CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I can't believe what I just read.

WOOHOO! What a great state. :woohoo
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 6

Post by O6nop »

On KXAN home page there's a poll asking if CHL holders should be allowed to carry anywhere... make it count!

http://www.kxan.com/Global/category.asp ... v=menu73_1

Edit: So far it's 100% YES!
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Don't mean to be a sag in the saddle...(yeah, its a new goofy phrase I'm trying out) I made it up all by muhself...

But Govenor Perry could clear up one little thing that has cropped up at the capitol again...

The capitol administrative committee voted to re-install metal detectors and other screening procedures even for CHL's while visiting the capitol facility...

I heard this just recently in a discussion in ElGato's CHL class earlier in April...

If they left anything in the law to restrict access, I believe it should be jails, prisons and courtrooms, unless you have expressed permission from lawful authority to do so...

And even then, you should be allowed the common courtesy to discretely dissarm and stow your weapon in a locker at the facility...No muss no fuss...But then again I've been on that soapbox for what...About ten years anyway...I've ground that dead horse into powder...

Maybe someday...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Frost
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Frost »

My rep is e-mailed. Fax and snail mail to follow. Heres to hoping the legislature picks this one up.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

O6nop wrote:On KXAN home page there's a poll asking if CHL holders should be allowed to carry anywhere... make it count!

90% yes...

And 0% for a No...

10% said I'm not sure...

I really just don't know about the "don't know" crowd...Why bother if you don't know???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
O6nop

Post by O6nop »

A broader article on the subject...
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=6449437&nav=0s3d
All handguns, licensed or not, are currently banned from bars, restaurants, schools, sporting events, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, amusement parks, places of worship, governmental meetings and courthouses.

Perry called that nonsense.
this will bring debate
If they left anything in the law to restrict access, I believe it should be jails, prisons and courtrooms, unless you have expressed permission from lawful authority to do so...
No doubt that if this legislation is even considered there will be several restrictions like the above considered. I can't see getting a blanket allowance for carrying 100%.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Right2Carry
Banned

Post by Right2Carry »

Rick Perry is the man. Is he giving lip service or is he deadly serious about this. They could make this happen. Could Perry do anything by executive order?
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, an American Soldier doesn't have that problem". — President Ronald Reagan, 1985

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

O6nop wrote:On KXAN home page there's a poll asking if CHL holders should be allowed to carry anywhere... make it count!

Maybe make a new thread or sticky for this one?

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

78% yes, 20% know, 2% I don't know at 10:24.

I like the last statement in the article. Perry thinks we ought to be able to defend ourselves from the deranged individuals. Sounds like a good plan to me.
Steve Rothstein

TheYoungGuy

Post by TheYoungGuy »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:Perry has been one of the best friends that Texas gun owners have ever had.

He has never failed to sign a pro gun rights bill.
That's because Gov. Perry is a true sportsman, not one of these "I've been a hunter all my life" types. I had the privilege of serving as one of his interns two summers ago and as a salesman to him many a time in one of his favorite gun shops where I used to work. He knows his stuff, and better still, he knows his constituents. This is great news all around.

pbandjelly

Post by pbandjelly »

O6nop wrote:
All handguns, licensed or not, are currently banned from bars, restaurants, schools, sporting events, correctional facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, amusement parks, places of worship, governmental meetings and courthouses.

Perry called that nonsense.
too bad they have their facts wrong.
hospitals, nursing homes, restaurants(?), blah blah blah

they should outta read the rest of that section....

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

Right2Carry wrote:Rick Perry is the man. Is he giving lip service or is he deadly serious about this. They could make this happen. Could Perry do anything by executive order?
Technically, yes. He tried it when he made that inoculation mandatory, which was overturned by the legislature.
While it is an option, its not really democracy at its finest. The branches are supposed to work together. I'd much rather see it go through the proper channels and be overwhelmingly supported by our reps.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Renegade wrote:Well what are we waiting for????

The legislature is in session, submit a bill and get in on his desk already!!!!!!!!!!!!
No more bills can be submitted this session. There's a very brief window for new bills.

Now, if Perry wants to call a special session to deal specifically with the crisis of school security... :grin:

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

You know I had to go click on a few of the buttons and links to make sure it was a real deal.

Gotta love Texas :txflag:
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

maximus2161

Post by maximus2161 »

I sure hope this happens.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”