Electoral Votes

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 12

Re: Electoral Votes

Post by sjfcontrol »

C-dub wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:It just seemed a little odd to me for somebody to 'tweet' the Pope.
And more than a little worrysome to RECEIVE a tweet from the Pope.
I do not tweet, but it's gotta be better than poking him on FB, which I haven't done either and am not entirely sure of what it is anyway.
Facebook I have, but don't totally understand (it seems to change on its own whim). But I'm not a tweeter, twitter, tweaker ... whatever!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

emcee rib
Posts in topic: 1

Post by emcee rib »

sjfcontrol wrote:But I'm not a tweeter, twitter, tweaker ... whatever!
They're called Twits.
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 20

Post by anygunanywhere »

emcee rib wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:But I'm not a tweeter, twitter, tweaker ... whatever!
They're called Twits.
I seem to recall that that used to be a derogatory term.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Kythas wrote:People ARE still allowed to shop around in this country to find the place of business which can supply all their needs.
For some people with no insurance, that is not the case. :tiphat:

Again, I stand by my statement that religion doesn't belong in medicine.

There's a song I listen to ever now and again, and I'll paraphrase, but folks can get the gist. I think it's spot on:
"My daughter walked in and chose to ask 'Why are all those people sleeping on the floor covered in red?' I told her that they were looking for god but found religion instead"
:read:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

So you would force a Catholic doctor to perform a procedure that he/she doesn't believe in?
let me turn that question around "would you want your wife to be the patient?"

a friend is a pharmacist, would you force her to dispense the medications that cause abortions? something is doesn't believe in because of her religious beliefs

you don't care about their religious beliefs....I don't care about your insurance...go somewhere else....I'm relatively sure you aren't "stuck" with the catholic hospital...every city in TX has a hospital that will take 'every' insurance and do just about every procedure, you just have to do a bit of research, make a few phone calls, even my "phone-phobic" husband could figure out how to do that and would understand that everyone has the right to say "no" it's called the "rights of doing business".
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

A Doctor should never choose to perform, or not perform, a procedure based on their religious beliefs. A Pharmacist should not decide whether or not to fill a script for the morning after pill based on their religious beliefs. That is wrong. That is imposing their beliefs on someone else. If they don't like it, they can find another job. It's akin to saying "Sorry, I am not going use this defib on you because you don't believe in <insert some character here>".

:tiphat:

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Wrong...bad argument and you know it...using a defib is saving someone's life.

performing a tubal is a basic everyday, by choice surgery
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

SewTexas wrote:Wrong...bad argument and you know it...using a defib is saving someone's life.

performing a tubal is a basic everyday, by choice surgery
But you are going against gods "will", no? If it is time for a person to leave the Earth, it's their time. :leaving

Do you feel that Doctors should be allowed to choose what procedures they perform based on their religion? For example, if a Pediatrician, who happens to be a Christian Scientist, refuses to vaccinate children because it's against his religion. Or a Catholic Doctor who refuses to give MMR, Polio, and Hep A vaccines because they use aborted fetus cell lines?

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm done with this....I enjoy a good argument as well as anyone, but you're using ridiculous false arguments....I'm outta here.
~Tracy

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

SewTexas wrote:I'm done with this....I enjoy a good argument as well as anyone, but you're using ridiculous false arguments....I'm outta here.
I don't understand why it's so hard to answer: "Do you feel that Doctors should be allowed to choose what procedures they perform based on their religion?"

Bye bye

tamc9395

Post by tamc9395 »

Your posts need to be deleted as well. Freedom of speech, I think not!

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

tamc9395 wrote:Your posts need to be deleted as well. Freedom of speech, I think not!
TexasCHLforum Rules:

1. No profanity, pseudo-profanity, or abbreviated profanity. If you are in doubt about a word, don't use it. Any profanity substitute that gets the profane message across is prohibited!
Do you own this forum? No...so take your weak "Freedom of Speech" argument elsewhere. You broke the rules...don't get all hissy.

tamc9395

Post by tamc9395 »

Yes i did, since you chastised my freedom. I gave feedback, you responded, thus my response. You should be censored as well since your were negative in multiple ways. We should all love eacho ther... happy censorship......

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again
TexasCHLforum Rules:

1. No profanity, pseudo-profanity, or abbreviated profanity. If you are in doubt about a word, don't use it. Any profanity substitute that gets the profane message across is prohibited!

tamc9395

Post by tamc9395 »

This is off topic from the original post, but I know how you voted and I assume you are a donor under the new rules:

It only seems fair that people wanting to make money on the Forum help to support it's continued existence. \\

I was wrong in by abbreviation, but I still have a right to speak.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”