Expected delay?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
KapHn8d
Posts in topic: 2

Expected delay?

Post by KapHn8d »

Howdy!

I sent in my CHL-100/photo/etc packet with delivery confirmation early in this month and USPS shows it was received in Austin on February 6, 2013. My fingerprints were electronically transmitted February 12, 2013. So, all the required information has been in Austin a week or so at this point. I fully expect a turn-around time of a month at a minimum based on what I've heard the recent times for processing are, but my question is with regard to how long it usually takes to update the CHL status page from "awaiting packet" to "processing" or whatnot... At this point, the only reason I have to believe they received everything is the USPS delivery confirmation. I don't ACTUALLY know they have the paperwork because the site doesn't reflect it. How long should I wait before some sort of manual inquiry? I would think that a couple weeks from physical receipt should be enough time to at least park it as 'in process' or something.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not chompin' at the bit... I just don't want to add additional delay by inaction on my part.

Cheers!!
:tiphat:

OldGrumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Expected delay?

Post by OldGrumpy »

You delivery receipt is only telling you that it arrived in the DPS mailroom. Now it gets to wait a while longer in the CHL data entry department. Looking at previous posts it averages between tow to three weeks for initial processing. None of us have been patient waiters but I think DPS is doing a great job handling a huge workload. Keep checking and one day "Wow there it is- I am on the charts"!
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Topic author
KapHn8d
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KapHn8d »

Thanks for the quick reply...

Ok, cool. I feel better knowing that it's taking a few weeks just to get acknowledged that the process has started. I didn't know when to consider it may be misplaced.

I appreciate it.

Have an awesome weekend!! :patriot:

AggieLB

Post by AggieLB »

Mine took 13 days to show documents received which seemed pretty fast. Then my background check took 3 weeks which was slower than everyone else I knew of that submitted at the same time. There are people who were in my CHL class (a big group of family and friends did it together) who have already received their licenses while mine just moved to manufacturing today. You can get a rough idea from other peoples timelines but try not to drive yourself crazy about so and so getting through the process faster than you. I think it is just luck of the draw on whose desk you end up on. I just have to remind myself that they are flooded with apps right now and yet they seem to be processing much faster than they used to.
CHL Class - 1/12/13
Online Application Submitted - 1/13/13
Mailed Docs- 1/15/13
Fingerprints - 1/16/13
Documents Received - 1/28/13
Background check in progress - 2/1/13
Background Check Complete - 2/21/13
Manufacturing - 2/22/13
Mailed - 2/24/13
Received - 3/1/13
45 days mailbox to mailbox

9mmlunchbox

Post by 9mmlunchbox »

Yeah you'll wait about two weeks minimum I would say for the first change. And then you'll be waiting on the next one to change. Hang in there, DPS is getting them out pretty quick in my opinion.

Citizen

Post by Citizen »

3 weeks before any acknowledgement on the website, 3 weeks in BG check, and 1 week to mfg and mail. 7 weeks door to door. Relax and be patient. Good luck.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”