Super Fly.
EDC: Springfield XDs .45 w/ Minotaur MTAC
NRA Member / TSRA Member
Phat Beats & Bassline Enthusiast
Family Man.

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

2ndAmendmentMumma wrote:
At the end of April, several weeks after I ordered the Crossbreed, I ordered a Remora IWB holster. I absolutely adore it. I have been wearing it now for a month and it is wonderful. Today decided to take a risk and order a Remora for my larger Sig SP2022, 9mm cal. I am hoping it won’t be too big for an IWB holster. I am almost certain I will get my Remora before the Crossbreed.
My EDC is a 9mm SigSauer SP2022 in a Crossbreed, and I do like it. However, there are times (e.g. when I'm riding my bike) that I leave the Crossbreed at home and carry it in a Remora. It works very well, and I highly recommend it.

It's a great carry gun, and no, it's not too big for IWB.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

nightmare69 wrote:Why anyone orders a Crossbreed is beyond me. I have a Khoster that cost me 42 bucks total and took 10 days from the time I ordered it till it was at my door. My buddy has a Crossbreed and when comparing the two, there is very little difference in terms of quality. Khoster's return policy is better also, you can modify(combat cut)or if you don't like the way it smells they will take it back and give you a full refund.

Why anyone would want to pay double the price plus a 6-8 week lead time does not compute.
Here is why to order the Crossbreed over the Kholster.
I have worn a lot of holsters over the yrs of carry. Some really good custom built & a few that were production modles that were not so good.

K holsters have a very light weight vegitable tan backing. The kydex is of good quality.
They claim to be OWB or IWB. The belt slots are not wide enough to accept a quality gun belt. As long as you are going to wear it only IWB your waist band will support the holster. OWB the leather backing is not stiff enough to keep anything but a small frame gun from sagging.

Crossbreed or CompTac are FAR superrior & for sure I dont need another Kholster @ any price.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

longtooth wrote: Here is why to order the Crossbreed over the Kholster.
I have worn a lot of holsters over the yrs of carry. Some really good custom built & a few that were production modles that were not so good.

K holsters have a very light weight vegitable tan backing. The kydex is of good quality.
They claim to be OWB or IWB. The belt slots are not wide enough to accept a quality gun belt. As long as you are going to wear it only IWB your waist band will support the holster. OWB the leather backing is not stiff enough to keep anything but a small frame gun from sagging.

Crossbreed or CompTac are FAR superrior & for sure I dont need another Kholster @ any price.
LT
Mine is a IWB only and Ive had no problem with it. Sorry you don't like yours, send it back for a full refund.
5/20-Plastic in hand.

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

92f-fan wrote:
SF18C wrote:There is always White Hat Holsters, just saying.
http://www.whitehatholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Assuming that Cross Breed was first to market -
White hat looks like an EXACT copy down to the names
Not a fan of copy cats ....
THe only differentiator is the choices of colored Kydex - which is kinda odd for a concealed IWB holster
And the Guarantee link on the site goes to a broken page ...

Cross Breed now says 8 weeks on the website
"Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for delivery of orders. Charges for order applied at time of purchase."
Waiting on my 3rd Holster from them ... May try the CompTac next
Mine finally arrived about 10 days ago ... :hurry:

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

I had to send my Comp-Tac Minotaur holster back twice now. They are having to redo the mold to get it right. I should have it Monday probably. It's not my first Comp-Tac, so I wasn't expecting quality problems. They have been really good in customer service, but not very quick.

My crossbreed mini-tuck needed some alteration to the leather to make enough room for my fingers.

My Tucker Gunleather Answer is a really high quality product, but pokes me in the hip if I wear it at 3:30. Have to adjust to about 4:30 to get it comfortable, but that's not where i want the gun, so...

Of the above 3 brands, I like the Crossbreed best so far. We'll see if the Minotaur changes my mind when I get it back finally. My other Comp-Tac holster was a C-TAC. No issues with it, but it's not as comfortable as the hybrids are.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”