background check question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Chucknasty
Posts in topic: 1

background check question

Post by Chucknasty »

Do they start the background check on the day you do the fingerprints or when they receive your packet?
2/21 started application
3/2 fingerprints
3/9 chl class
3/12 sent application

Cesar31910

Re: background check question

Post by Cesar31910 »

Thats something i would like to know as well. my status just changed to application received today. And i called the DPS and they said the Background check is done, im thinking how is that possible since it just changed to received.
There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.

-Ted Nugent

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

Cesar31910 wrote:Thats something i would like to know as well. my status just changed to application received today. And i called the DPS and they said the Background check is done, im thinking how is that possible since it just changed to received.

It is because they don't necessarily update their system to received when they get your application and start the process. There are some on here that it goes to Manufacturing pending the same time it goes to received.

My wife and I did ours at the same time. Mine updated a couple weeks after I sent mine in while hers took 40 days before. And, she got her license one day before I did.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

andradewaits

Post by andradewaits »

I as well called and they told me my backround check was complete and fingerprints were accepted and all they were waiting for was my packet with my pictures. To start the lisence

MamaK

Post by MamaK »

Chucknasty wrote:Do they start the background check on the day you do the fingerprints or when they receive your packet?

Background check begins when you pay your 140 (or the discounted fee depending on if you qualify) with your application. Fingerprints are a part of it, but not the start of it. (I'm a fingerprint technician, and believe me, CHL applicants aren't the only ones who are confused..nurses, teachers, cabbies, doctors....although the Hazmat folks seem to be squared away.)

Make sure that your fingerprint technician verifies your information because from my experience, the database seems to garble up text so a number in your license or address might be off, and that can potentially incur a rejection of the prints, forcing you to get a reprint. (Many techs are focused on time, because the owner gets paid by the print. So they sacrifice quality and accuracy.)

P.s. if you really want to freak out your fingerprint technician, during the picture process of the fingerprinting, ask them why they didn't advise you that a biometric photo will be taken. :evil2:

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Duration calculation results

Friday, February 15, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM
Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 2:00:00 PM

The duration is 91 days, 23 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds

Or 3 months, 2 days, 23 hours

Note: This calculator does not take time zones, daylight saving time or leap seconds into account.

Alternative time units
91 days, 23 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds can be converted to one of these units:
7,945,200 seconds
132,420 minutes
2207 hours
13 weeks
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”