Looking for a .22

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

I have had both a Browing Buckmark and a Ruger Mark II. I think you would like either one. But, i just picked upa Browning to use for my kids. The deciding factor was that it is easier to fieldstrip for cleaning and get back together.

I also considered the Beretta Neos, but did not like the way it felt in my hand. I did think it would fit the younger kids hands better though.
Steve Rothstein

ccoker

Post by ccoker »

surprised no one has mentioned the Sig Trailside
I had the 6" target , arg, sold it for another pistol

I no longer sell guns unless I just REALLY don't like them

kauboy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by kauboy »

KBCraig wrote:
kauboy wrote:We just picked up a Walther P22 for the wife a few weeks ago for $289 if I remember correctly. Great little pistol. We got the 3.5in barrel version but I'm sure the 5 incher with the compensator is even more accurate.
Just FYI, the 5" version isn't compensated. It has fake comp cuts. I'm sure the extra length and weight help with accuracy, but it is not compensated. (And compensation would be just plain silly on a .22 LR not used for Olympic Bullseye, anyway.)

That said, the P22 feels great in the hand, and has changeable backstraps for different hand sizes. I haven't shot one, but I like the feel and pointability. The mag release is a little odd, though.

Kevin
I'm not questioning that you are correct, but what is this thing called then?
An "extender" maybe?
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

What kind of pistol do you already have? There are conversion kits for most semi auto's like 1911s. You will need to do some research to determine the best for your gun.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

I have two, a 1927 Colt Woodsman that was my Dad's and a Browning Buckmark for everyday shooting. The Woodsman is more accurate but, the Buckmark is a very close second.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
Idjut

Post by Idjut »

Wow, lots of replies.

I made the mistake of checking out a S&W Model 41 today. Nice! But I don't think I can justify $1000 for a 'fun' gun right now.

So right now the slab-sided Ruger is still on the top of the list. However, I am going to try to track down a Browning, Beretta, and maybe a High Standard for comparison. The guy who helped me a Carter's Country today told me he shot competitively for 40+ years, and he had lots of praise for the High Standard.

No offense to any owners, but man that Walther is ugly! Kind of reminds me of a Honda Civic with ground effects and a fin: all flash and no dash.
Nothing in this world is more surprising than the attack without mercy! -from Little Big Man

kauboy

Post by kauboy »

No dash?
I beg to differ. Yeah, it is different, but once you hold one, you'll really like the feel.
And it shoots very well.
"People should not be afraid of their Governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

rbraughn

Post by rbraughn »

My vote is for a Ruger KMK 512 MkII (stainless 5 1/2" Bull Barrell)

I love this gun!!!

I must be getting old ;-) , but of all the weapons I own, I have more fun shooting The smaller calibers now.

I used to like shooting my 300 Win Mag, or My 7MM mag, Now It's an Ar15 or 22 Single shot bolt action 22 LR Remington.

Of all my pistols the Ruger is definitely the most fun.
Last edited by rbraughn on Thu May 03, 2007 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be insensitive....Tell the truth !!

Topic author
Idjut

.22 pistol -Purchased!

Post by Idjut »

OK, I completely blew my budget, but I found a pristine S&W Model 41 (7" barrel) at Gander Mountain for $700. This was the first Model 41, new or used, that I've seen for less than $1000. I grabbed it while I could.

To the range tomorrow!

Here she is:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/ ... y_rn=15710
Nothing in this world is more surprising than the attack without mercy! -from Little Big Man

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”