Help! Where to buy Gun Powder in DFW area?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Backfire
Posts in topic: 6

Help! Where to buy Gun Powder in DFW area?

Post by Backfire »

I am looking to save the haz mat fee and buy gun powder somewhere in the DFW area? Gun shows do not sell powder or so i was told today. I ran all over "tim buc two" in Lewisville looking for a place that did not exist based on a tip from one of the gun show vendors. I did pick up Winchester small pistol primers today at Ft Worth gun show. But where can i get gun powder in DFW areas? I am new to reloading - have all other elements on order or have received it. But the powder - i figured i could get that locally somewhere - but maybe not? Looking to pick up:

Clay, WSF, HS-6??

Topic author
Backfire

Re: Help! Where to buy Gun Powder in DFW area?

Post by Backfire »

OK 16 views and dead silence - i guess that answers my questions.

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 1

Post by olafpfj »

Backfire wrote:OK 16 views and dead silence - i guess that answers my questions.
Good luck. Online might work out eventually if you're lucky. I scored 10# H335 that I just happened to look at just as it posted. Sold out 5 minutes later and haven't seen a hint of anything since.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

RX8er

Post by RX8er »

That's kind of like asking where to find the gold or to drill for oil, or place your crab pots. Your best bet is to ask the LGS when they get/expect shipments and do the opening line at Cabela's and Bass Pro hoping they get a couple pounds in that day. You just got to keep trying. If you are in need that badly, you can order it online and pay the HazMat or try to start a group buy.

Good luck and let me know if you find some. :cheers2:
Final Shot offers Firearms / FFL Transfers / CHL Instruction. Please like our Facebook Page.
If guns kill people, do pens misspell words?
I like options: Sig Sauer | DPMS | Springfield Armory | Glock | Beretta

Topic author
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I wonder if primers are easier to get then powder? I was able to grab some on line and also at the show. Thanks for the advice - with humor. You are correct if you find gold, no one will say where!

9mmfan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmfan »

When did they stop selling powder at gun shows? You might check out Southwest Ammunition Supply in Mesquite. It's at 206 West Davis St. I think they are closed Sunday and Monday.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Go to http://www.texasguntrader.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and do a search for reloading. I bought some powder last weekend from a gentleman located in Irving. Hope this helps.

Don2

Post by Don2 »

rotor wrote:Go to http://www.texasguntrader.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and do a search for reloading. I bought some powder last weekend from a gentleman located in Irving. Hope this helps.
YES...I forgot about them. I use my zip code in mine to look for local items.
Good call.

Don2

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

Backfire wrote:I am looking to save the haz mat fee and buy gun powder somewhere in the DFW area?
The last time I bought some, Bass Pro in Flower Mound had what I needed.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

docbrazos

Post by docbrazos »

Gibsons in Weatherford alway's has Powder......maybe not your favorite but they have powder. Located on 51/171 south main street.
Locals have already bought all the primers and ammo. They are IMHO over priced but if you have none and they have something that will work, Price is not as important!
Gun control means hitting the target!

steve817

Post by steve817 »

Backfire wrote:I am looking to save the haz mat fee and buy gun powder somewhere in the DFW area? Gun shows do not sell powder or so i was told today. I ran all over "tim buc two" in Lewisville looking for a place that did not exist based on a tip from one of the gun show vendors. I did pick up Winchester small pistol primers today at Ft Worth gun show. But where can i get gun powder in DFW areas? I am new to reloading - have all other elements on order or have received it. But the powder - i figured i could get that locally somewhere - but maybe not? Looking to pick up:

Clay, WSF, HS-6??

Alpine shooting range had a few flavors in stock. It's probably on the expensive side though.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

9mmfan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 9mmfan »

I like going to Gibson's, reminds me of childhood. I live a handful of blocks away. I agree, it is a touch pricey.
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
-Rudyard Kipling

Topic author
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I'd like to smack these type of guys. I Looked at powder at http://www.texasguntrader.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; some guy trying to sell his for 350 (without hazmat). Powder valley is 125 for winchester wsf 8lbs. So they just poach the powder then look for a easy mark. No doubt someone will buy it from him.
:mad5

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

Capitalism in action. Some people buy high and sell low. Some buy low and sell high. Depends on how much you want to pay. ( I usually buy high and then the price drops).

Topic author
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

Hurry up and buy some - i need the powder!

Return to “Reloading Forum”