Nursing baby and 1 day class

Issues important to the ladies, with men and women welcome.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

hpcatx
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Nursing baby and 1 day class

Post by hpcatx »

baldeagle wrote:
MotherBear wrote:Hi there! Didn't see anywhere to introduce myself, but I've been lurking for a bit. I'm also a mother of a nursing baby and trying to figure out a way to get my CHL without an entire day away from her. She's my third, and the only one of them who refuses a bottle -- go figure. Did you wind up finding anything? I'm also just north of Austin. Like you, I can wait if I need to, but I'd rather not if I can find an alternative.

Robyn
Seems like the two of you ought to be able to work something out with an instructor.
Welcome to the forum (as a member), MotherBear. Baldeagle has an excellent suggestion, as many instructors will accommodate a few people for a "private" class and could either schedule in times to nurse or break the course out over several days. Maybe pick a CHL instructor mid way between the two of you and see what can be arranged.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

2ndAmendmentMumma
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 2ndAmendmentMumma »

TheZooKeeper wrote:Hiya Gals,

I'm hoping someone has a solution for my delimma. My youngest is still nursing and although she's not a new baby, she still nurses often and won't be weaned for another year or so if she's like the rest of my kids. I very much want to get my CHL but there's no way I can be away from her for an entire day. We'd both be miserable and I know my husband wouldn't make it. :lol:

I dread the thought of delaying getting my liscence for a year or more. I'm not seeing any options for taking multiple classes to accrue the 10 hours of instruction time. They're all one day classes. Which, if I wasn't nursing a baby would be great. I keep thinking there has to be an alternative to one day classes. Am I hopefully missing the obvious? I'm just N of Austin if that helps with options.

Thanks,

Liz
As a former nursing mumma of 6, I would recommend providing plenty of boobie-pops in the freezer and hitting the breast pump at lunch. One, all-day class won't make a difference on your milk production. You'll be a little full by lunch if you are nursing regularly, but they make some great disposable breast pads which I highly recommend.
If baby won't take the bottle, daddy can use a little spoon.
BTW I nursed 4 of my 6 over two years each.
Think of it this way, he needs to bond anyway and believe me, he will be fine. Trust me. He'll find his own stride and you may find he and baby will be best buds by the end of it all.
Leighan, mumma to 6.
"Yes, Mr. President, I WILL cling to my guns and my religion because my right to do so is guaranteed by the United States Constitution. It is my right; it is my duty."

troglodyte
Posts in topic: 1

Post by troglodyte »

loveslattes wrote:Hey Zookeeper, could your hubs bring her by for lunch and snack/break times? Not ideal but you could nurse her twice or three times during your breaks. Our 8-6 class broke about 10, 12:30 and 3. And we probably were done a tad early as well. BTW, it's awesome that #5 gets just as much attention as #1-#4!
I had a mother do this. I "scheduled" breaks to accommodate her. Everyone was understanding and we met all the requirements.

Return to “Ladies”