Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
OldGrumpy
Posts in topic: 2

Gander Mountain Mesquite

Post by OldGrumpy »

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2013/ ... fall.html/

Saw this article in today's Dallas Morning News. Says Gander Mountain is opening a 31,000 sf firearms store in Mesquite this fall.
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Shinesintx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gander Mountain Mesquite

Post by Shinesintx »

If they're overpriced, they won't sell very much.

On second thought, some people ain't real bright...so they might do well in spite of themselves.

w squared

Post by w squared »

I've found some things priced reasonably well in the Gander Mountain in Sugarland. I agree, some other things seem to have an inflated price - but on the whole their staff has provided friendly and relatively knowledgeable service when I've been in, and I've been very happy with the two purchases that I've made there.

SATX-Scrub

Post by SATX-Scrub »

I welcome the Gander Mountain overlords to my humble San Antonio.
“He looked like an accountant or a serial-killer type. Definitely one of the service industries.”
― Kinky Friedman, Elvis, Jesus, and Coca-Cola
http://atomicnumber13.blogspot.com/

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I'LL be there when they open. Not saying I'LL buy anything. :mrgreen:
Charlie

RAM4171
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

The article states that it's going in the former Circuit City. That's currently a college, they actually going into the former Roomstore. Just thought I'd clear that up for ya. :tiphat:
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

I saw a Gander Mountain hiring sign in Lewisville this morning. I don't know if this will be a separate store to the one in Mesquite or not. It's next to the Target at Round Grove and I-35E. I, too, hope their prices are reasonable.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 3
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

http://www.gandermountain.com/customer- ... 0413.shtml

The above link is a news release from the Gander Mountain website with details about the 4 new Texas stores
that are to open in the fall of 2013:

Mesquite

Lewisville - This site is just across Hebron Parkway/FM3040 from the Academy store and the site of Lewisville Gun Shows.
It will be located in a big box store that went out of business. It's in the Target store's strip. It is currently being renovated.

Roundrock

San Antonio.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

The GM in College Station has the largest stock of guns I've ever seen in one place! It is a Firearms SuperCenter. Impressive...but a little pricy! My LGS has an XDs9 for $519...they wanted $599.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

GM in Spring was surprisingly well-stocked with ammo today: CCI 22 short, 22LR, and 22 WMR, along with WWB and UMC .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 acp, as well as a few varieties of "self defense" ammo in each of those center fire calibers. Most I'd seen since last November. Also well supplied with handguns, including more hard-to-find pieces like SA EMP, S&W M&P R8, 340 PD and 351 PD revolvers.

The down side is that several handgun prices I checked were marked-up 3 to 5 percent ABOVE MSRP, while a box of UMC .380 was $22 and 45 cap was $29. Glad supply is returning, but prices are discouraging.

GM has a lot of neat things, but their firearm prices are above the market norm.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Chaparral wrote:GM in Spring was surprisingly well-stocked with ammo today: CCI 22 short, 22LR, and 22 WMR, along with WWB and UMC .380, 9mm, .40, and .45 acp, as well as a few varieties of "self defense" ammo in each of those center fire calibers. Most I'd seen since last November. Also well supplied with handguns, including more hard-to-find pieces like SA EMP, S&W M&P R8, 340 PD and 351 PD revolvers.

The down side is that several handgun prices I checked were marked-up 3 to 5 percent ABOVE MSRP, while a box of UMC .380 was $22 and 45 cap was $29. Glad supply is returning, but prices are discouraging.

GM has a lot of neat things, but their firearm prices are above the market norm.
A few years ago I was at a GM in Little Rock and watched the store manager take WWB ammo out of a Walmart bag and put it on the shelves. The price was double what Walmart prices it. Read on forums that others had seen the same in other states. Haven't stepped into a GM since.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

They have decent pricing on used firearms but as far as new guns they don't come anywhere close to Academy. That said I don't mind looking around and any place that has ammo will likely get some business from me.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

Chaparral wrote: The down side is that several handgun prices I checked were marked-up 3 to 5 percent ABOVE MSRP, while a box of UMC .380 was $22 and 45 cap was $29. Glad supply is returning, but prices are discouraging.

I sadly paid $26 a box for MagTech .380 at my local store so $22 would be a welcome sight. Still not as welcome as the $19 I was paying for Lawman 6 months ago.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

rwponline

Post by rwponline »

RAM4171 wrote:The article states that it's going in the former Circuit City. That's currently a college, they actually going into the former Roomstore. Just thought I'd clear that up for ya. :tiphat:
If I remember correctly, both sites used to be Circuit City. CC built in the original location (closer to the freeway), then built a new store directly across the street.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Lewisville - This site is just across Hebron Parkway/FM3040 from the Academy store and the site of Lewisville Gun Shows.
It will be located in a big box store that went out of business. It's in the Target store's strip. It is currently being renovated.
This is not where the Lewisville gun shows were held. Those were up a little further where Best Buy used to be on the east side of the highway. The GM will be in the same strip mall as the Target you mentioned. I think the new GM store used to be another sporting goods store about 10 years ago and has been one or two other things since then.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”