Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Convention Carry

Post by tommyg »

http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/mee ... ations.pdf

There is an exception to the no guns rule that allows concealed carry at the
Brown Convention Center with a Texas C.H.L.

( NRA annual convention May 2-May 5 2013 George Brown Convention Center Houston Texas)

Do a search on the pdf file using the word firearms for more info

Please make a big effort to attend the convention we need a good turn out
Please give what you can to the NRA-ILA :thewave
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

tacticool

Re: NRA Convention Carry

Post by tacticool »

tommyg wrote:There is an exception to the no guns rule that allows concealed carry at the
:iagree:

Sec. 30.06. (e) It is an exception to the application of this section that the property on which the license holder carries a handgun is owned or leased by a governmental entity

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/D ... /PE.30.htm
When in doubt
Vote them out!

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Didn't the convention center or hotel try to prohibit a CHL from carrying and the NRA threatened to cancel and move the event unless they backed off and allowed it? It seems like I remember hearing about something like that.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I don't recall the reason for the change, but the convention center rules now have the CHL exception written into them, as per the OP's link.
Steve Rothstein

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I thought I remembered reading something about this last year. Charles mentioned something about it on page 2, here.

viewtopic.php?f=102&t=59358&hilit=NRA+c ... l&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

I've been thinking about going to this. I've only been an active shooter/gun owner for the last year and a half and member of NRA for a year. Why should I, a non-instuctor, urban-gun enthusuiast, attend this event? I live in San Antonio so the drive is not far. I like visiting Houston and support the NRA. My biggest question is what is there to interest me? I am saving for a couple new guns. Don't know if I should spend the money to go or just save it for the guns.

Thanks for your opinions/advice.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

What goes on at the convention?
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

Cjwglock19 wrote:What goes on at the convention?
From the website:
With over 550 exhibitors covering over 400,000 square feet of exhibit hall space, educational seminars, celebrities, and fun filled special events, bring the whole family- there will be something for everyone! Spend the day exploring the products from every major firearm company in the country, book the hunt of a lifetime in our exclusive outfitter section, and view priceless collections of firearms in our gun collector area. You'll also see knives, wildlife art, shooting accessories, hunting gear, ATV's, and much more!
There are also lots of meetings on firearms related issues, seminars, etc. as well as banquets and other things scheduled throughout the entire time.

Main website:

http://www.nraam.org/

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

I've already scheduled 2 vacation days and told my wife to expect me to be essentially gone for 4 days. Looking forward to this!
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Cjwglock19

Post by Cjwglock19 »

How much to get in? Is there selling / trading?
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

- Clint Smith

texaseast50

Post by texaseast50 »

Jayinsat,

I was alot like u and then i went to the last convention in houston and fell in love. Its something words cant desribe you will not be dissappointed. You will literally be with thousands of friends and like minded folks. You can put your hands on any gun you have ever thought of. Its all there its a gunlovers disney land.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

tommyg wrote:http://www.houstonconventionctr.com/mee ... ations.pdf

There is an exception to the no guns rule that allows concealed carry at the

( NRA annual convention May 2-May 5 2013 George Brown Convention Center Houston Texas)

Do a search on the pdf file using the word firearms for more info

Please make a big effort to attend the convention we need a good turn out
Please give what you can to the NRA-ILA :thewave
That exception is state law. GRB is government owned land.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Cjwglock19 wrote:How much to get in? Is there selling / trading?
Website here: http://www.nraam.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General admission to the exhibition is free to NRA members.

There are also special events like the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum, the NRA Foundation Banquet, the Prayer Breakfast, Stand & Fight Rally, etc. that require tickets.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”