ammo on sale

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

erick619
Posts in topic: 5

Re: ammo on sale

Post by erick619 »

froughty wrote:Any idea how well these shoot in Springfield XD Sub compacts?
Not sure, but they shoot well in my Sig P226 and KelTec PF9. I suggest you buy a box of 50 at academy's or something before you buy a K or more (this goes with any bulk ammo purchase). Otherwise, if you bought it already and it doesn't work in your XD SC, I'll buy the K from you for $180 ;-)
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

(J.R.R.Tolkien [Faramir], The Two Towers)

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 17

Post by longhorn_92 »

Looks like ammo shortage is back on now! Can't find ANY 5.56
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

WeldonHunter
Posts in topic: 67

Post by WeldonHunter »

These are overlooked because they're expired tracers . http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/8 ... 0s-vintage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but they're basically M193 USGI now but some will light off.

Look here too. http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=. ... owall=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There's still some out there and I'm on the hunt for more right now. It's hard to find though.

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 17

Post by longhorn_92 »

WeldonHunter wrote:These are overlooked because they're expired tracers . http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/8 ... 0s-vintage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but they're basically M193 USGI now but some will light off.

Look here too. http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php?caliber=. ... owall=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There's still some out there and I'm on the hunt for more right now. It's hard to find though.

I almost bought 2,000 rounds last week and held off... NOW?... I am kicking myself!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

WeldonHunter
Posts in topic: 67

Post by WeldonHunter »

longhorn_92 wrote:
WeldonHunter wrote:These are overlooked because they're expired tracers . http://www.sgammo.com/product/surplus/8 ... 0s-vintage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but they're basically M193 USGI now but some will light off.

I almost bought 2,000 rounds last week and held off... NOW?... I am kicking myself!
The run has been building since last Black Friday and the day after the election it kicked into high gear, then Black Friday was almost as busy, Cyber Monday was the busiest day I've seen so far and now it's on steroids. This is unbelieveable. I bumped those tracers to the front page on gun-deals when I posted about them before and there was 34 cans for sale. I just looked and it was down to 14.

rentz
Posts in topic: 15

Post by rentz »

ammo rush is worse than I thought, many places are backordered on 223

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Lucked out and picked up the last five boxes of WWB .45 target ammo at Academy yesterday. $22.50 for 50.

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

With the recent shortage of 9mm and even .22LR, I am considering buying a case online.
However, I do not want to pay local retail for that volume for internet purchase, and cannot seem to find any place online that has even reasonable pricing for target rounds of either.

Do you buy online?
Where do you buy and do you have any tips and tricks for getting better prices (or at least reasonable prices?)
Thanks!!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Skiprr »

Teamless wrote:With the recent shortage of 9mm and even .22LR, I am considering buying a case online.
However, I do not want to pay local retail for that volume for internet purchase, and cannot seem to find any place online that has even reasonable pricing for target rounds of either.

Do you buy online?
Where do you buy and do you have any tips and tricks for getting better prices (or at least reasonable prices?)
Thanks!!
I almost always start at http://gun-deals.com/ammo.php. Pick a caliber, then you can sort the resulting listing by any of the table headings, which lets you sort by manufacturer, vendor, etc. The default sort is cost per round, cheapest first. Enter your zip code to get an estimate of the shipping costs, however, I'd recommend you always view the actual deal itself (click on the description, and then click on the button labeled "Visit Deal") to see if there are any special shipping prices happening. For example, sometimes you can find free shipping if you buy in a larger quantity.

Once you settle on a product and vendor(s), check the coupon codes at Gun-Deals.com as well as doing a Google search for the name of the vendor and "coupon." There may be some active, coupon-code specials active and available.

Also look at the shipping/sale policies. Some vendors will only ship ammo as "signature required," while others don't have that restriction. The vendor's policies may affect your choice to buy.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

Thanks Skiprr, I'll check them out
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

howdy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by howdy »

Just got an add from Natchez Shooters Supplies and they have 9mm, .40, 45acp, and .380 in stock. Prices are fairly good.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

G26ster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G26ster »

Supplies my be good, but dealers are swamped with orders. I ordered some .38 S&W a few days ago from Ammotogo.com. The checkout said they were 14-16 days behind on orders. Today I received an email saying they were so swamped with orders that my order would not ship until 21-25 January, even though they have added additional shifts, days, and manpower. I don't know how the other suppliers are handling it, but I have to guess they are in the same boat. Dunno.

Whisky
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Whisky »

G26ster wrote:Supplies my be good, but dealers are swamped with orders. I ordered some .38 S&W a few days ago from Ammotogo.com. The checkout said they were 14-16 days behind on orders. Today I received an email saying they were so swamped with orders that my order would not ship until 21-25 January, even though they have added additional shifts, days, and manpower. I don't know how the other suppliers are handling it, but I have to guess they are in the same boat. Dunno.
I got the same email ref my order of 9mm and 9x18 - I'm suspecting that their "swamped" problem is actually a "supply" problem - was very tempted to call them and say I'd drive over and pick up the order - but then I found some of what I needed locally so I don't mind that it'll be a month late getting here ("only" a month, I hope..)

AS AN ADD : ammotogo had no trouble "cashing" my credit card - even tho they're unable to ship my order - I'm sure they're closed today (1 Jan) but I'm sure as heck going to call them tomorrow !!!!! I'm very irritated :boxing

howdy
Posts in topic: 27

Post by howdy »

Walmart on Fry Rd in Katy had WWB 40S&W 100rd for $36 (many boxes) and PPU 40S&W for $20 (50). They had 9mm PPU for $15. 3pm Wednesday, 2 Jan. They had .38 and lots of 380. No .223 or 308.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

newTexan
Posts in topic: 10

Post by newTexan »

How reliable is it to place a backorder with a place like Cabellas? If they're guessing 2-3 weeks, is that likely to be real date or pipe dream?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”