What are some of your carry bloopers?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

What are some of your carry bloopers?

Post by dws1117 »

Fortunately, I haven't had any, yet. I know it will happen, but I've been lucky so far. I've only been carrying since May so it's still early.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

I've had one, and it was a hum dinger. SW 36 in a Fist belt slide holster, grabbed my belt to pull my pants up and launched the ol' 36 into the toilet. :shock: :oops: :x

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 6

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I know why you were :shock: 'ed

I can understand why you were :oops:

I don't want to know why you were :x

I have my own restaurant bathroom hyjinx that I'll post next...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I guess mine was mostly what I heard, instead of anything blooper-ish I suppose...

I had to make a trip to take care of a pressing matter before we headed out for the rest of the evening...

This actually happened about two weeks ago...

I was sitting alone contemplating the last words of Socrates, when someone made their way to a stall a couple doors down...

All was going well till that person (I was still contemplating, I know TMI, but anyway) was finished and apparently from the sound effects was collecting themselves when I heard the un-mistakable sound of a round being chambered in a semi-auto handgun...It wasn't a discrete check, it was a clear chambering of a round...

I guess I finished contemplating quickly after that person made their way out of the bathroom...

I suppose there is just no place safe anymore? :lol:
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

John
Posts in topic: 1

Post by John »

stevie_d_64 wrote:I guess mine was mostly what I heard, instead of anything blooper-ish I suppose...

I had to make a trip to take care of a pressing matter before we headed out for the rest of the evening...

I was sitting alone contemplating the last words of Socrates, when someone made their way to a stall a couple doors down...

All was going well till that person (I was still contemplating, I know TMI, but anyway) was finished and apparently from the sound effects was collecting themselves when I heard the un-mistakable sound of a round being chambered in a semi-auto handgun...It wasn't a discrete check, it was a clear chambering of a round...

I guess I finished contemplating quickly after that person made their way out of the bathroom...

Didn't i read once where you found a glock in a restroom? What ever happened with that gun?

JohnC
JohnC

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

I don't want to know why you were :x
I was mad because on top of feeling like an idiot, I had to reach into the toilet to retrieve it.

Warhorse545

Post by Warhorse545 »

I was at a Wendy's and got the butt of my carry piece stuck between the rails of the chairs that Wendy's uses. Only way to get it loose was to have the wife get behind me and wiggle it around a but to get it back through the rails. Was a mess there for a bit. The shirt and jacket I had on sure made a tight fit in the rails. No one noticed thank goodness.

Now my pager had ended up in the toilet more then once so do not feel bad HighVelocity

Stacey
TSRA Life Member

longtooth

blooper

Post by longtooth »

You guys had some serious ones. I carried my extra mag in an old cell phone case. Had done so for about three yrs & the case was wearing out. Mag was getting real loose. I bent over at Lowe's to get some shelf brackets off a bottom shelf & the Mag went to the floor. No one in the isle so I picked it up & that afternoon ordered a Hoffner's double mag carrier. Now I carry 2 extras and they don't wiggle.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 3

Post by dws1117 »

I wonder why it was necessary to clear the pistol before cleaing himself.

These are good. Come on guys. Some of you have been carrying for years. Ther has got to be some doozies out there. Don't be shy. We're all friends here. :D

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

I guess I haven't been carrying long enough to have any of these...

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

All of us recognise the problems inherent in getting your pants down around your ankles with a holstered gun. Cop friends of mine tell me they take off their duty belt and hang it on the hook in the stall, if there is one.

A duty belt would be hard to conceal, so I decided to take my carry gun, clear it - setting the mag on top of the toilet tissue holder with my two spare mags and putting the extra round in my pocket, and then I hung my gun from the clothes hook by the trigger guard, action locked open.

Just about the time I sat down, the door on the next stall opened and someone entered, and the shift in geometry was just enough to loosen the latch on my stall to the extent that the door swung open.

So there I was, in progress as it were, trying to reach the door and swing it back closed, with my faithful .45 dangling from the clothes hook on the door.

Since then I am much more careful about finding a way to stow my gun when biological necessities dictate.

OTOH, may I was the one who was making the distinct sound of a round being chambered when I was done. :lol:
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

John wrote:
stevie_d_64 wrote:I guess mine was mostly what I heard, instead of anything blooper-ish I suppose...

Didn't i read once where you found a glock in a restroom? What ever happened with that gun?

JohnC
Yep, I turned it in, and the owner, who is a nieghbor of mine, claimed it...He felt pretty bad about it...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

jimlongley wrote:All of us recognise the problems inherent in getting your pants down around your ankles with a holstered gun. Cop friends of mine tell me they take off their duty belt and hang it on the hook in the stall, if there is one.

A duty belt would be hard to conceal, so I decided to take my carry gun, clear it - setting the mag on top of the toilet tissue holder with my two spare mags and putting the extra round in my pocket, and then I hung my gun from the clothes hook by the trigger guard, action locked open.

Just about the time I sat down, the door on the next stall opened and someone entered, and the shift in geometry was just enough to loosen the latch on my stall to the extent that the door swung open.

So there I was, in progress as it were, trying to reach the door and swing it back closed, with my faithful .45 dangling from the clothes hook on the door.

Since then I am much more careful about finding a way to stow my gun when biological necessities dictate.

OTOH, may I was the one who was making the distinct sound of a round being chambered when I was done. :lol:
Yeah, it sounded like one of those .45's to me... :lol:
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

dws1117 wrote:
I wonder why it was necessary to clear the pistol before cleaing himself.

These are good. Come on guys. Some of you have been carrying for years. Ther has got to be some doozies out there. Don't be shy. We're all friends here. :D
Lots of potential potty humor here as well... :lol:

I had received a promotion a while back, and the big boss said to me that we needed to discuss my new duties....................................... :roll: :wink:
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

So far....no real big bloopers. Just the occaisional "Do you have your gun on?" Question from those who know me. Mainly family members at large gatherings. After a few "Gentlemen (or ladies if it applies at the time) don't ask gentlemen those questions" responses they ceased.

I have clean forgotten I was packing when I went to try on some jeans at Academy once. Needless to say I didn't step out of the room and admire my svelt figure in the full length mirror or parade them for the missus.

Just as soon as I catch myself in one I will be sure and let all of you in on it so I can reap my just reward. Given my history, it will be a goodun. :oops:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”