IRS APOLOGIZES FOR TARGETING TEA PARTY GROUPS

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 13

Re: IRS APOLOGIZES FOR TARGETING TEA PARTY GROUPS

Post by mojo84 »

I heard something about someone related to Obama getting their tax exempt status approved in very short order and they made it retroactive to 2010. Haven't researched this yet but heard it this morning.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 1

Post by powerboatr »

from the patriot post this morning
"President Obama famously joked in a college commencement address in 2009 that he could use the IRS to target political enemies but of course he never would. It appears that people at the Internal Revenue Service didn't think he was joking. That's become clear since IRS Director of Exempt Organizations Lois Lerner admitted on Friday that the agency targeted conservatives for special tax-exempt scrutiny during the 2012 election season. ... We've also learned that IRS officials knew about this earlier than they have let on. News reports suggest that Ms. Lerner knew about the targeting of conservatives in June 2011, and perhaps as early as 2010. That's a long time before IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman flatly denied any political targeting when he testified at a House Ways and Means subcommittee hearing in March 2012. "

I think i may get audited now
I use the patriot, conservative and tyranny all the time :thumbs2:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

VMI77
Posts in topic: 8

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:I heard something about someone related to Obama getting their tax exempt status approved in very short order and they made it retroactive to 2010. Haven't researched this yet but heard it this morning.

The retroactive very quick approval was for a group headed by his half-brother ---but I'm sure The One had nothing to do with that. "rlol" "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Of course he wouldn't direct his band of thugs and henchmen to do a favor for family. Yeah right.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 39

Post by The Annoyed Man »

OK.....now it is getting bad for Obama....

Charlie Rangel: Obama answers not enough
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/c ... html?hp=r6
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that he believes President Barack Obama owes the American public explanations for both the seizure of Associated Press phone records by the Department of Justice and the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

“I don’t think anyone truly believes that the president has given us a sufficient answer for America, much less the press,” Rangel said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “I think this is just the beginning and the whole idea of comparing this with Nixon, I really think is just, it doesn’t make much sense. But the president has to come forward and share why he did not alert the press they were going to do this. He has to tell the Americans, including me: What was this national security question? You just can’t raise the flag and expect to salute it every time without any reason and the same thing applies to the IRS.”
He could be more harsh, many have; but when a guy like Charlie Rangel is calling out Obama.....you've GOT to wonder why the administration hasn't just come clean to get this over with.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/d ... ml?hp=t1_3
D.C. turns on Obama
By MIKE ALLEN and JIM VANDEHEI | 5/14/13 9:10 PM EDT
The town is turning on President Obama — and this is very bad news for this White House.

Republicans have waited five years for the moment to put the screws to Obama — and they have one-third of all congressional committees on the case now. Establishment Democrats, never big fans of this president to begin with, are starting to speak out. And reporters are tripping over themselves to condemn lies, bullying and shadiness in the Obama administration.

Buy-in from all three D.C. stakeholders is an essential ingredient for a good old-fashioned Washington pile-on — so get ready for bad stories and public scolding to pile up.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

gthaustex
Posts in topic: 5

Post by gthaustex »

The Annoyed Man wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/d ... ml?hp=t1_3
D.C. turns on Obama
By MIKE ALLEN and JIM VANDEHEI | 5/14/13 9:10 PM EDT
The town is turning on President Obama — and this is very bad news for this White House.

Republicans have waited five years for the moment to put the screws to Obama — and they have one-third of all congressional committees on the case now. Establishment Democrats, never big fans of this president to begin with, are starting to speak out. And reporters are tripping over themselves to condemn lies, bullying and shadiness in the Obama administration.

Buy-in from all three D.C. stakeholders is an essential ingredient for a good old-fashioned Washington pile-on — so get ready for bad stories and public scolding to pile up.
Call me cynical, but that's probably all that will come of this...public scolding....

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 24

Post by RoyGBiv »

Until somebody faces jail time, nobody's gonna roll over and admit the WH played an active role in anything.

One of the articles of impeachment against Nixon was the use of the IRS to target political opponents... But first somebody will need to provide proof that BHO's hands are dirty, not just derelict.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:OK.....now it is getting bad for Obama....

Charlie Rangel: Obama answers not enough
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/c ... html?hp=r6
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that he believes President Barack Obama owes the American public explanations for both the seizure of Associated Press phone records by the Department of Justice and the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

“I don’t think anyone truly believes that the president has given us a sufficient answer for America, much less the press,” Rangel said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “I think this is just the beginning and the whole idea of comparing this with Nixon, I really think is just, it doesn’t make much sense. But the president has to come forward and share why he did not alert the press they were going to do this. He has to tell the Americans, including me: What was this national security question? You just can’t raise the flag and expect to salute it every time without any reason and the same thing applies to the IRS.”
He could be more harsh, many have; but when a guy like Charlie Rangel is calling out Obama.....you've GOT to wonder why the administration hasn't just come clean to get this over with.
When CHARLIE RANGEL is calling you out, you know your ethically challenged. "rlol"

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

RoyGBiv wrote:When CHARLIE RANGEL is calling you out, you know your ethically challenged. "rlol"
Pretty much my point. :smilelol5:

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

First one to go, acting IRS commissioner. I sure hope they continue to investigate and nail the ones ultimately responsible. Wonder who that is.

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 8

Post by sjfcontrol »

mojo84 wrote:First one to go, acting IRS commissioner. I sure hope they continue to investigate and nail the ones ultimately responsible. Wonder who that is.
Answer: The Anointed One. The buck stops there. (Of course, he'll tell you, 'The buck never got here...')
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:When CHARLIE RANGEL is calling you out, you know your ethically challenged. "rlol"
I know... I was just piling on. :mrgreen:
sjfcontrol wrote:
mojo84 wrote:First one to go, acting IRS commissioner. I sure hope they continue to investigate and nail the ones ultimately responsible. Wonder who that is.
Answer: The Anointed One. The buck stops there. (Of course, he'll tell you, 'The buck never got here...')
And in the final analysis... he's clearly not responsible for anything... Except Obamacare.
Bad economy... Bush
High unemployment.... Bush
Middle East.... Bush
Debt.... Bush, Congress
Fast & Furious.... Arizona ATF field office (except that pesky Executive Privilege thing that, by definition, declares that POTUS IS involved)
Benghazi.... State Department (Who initiated the order to stand down?)
IRS.... As yet unknown agents in the Cincinnati field office (my aunt Bessies patootie)
AP.... Deputy AG

Barack Obama.... Absent, Derelict, Liar, who abandons his personal emissary (Ambassador Stevens) while under attack and tries (semi successfully, since he held it at bay until after the election.. go to Hades Candy Crowley) to hide his unequivocal and absolute absence of honor behind a myriad of subordinates and excuses.

The man was either absent, or participated in the conscious decision to abandon his Ambassador in the midst of a terrorist attack.
If none of this other stuff happened, Benghazi is still unforgivable.
I hope you had a nice time in Vegas, Mr. President.

Poldark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Poldark »

Embattled IRS official Lois Lerner’s husband’s law firm hosted an Obama campaign organizing meeting

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/16/embat ... g-meeting/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Term Limits, Please.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RoyGBiv wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
I know... I was just piling on. :mrgreen:
sjfcontrol wrote:
And in the final analysis... he's clearly not responsible for anything... Except Obamacare.
Bad economy... Bush
High unemployment.... Bush
Middle East.... Bush
Debt.... Bush, Congress
Fast & Furious.... Arizona ATF field office (except that pesky Executive Privilege thing that, by definition, declares that POTUS IS involved)
Benghazi.... State Department (Who initiated the order to stand down?)
IRS.... As yet unknown agents in the Cincinnati field office (my aunt Bessies patootie)
AP.... Deputy AG

Barack Obama.... Absent, Derelict, Liar, who abandons his personal emissary (Ambassador Stevens) while under attack and tries (semi successfully, since he held it at bay until after the election.. go to Hades Candy Crowley) to hide his unequivocal and absolute absence of honor behind a myriad of subordinates and excuses.

The man was either absent, or participated in the conscious decision to abandon his Ambassador in the midst of a terrorist attack.
If none of this other stuff happened, Benghazi is still unforgivable.
I hope you had a nice time in Vegas, Mr. President.
Until things totally implode. Then it will become Bushcare.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”