April Application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

infidex
Posts in topic: 11

Re: April Application

Post by infidex »

Finally had some change on my application, no longer waiting on background check, now manufacturing pending! One step closer :clapping: Not sure how long it takes to get from manufacturing pending to actually receiving, I'm going to guess it may be end of next week before I actually see it (1.5 weeks from now).

4/3/13 - Electronic Application Submitted/Paid for fees
4/10/13 - Electronic Fingerprinting
4/27/13 - CHL
5/6/13 - Mailed everything regular USPS mail
6/3/13 - Just now checking status for first time since mailing - currently shows waiting BG check, all other items above are green.
6/11/13 - Manufacturing Pending...

sevenonethree
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sevenonethree »

Close but no cigar today. Hopefully tomorrow. Should only take 1-2 days max to get from Austin to me.

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow. I'm waiting for mine and my wife's both. Both updated to "mailed" on the 7th so we'll see.

:confused5

infidex

Post by infidex »

sevenonethree wrote:Close but no cigar today. Hopefully tomorrow. Should only take 1-2 days max to get from Austin to me.

Crossing my fingers for tomorrow. I'm waiting for mine and my wife's both. Both updated to "mailed" on the 7th so we'll see.

From reading this thread and others, sounds like once it says mailed, it sits in an outgoing box for like 2 business days, then normal time to get to you. So if that was Friday it said mailed, I would expect it mailed today and you'll get tomorrow if 1 day shipping, Thursday worse case.

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Gunner4640 »

Yes there was a 2 day difference in the postmark and the website showing mailed. 62 days total
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

sevenonethree

Post by sevenonethree »

infidex wrote:
sevenonethree wrote:Close but no cigar today. Hopefully tomorrow. Should only take 1-2 days max to get from Austin to me.

From reading this thread and others, sounds like once it says mailed, it sits in an outgoing box for like 2 business days, then normal time to get to you. So if that was Friday it said mailed, I would expect it mailed today and you'll get tomorrow if 1 day shipping, Thursday worse case.

I hope you are right - Time is of the essence here.

ChillMickelson
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ChillMickelson »

Mine changed to "mailed" on 6/7/13 as well. Still waiting.
EDC: Springfield XDs .45 w/ Minotaur MTAC
NRA Member / TSRA Member
Phat Beats & Bassline Enthusiast
Family Man.

SPDGG
Posts in topic: 9

Post by SPDGG »

I thought the Texas DPS CHL check status was down. Then I saw all these updates.
Cleared my browser and all the added cookies & junk = Log in Good To Go :)

Best Part of the day . . . .

As of 06/11/2013:

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing
:)

:anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana

infidex

Post by infidex »

Looks like we're in the same manufacturing batch, lol. Checked my wife's info tonight and hers is there too (which is good since we submitted everything same days, at least it shows there's some order to it all).
SPDGG wrote:I thought the Texas DPS CHL check status was down. Then I saw all these updates.
Cleared my browser and all the added cookies & junk = Log in Good To Go :)

Best Part of the day . . . .

As of 06/11/2013:

Background Check : Completed
Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing
:)

:anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana

CedarElm7
Posts in topic: 37

Post by CedarElm7 »

armanius wrote:Cap and shirt from Rush ain't bad at all.

Another day goes by and I'm still "under review." 61 days since DPS acknowledged receipt of the documents. 68 days since the package was dropped off with the USPS.

At least I did get in today 825 rounds of 22LR. And some Troy Industries goodies. And was able to order another 525 rounds of 22LR.

armanius, you're right--a Rush shirt and cap are greatness! I was just hoping it was the CHL instead.

Glad you got in some good shooting today! :fire I like to shoot some .22LR every time I go to the range.

I'm going to hang on in this particular thread ("April Application") until you get your updates and plastic. Hang in there, my friend!
*Texas CHL* *NRA* *TSRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

2ndAmendmentMumma
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 2ndAmendmentMumma »

armanius wrote: Another day goes by and I'm still "under review." 61 days since DPS acknowledged receipt of the documents. 68 days since the package was dropped off with the USPS.
Armanius, I'm bummed for you. Have u called the to see what the hold up is? They gave me an update when I called. :cryin
:mad5
Leighan, mumma to 6.
"Yes, Mr. President, I WILL cling to my guns and my religion because my right to do so is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. It is my right; it is my duty."

The Count
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Count »

Mine updates to "mailed" this morning! :cheers2:

My timeline goes as follows:

April 18 - mailed packet to DPS
May 19 - updated to background check under review
June 9 - updated to manufacturing pending
June 11 - updated to manufacturing
June 12 - updated to mailed

It seems most people's licenses are actually postmarked 2 days after the "mailed" update, so I imagine mine will ship on Friday or Saturday and I'll get it on Monday :drool:

Magrenan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Magrenan »

Well I am out of here. Good luck all.
4/8/2013 Mailed Package
4/13/2016 Certified mail reflects delivery.
5/16/2013 Status updated-Background under review.
6/8/2013 Background complete-manufacture pending
6/11/2013 Manufacturing
6/12/2013 Mailed

armanius
Posts in topic: 45

Post by armanius »

OMG!!! :woohoo

Background check COMPLETED!!!

Day 62 since acknowledgement of receipt. Day 69 since my mailing.

Onto manufacturing now ... :hurry:

Thank you CedarElm7, SecondAmendmentMumma, and all the rest of y'all who have been so encouraging! I must admit that this thread, while sometimes discouraging (not due to anyone in this forum's fault), was very encouraging thanks to y'all.

Hey CedarElm7, I didn't shoot 825 rounds. I received 825 rounds in the mail that I was able to get at non-price gouging prices. Did yours and your wife's CHL arrive in the mail yet? How was that camping trip?
04.03.2013 Mailed Documents
06.19.2013 Received CHL
NRA Member

chane

Post by chane »

armanius wrote:OMG!!! :woohoo

Day 62 since acknowledgement of receipt. Day 69 since my mailing.

Onto manufacturing now ... :hurry:
:thumbs2: :thumbs2:

CedarElm7
Posts in topic: 37

Post by CedarElm7 »

armanius wrote:OMG!!! :woohoo

OUTSTANDING, armanius!!! :smash: That is great news!!! :txflag: Won't be long now!

No, I still haven't received mine yet; status updated to Background Check Complete on June 6, updated to CHL Mailed on June 7, so maybe today (June 12)--we'll be stalking the mail truck again today! I've been noticing that different posters have indicated the time between update to "Mailed" and actual receipt of the CHL in the mail has varied from as little as 2 days to as many as 14 days, so I'm trying to be patient (again!). :waiting:
*Texas CHL* *NRA* *TSRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”