Just.... Waiting....

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

XDSConcealer
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Just.... Waiting....

Post by XDSConcealer »

TXPPQ wrote:
XDSConcealer wrote:So I check the DPS site this morning and to my surprise it says "Mailed". I didn't expect an update on a Saturday. I assume this update just means my plastic is in an envelope sitting in Austin but it's good to see that everything is done.

:woohoo :thewave :woohoo
Congratz! :clapping:
Hopefully you will have plastic in hand sometime this week. Looking forward to your "Wally Walk" report. :biggrinjester:
I on the other hand still have a few more weeks here in the waiting room.
The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is the simplicity of the gun purchase. I'm planning on buying a couple this weekend at the gun show in Stafford and the CHL will speed up the process.
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/4 - DPS Received Packet, BG under Review
9/20-9/22 - Manufacturing Pending, Manufacturing, Mailed
9/29 - Plastic in hand

XDSConcealer

Post by XDSConcealer »

I guess the DPS in Austin decided to forgo the USPS, forgo the Pony Express and decided to walk the mail from Austin to Houston. They also made sure to take all the customary breaks afforded to a government employee so I still haven't received my plastic yet. Seriously, how long does it take to deliver something from Austin?

:banghead:
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/29 - Plastic in hand

Hennessy82
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Hennessy82 »

XDSConcealer wrote:I guess the DPS in Austin decided to forgo the USPS, forgo the Pony Express and decided to walk the mail from Austin to Houston. They also made sure to take all the customary breaks afforded to a government employee so I still haven't received my plastic yet. Seriously, how long does it take to deliver something from Austin?

When mine said mailed, I got it 7 days later and it was postmarked 4 days after the date that said mailed.

XDSConcealer

Post by XDSConcealer »

Hennessy82 wrote:
XDSConcealer wrote:I guess the DPS in Austin decided to forgo the USPS, forgo the Pony Express and decided to walk the mail from Austin to Houston. They also made sure to take all the customary breaks afforded to a government employee so I still haven't received my plastic yet. Seriously, how long does it take to deliver something from Austin?

When mine said mailed, I got it 7 days later and it was postmarked 4 days after the date that said mailed.
Well this makes me feel so much better (sarcasm implied).
8/13 - Mailed Packet
9/29 - Plastic in hand

Topic author
GunNewb
Posts in topic: 94

Post by GunNewb »

UPDATE:

I have been carrying for a few months now... so I have a little experience. In the last three months, I've had to draw my firearm 3 times. Once to stop a bank robbery, and twice to stop thugs from stealing.

J/K my guns have collected dust and sweat in my holsters. I wouldn't have it any other way. The only action that my firearms have seen happened near a redbox kiosk. Somehow my pocket .380 fell out of my pocket onto the ground in the middle of a busy parking lot lol.

Enjoy that plastic!! Its worth the wait!!
07/27/12 - Completed Online Application
08/03/12 - Fingerprints submitted
08/04/12 - CHL course
08/06/12 - Packet Mailed to DPS
08/08/12 - DPS Recieved Packet
08/24/12 - BG Comp/Manufacturing Pending
08/25/12 - Manufacturing
08/29/12 - Mailed
09/04/12 - Plastic

Hennessy82
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Hennessy82 »

Same here. I got a belt from The Belt Man and holster from hhholsters.com. I can wear with a pair of shorts or dress pants and no sagging.

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jayinsat »

I have been carrying for a few months now... so I have a little experience. In the last three months, I've had to draw my firearm 3 times. Once to stop a bank robbery, and twice to stop thugs from stealing
r
You had me going there gunNewby! :shock:
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Wodathunkit
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Wodathunkit »

Enjoyed reading y'all's thread, I am in the "waiting on documentation" nightmare. Mailed on 11/19. Guys that mailed on 11/15 are just now getting updates so I hope it is soon for me. I think the election flooded the system.
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”