What are some of your carry bloopers?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

one eyed fatman
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by one eyed fatman »

Ya, I did a kinda blooper one time. It was the middle of winter up north. I had a gravel pit about two miles from my house where I could target shoot and let my dog run. I would shoot at cans on the ice and watch the bullet bury it's self in the 30 foot high by 50 yard long dirt pile on the other side. The dog was out running and I had thrown a can about half way out. I took my first shot and heard the bullet ricochet off the ice into the embankment on the other side. Right about then I saw this set of cherries off to my right high on the embankment. I quickly opened my coat and holstered my 22 revolver in my shoulder holster. There's mister DPS guy driving over the top of the embankment to see what I was doing out there. He finished his drive over the top and stopped to tell me I should not be there. I said OK. He left and I gathered up my dog and left as well. The only sign on the property said enter at your own risk.

Dr Dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dr Dave »

Another story about how bad things happen when you pull your pants down or up.

When I pulled my pants up after after a visit to the crapper, my Tucker inside the pants holster swiveled on the belt clip and dumped the Glock 27 down my pants leg - muzzle up! I had no choice but to run my hand down my pants leg and retrieve the piece - again muzzle up! Well, I guess I could have shook my leg and let it bang out and bouce on the tile floor. I know all the safety features of the Glock ensure that it will only go bang when the trigger is pulled, but I still don't like loaded guns pointed at any part of me especially my private parts. I still use the holster, but I added a rubber washer between the attachement of the belt clip and the holster so that it does not swivel on it's own. In fact, all of my current serious holsters are Tucker holsters, so I am not in any way knocking their product.
Dr Dave

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Dr Dave wrote:Another story about how bad things happen when you pull your pants down or up.

When I pulled my pants up after after a visit to the crapper, my Tucker inside the pants holster swiveled on the belt clip and dumped the Glock 27 down my pants leg - muzzle up! I had no choice but to run my hand down my pants leg and retrieve the piece - again muzzle up! Well, I guess I could have shook my leg and let it bang out and bouce on the tile floor. I know all the safety features of the Glock ensure that it will only go bang when the trigger is pulled, but I still don't like loaded guns pointed at any part of me especially my private parts. I still use the holster, but I added a rubber washer between the attachement of the belt clip and the holster so that it does not swivel on it's own. In fact, all of my current serious holsters are Tucker holsters, so I am not in any way knocking their product.
Humbling isn't it???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dws1117 »

Dr Dave

Is the offending holster the Cover Up? If so I too use that holster. I had the same problem of the clip working loose. I used a bit of blue locktite and tightened the crap out of the screw. It seems to have worked. I haven't has to re tighten the screw ot adjust the position for more than a month.

I have 2 Tuckers and have been quite pleased with both.

Dr Dave

Post by Dr Dave »

Yep, the holster was a cover up. I couldn't tighten the screw enough to keep the clip from moving on my particular holster. I just added a rubber washer bought at Lowe's between the clip and the holster which tightened the connection and fixed the problem.
Dr Dave

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

Thanks for the news on the Cover Up. I have the Cover Up Plus on the way from Tucker - should be here in another week or so. I will keep this in mind if I have this problem.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”