I guess I'll Join the Party. February Application

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

AtkRWC
Posts in topic: 4

Re: I guess I'll Join the Party. February Application

Post by AtkRWC »

Day 40
Finally out of BG and into Pending Man (24 days of BG)
Almost there. :thewave
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
It's not my job to die for my country...It's my job to provide the max opportunity for the enemy to die for his!
21 years US Army, Airborne...Air Cav
I will NEVER forget my oath! You know, all that stuff about Constitution and such!

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 33

Post by nightmare69 »

Mailed my app and all other paperwork on 2/26, was delivered to DPS on 2/28, still says Im not in the system. Will I get a status check on their site even though I mailed everything in? Also waiting for the letter from DPS to get my figure prints done.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

z_clark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by z_clark »

Hello, I am new here. Waiting like the rest of you...

Mailed regular mail: Feb 12
Recieved/background pending: March 9 :waiting:
BACKGROUND CHECK COMPLETED: March 26 :hurry:
Last edited by z_clark on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

arawli
Posts in topic: 8

Post by arawli »

Getting a bit frustrating now. I mailed my packet over a month ago and still no update that they've even received it yet. Sent TXDPS an email late last week and got a quick response (be it a form letter response) stating that I should expect nothing until 4 weeks. But I see so many of you who got your first status update around 3 weeks or less. I just want to know that the ball is in their court, that my paperwork really is at least in a giant stack somewhere and not blowing across the Texas prairie like a tumbleweed. :waiting: :waiting:
2/8 Online Apply--2/12 Packet Mailed
3/14 Packet Received--Background Check Start
4/6 Background Check Complete--4/18 CHL Received!
65 days mailbox "Out" to mailbox "In"

jtsnow
Posts in topic: 5

Post by jtsnow »

arawli wrote:Getting a bit frustrating now. I mailed my packet over a month ago and still no update that they've even received it yet. Sent TXDPS an email late last week and got a quick response (be it a form letter response) stating that I should expect nothing until 4 weeks. But I see so many of you who got your first status update around 3 weeks or less. I just want to know that the ball is in their court, that my paperwork really is at least in a giant stack somewhere and not blowing across the Texas prairie like a tumbleweed. :waiting: :waiting:
They haven't lost it. It's just on a slow desk. I (and others on here) suffer from the same fate. I mailed mine in on 2/6, but it was not acknowledged online until 3/9. There are people that submitted since me that are already receiving their plastic. The only sense I can make of it is that we were lucky enough to have been assigned to someone that spends more time on online forums than doing their job (and I guess I can't really say much about that...). Nonetheless, rest assured it is now spring break, so they probably aren't even in the office this week, anyway. :cryin
1/29 - Submitted online application
2/4 - Fingerprinted
2/5 - finished CHL class
2/6 - mailed packet of all materials to DPS
3/9 - application acknowledged; fingerprints & background pending

Vetie
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vetie »

arawli wrote:Getting a bit frustrating now. I mailed my packet over a month ago and still no update that they've even received it yet. Sent TXDPS an email late last week and got a quick response (be it a form letter response) stating that I should expect nothing until 4 weeks. But I see so many of you who got your first status update around 3 weeks or less. I just want to know that the ball is in their court, that my paperwork really is at least in a giant stack somewhere and not blowing across the Texas prairie like a tumbleweed. :waiting: :waiting:
DPS received my packet on 2/18/13 and I still don't have an update, hoping it will update this week sometime. I sent my packet via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation and its shows that it has been delivered.

SledXD
Posts in topic: 11

Post by SledXD »

I know it can be frustrating. I did my app in January and mailed everything on 2/3. I just got my first update on 3/10. I have no idea why it took so long. I have seen several people that mailed on 2/3 to 2/8 and they have plastic already! I hope you see something soon!

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 33

Post by nightmare69 »

SledXD wrote:
I know it can be frustrating. I did my app in January and mailed everything on 2/3. I just got my first update on 3/10. I have no idea why it took so long. I have seen several people that mailed on 2/3 to 2/8 and they have plastic already! I hope you see something soon!
Do you get the online checklist for you status if you mailed everything in. I mailed my app and all other paperwork in and it was received on 2/28, still says Im no in the system when I try to check.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

SledXD
Posts in topic: 11

Post by SledXD »

nightmare69 wrote:
SledXD wrote:
Do you get the online checklist for you status if you mailed everything in. I mailed my app and all other paperwork in and it was received on 2/28, still says Im no in the system when I try to check.
It takes three to four weeks for it to update in the system. I mailed mine on 2/5, they received on 2/7, but no updates online till 3/10.

arawli
Posts in topic: 8

Post by arawli »

Finally! Proof that my packet made it to TXDPS and isn't rolling around stuck to the right rear tire of a USPS truck! Packet received and background check begun this morning! Nice to see some movement after 30 days of waiting. Hope it's not another 30 from here. I'm wearing the glass out on my iPad screen checking the status so much.
:anamatedbanana
2/8 Online Apply--2/12 Packet Mailed
3/14 Packet Received--Background Check Start
4/6 Background Check Complete--4/18 CHL Received!
65 days mailbox "Out" to mailbox "In"

S281

Post by S281 »

Man this is just so frustrating waiting. It would be fine if they processed apps in order of receiving, but clearly they are not. They received my app according to USPS tracking on 2/16, and nothing is showing up at all online yet. UGH, its driving me nuts checking the status 20 times a day. When do you start worrying they lost it and make a call? :banghead:

EDIT: finally, website updated status to BG check. Took exactly 4 weeks to the day from them receiving my app. Now to impatiently wait for the second part of this beat down lol. Hopefully it is a little quicker.
Last edited by S281 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Davis84
Posts in topic: 9

Post by J_Davis84 »

S281 wrote:Man this is just so frustrating waiting. It would be fine if they processed apps in order of receiving, but clearly they are not. They received my app according to USPS tracking on 2/16, and nothing is showing up at all online yet. UGH, its driving me nuts checking the status 20 times a day. When do you start worrying they lost it and make a call? :banghead:
If you call they will look and see if they have it in the system and if not tell you that could take 4 to 5 weeks. I called this morning and told the guy I'm in the 5th week (sent on the 9th online) and he said 5 weeks might not be long enough. I told him about others sending theirs after me and already in their background checks and he didn't have any response, so I guess it just a luck of the draw of whose app gets processed. :???:
1/27 Online Application - 2/9 CHL class - 2/9 Emailed documents to DPS
4/24 Finally documents received, background in review
5/12 Background Complete, Manufacturing pending - 5/14 Manufacturing
5/15 Mailed - 5/18 Received

S281

Post by S281 »

J_Davis84 wrote:If you call they will look and see if they have it in the system and if not tell you that could take 4 to 5 weeks. I called this morning and told the guy I'm in the 5th week (sent on the 9th online) and he said 5 weeks might not be long enough. I told him about others sending theirs after me and already in their background checks and he didn't have any response, so I guess it just a luck of the draw of whose app gets processed. :???:
Ugh, that sucks. I guess the wait continues. :cryin

I told myself that i wouldnt worry about it when i was mailing it in and just wait for it to surprise me in the mail, but damn thats just so hard to do

demon510

Post by demon510 »

2/19 All docs recieved
3/8 Background Check: Under Review
3/11 Background Check: Completed
3/11 CHL: Manufacturing Pending
3/13 CHL: Mailed

Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

Aerosfire
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Aerosfire »

1/21 - Online Application
2/5 - Emailed Documents
2/24 - All Docs Received / Background Check under review
3/7 - Background Completed / Manufacturing Pending
3/10 - Mailed (may have been 3/9, didn't check).
3/14 - Plastic! Postmarked 3/12.

:woohoo

37 days from email to plastic.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”