Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Holsters, sights, magazines, etc.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anybody else order a Crossbreed holster lately?

Post by Pawpaw »

Doubleg71 wrote:Did anyone order a gun belt? If so, why? Do you need the belt too?
A good gunbelt is absolutely essential to all day comfort when carrying. When you first put on a holster and stick a gun in it, you will think everything is fine. Wear it for 8, 10, 12 or more hours and you will change your mind. It's just not stiff enough to keep the pistol where you want it. It WILL sag and get uncomfortable. If you're not comfortable, many people will abandon carrying because, "it's too much trouble".

A good gunbelt is much stiffer and will keep everything where you want it, after you figure out exactly where it works for you and just how tight you need the belt. A lesser belt will never do the job.

I have several different gunbelts, including the crossbreed I wear almost every day lately.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

92f-fan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 92f-fan »

SF18C wrote:There is always White Hat Holsters, just saying.
http://www.whitehatholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Assuming that Cross Breed was first to market -
White hat looks like an EXACT copy down to the names
Not a fan of copy cats ....
THe only differentiator is the choices of colored Kydex - which is kinda odd for a concealed IWB holster
And the Guarantee link on the site goes to a broken page ...

Cross Breed now says 8 weeks on the website
"Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for delivery of orders. Charges for order applied at time of purchase."
Waiting on my 3rd Holster from them ... May try the CompTac next

Teamless
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Teamless »

I did order a white hat OWB, and I like it.
Its 1/2 the price of Crossbreed, and came in about 2-3 weeks.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

RX8er
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RX8er »

I ordered on March 4th and haven't received anything. I plan to call them on Monday to check in.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

NewFoundPower

Post by NewFoundPower »

I ordered mine on Feb. 28th and received it yesterday May 13, so about 9-1/2 weeks. Shipping was quick.

Chucknasty

Post by Chucknasty »

I ordered mine on march 12th same day I mailed my chl packet....I'm still waiting on both....smh
2/21 started application
3/2 fingerprints
3/9 chl class
3/12 sent application

SF18C

Post by SF18C »

92f-fan wrote:
SF18C wrote:There is always White Hat Holsters, just saying.
http://www.whitehatholsters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Assuming that Cross Breed was first to market -
White hat looks like an EXACT copy down to the names
Not a fan of copy cats ....
THe only differentiator is the choices of colored Kydex - which is kinda odd for a concealed IWB holster
And the Guarantee link on the site goes to a broken page ...

Cross Breed now says 8 weeks on the website
"Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for delivery of orders. Charges for order applied at time of purchase."
Waiting on my 3rd Holster from them ... May try the CompTac next

Not sure who came first, I don't make like to make assumptions either but when I went to the tire store they noticed all the tires were all round, mostly black and some even had white walls, kinda odd for a tire!

I'll pick the ones that arrive in 2 to 3 weeks AND is MADE IN TEXAS! :txflag:

FYI
White Hat Holsters L.L.C. has a location in Arlington, TX. Active officers include Tony Farah. White Hat Holsters L.L.C. filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) on Friday, August 19, 2011 in the state of Texas and is currently active.

Crossbreed Holsters LLC in Republic, MO is a private company categorized under Holsters Manufacturers and was established in 2006 and incorporated in Missouri.
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

Trilogy

Post by Trilogy »

I have worn my Crossbreed Super Tuck with an XDm pretty much every day for the last 1&1/2 years and it is by far the most comfortable holster I have ever used. Ordered the new appendix carry for my better half and her Ruger SR9c on April 1st. Just hit the 6-week mark. Keeping my fingers crossed so we can retire the Uncle Mike's.
Trilogy
CHL Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor & RSO

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

RX8er wrote:I ordered on March 4th and haven't received anything. I plan to call them on Monday to check in.

I just received my shipping notice today. It took 73 days to ship, not including the day I ordered.
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

Looks like they are 11 weeks behind
Thank you for choosing CrossBreed Holsters, it is greatly appreciated. Regarding the status of your order, we are currently shipping orders placed on March 23, 2013. All of our products are handmade in the order in which they were received here in the United States.

Due to recent events in the media and politics we are experiencing a very high volume of orders. Our current turnaround time is about 11 weeks from the date the order is placed until it ships. We are doing everything possible without compromising our high level of quality. Once the order is completed you should receive an e-mail with shipping confirmation. Your order will be shipped via USPS.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we want to provide you the quickest information possible regarding your order. Thanks for your business and your patience, we do appreciate it.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
Which means I have another month to wait

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Just ordered a OWB from them & looks like it will be Sept or so w/ the 11 wk lead time.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

A Friend in AZ who I recommended the Crossbreed ST to when I was visiting a few months back, ordered two holsters that same day.. just received this week.
So ordered 3/20, received two holsters 6/8.. 11 weeks 3 days
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

AlaskanInTexas

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

Ordered IWB on March 22nd
Shipped June 11

11 1/2 weeks

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 6

Post by nightmare69 »

Why anyone orders a Crossbreed is beyond me. I have a Khoster that cost me 42 bucks total and took 10 days from the time I ordered it till it was at my door. My buddy has a Crossbreed and when comparing the two, there is very little difference in terms of quality. Khoster's return policy is better also, you can modify(combat cut)or if you don't like the way it smells they will take it back and give you a full refund.

Why anyone would want to pay double the price plus a 6-8 week lead time does not compute.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

nightmare69 wrote:Why anyone would want to pay double the price plus a 6-8 week lead time does not compute.
For me, it comes down to service. You see and hear about folks in 5 years that the kydex cracks. CB sends you a brand new holster in just a couple days. Want it changed to fit a new gun? It's only a couple bucks and they generally send you a new holster. I paid more and waited for the customer service.

Return to “Holsters & Accessories”