Timeline Question

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
TexasYankee13
Posts in topic: 2

Timeline Question

Post by TexasYankee13 »

So, I am pretty new here and waiting on my status to update to the exciting "manufacturing" stage.

I have seen some timelines that have as little as two days for it to go from background under review to approved....and some much longer.

Does anyone know what they actually check and how it is done?

Thanks.

gr0cerycarter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Timeline Question

Post by gr0cerycarter »

My status just updated to background check today! I'm wondering the same thing

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

I think the average is 5 or 6 weeks end to end but some people take half as long and others take twice as long. Think of it like filing a 1040 when you're expecting a refund. You'll get it eventually but checking the website doesn't make it come any faster.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Topic author
TexasYankee13

Post by TexasYankee13 »

Hey again...so, seems like some folks make it through background in a few days and others take longer.
Any idea what they check and if having lived in another state in the last five years will slow it down?

Getting itchy!! Just want to see it turn to "manufacturing"

Greatmoose

Post by Greatmoose »

Mine's been sitting on Under Review for over a week. Getting irritated...

empreme

Post by empreme »

It has been one week to date since my update to "background under review". I've noticed no real patterns in the time line, for some it has been a day or so and others a week or more. Getting restless and the excitement from the first update is wearing off. Come on, plastic!!!
03JAN13 - Mailbox
16FEB13 - Mailbox
44 Days
"You always hear 'if you can't beat them, join them'. I say, 'if you can't beat them, beat them, because they are expecting you to join them. You'll have the element of surprise."

JOJO344

Post by JOJO344 »

TexasYankee13 wrote:Hey again...so, seems like some folks make it through background in a few days and others take longer.
Any idea what they check and if having lived in another state in the last five years will slow it down?

Getting itchy!! Just want to see it turn to "manufacturing"
I just moved here last year and sent my paperwork off Nov 12th..... if you are from out of state and and orn have any arrests out this state expect to wait a little bit longer.

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

I am glad they are doing the background checks instead of letting a bad apple slip through. There's enough anti CHL propaganda without having someone get a Texas CHL who was convicted of domestic violence in another state or some rural county that didn't send all their records to the feds.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

JOJO344

Post by JOJO344 »

My stuff is all trafiic..... but when I called in last week I asked about arrests and the guy told me any felonies you cannot recieve a CHL and any Domestic Violence that are Misdemonors or any misdemonors you have to be 5 years or older and it shouldnt hold you up. Which I thought kind of odd since i would think any domestic crime would prevent someone from getting a CHL.

ArmedAndPolite

Post by ArmedAndPolite »

I have lived in TX all my life, never arrested and so my background check passed within a few days. I would check every night for an update.
12/28/12 Online Application
01/11/13 All documents mailed w/signature confirmation
02/11/13 Plastic in hand
Total time: 48 days

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”