E-mail instead of Regular Mail

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
txdalman
Posts in topic: 6

E-mail instead of Regular Mail

Post by txdalman »

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I haven't noticed anyone submitting their documents in via email. So, I figured I'd let you guys know if the turn around time is any faster/slower or the same.

I submitted yesterday 2/26 and have seen no change! Crossing my fingers it goes quicker! :txflag:

eddieconcarne
Posts in topic: 1

Re: E-mail instead of Regular Mail

Post by eddieconcarne »

No difference, sorry. Do yourself a favor and don't check again for two-plus weeks.

strider67

Post by strider67 »

I've been waiting for an update since July 2011! It's crazy! Just kidding, of course...welcome and hope your wait is a short one! :txflag:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jmra »

My wife and my brother took their renewal class at the same time. Wife emailed, brother used snail mail. Wife's timeline was 3 weeks shorter.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Hibbidydoo

Post by Hibbidydoo »

I mailed mine in and it got there today. Im going to keep an eye on this thread so I can compare timelines :hurry:

Topic author
txdalman

Post by txdalman »

jmra wrote:My wife and my brother took their renewal class at the same time. Wife emailed, brother used snail mail. Wife's timeline was 3 weeks shorter.
Glad to hear that! I wonder if they get renewals out faster than new apps. Let's hope it's all the same! I'm gonna take the advice of another guy here, and try to ignore it for a few weeks. I'm already driving myself crazy!

Topic author
txdalman

Post by txdalman »

Hibbidydoo wrote:I mailed mine in and it got there today. Im going to keep an eye on this thread so I can compare timelines :hurry:
I'll keep it updated, bud!

Topic author
txdalman

Post by txdalman »

eddieconcarne wrote:No difference, sorry. Do yourself a favor and don't check again for two-plus weeks.
Great advice. I'm already driving myself crazy. I'm just going to try to "forget" about it for a while!

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

txdalman wrote:
eddieconcarne wrote:No difference, sorry. Do yourself a favor and don't check again for two-plus weeks.
Great advice. I'm already driving myself crazy. I'm just going to try to "forget" about it for a while!
Yep, you have a little ways to go. Welcome to the "club" You can have a look at this thread for a laugh: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=63552" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

As I tell many "newbe's", dont check the website for at least 45-50 days. You will drive yourself crazy, get angry that its taking so long, and then get worried something is wrong. The time will go a lot faster if you do not check it. Just forget about it and then you will be suprized when you get it.

Use this time to study the laws for better understanding, carry around your home to find what setup works best for you, and to practice.

Most of all, pray you never have to use it.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Hibbidydoo

Post by Hibbidydoo »

How is yours looking? Mine updated this morning!

Topic author
txdalman

Post by txdalman »

Yup mine just updated this morning. 4/12. I was getting pretty worried! So, I guess submitting online doesn't have any advantages. At least its over with and the background check can get going!

Topic author
txdalman

Post by txdalman »

After 79 days...my status finally changed to mailed! So, I think its safe to say emailing has no advantage over regular mail! Good luck guys!

jmra

Post by jmra »

I guess "your results may vary" applies here. Online app completion to plastic in hand, 38 days.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cotucker

Post by cotucker »

My father-in-law snail mailed his in and 3/11/13 and got his this week
I emailed mine in on 3/11/13 and my packet hasn't even been logged in yet. :banghead:

I'm thinking I should have steered away from the online submital and just mailed it in.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”